[Archive] [split] Rumour Speculation(1)

mattbird:

Mystery “army” has ben revealed… sort of…

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2009/07/gw-40k-rumors-mystery-box.html

Baggronor:

‘Something that GW have never done before’.

A price cut? :slight_smile:

Seriously though, it looks worryingly like another lump of lame guff for 40k playing 12 year olds. I very much hope I am mistaken. Shame it isn’t CDs though.

Hmm those question marks make me wonder… if I jump up and head butt it, will a red and white mushroom pop out and make me grow larger?

dedwrekka:

Mystery "army" has ben revealed... sort of...

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2009/07/gw-40k-rumors-mystery-box.html

mattbird
"
-It is a completely stand alone set that is not related to any race.

-It is something that GW has never done before.

-Some local stores are only getting one shipment; when that sells out it will no longer be available.

-You can't advance order it. You have to be there on the day to get it.
"
Will in all likelyhood have nothing to do with CDs, unless you take it to mean compact discs.

I'm throwing this out there: Bitz Box

Grimstonefire:

Hmmm… Listed under 40k rumours, and with ‘-It is a board game.’  Ltd ed space hulk anyone? That happens to be due out in august/ sept as well…

I don’t think this is related to the ‘mystery army’ at all.

Having read more of the rumours I think it’s also phrased as something that is not currently for sale, not necessarily something that has not been done before.

Swissdictator:

It could also be some of those rumours are complete junk too…

cornixt:

“It is a board game.” Pretty much rules anything for fantasy or 40K, although you might be able to use the models if it has any. Maybe a special edition of that new Chaos in the Old World game.

wallacer:

I’m hoping for a limited edition 3-d version of Space Hulk. That would be kind of cool.

Grimstonefire:

Over on warseer people seem to think there will be a version requiring batteries, with doors that actually open!!?

I’ll split this, on the assumption that it is not directly to do with CD as far as we know.

Filipicusius:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

GOD i am exited! And enraged! It isn’t chaos dwarfs!?!?!

Anyhow, i will probably not buy it if it isn’t awesome enough!

GRNDL:

I’ve lost interest.

If its limited availability, never to be sold again, then it has limited value to the regular gamer, or regular GW hobbyist. Thus, not worth worry about. Like a 40k Chess Game or something. Speaking as someone who picks up their exclusives only to be be burned on a regular basis (like the Talisman LE, for eg), I’ll probably end up buying it, but not really caring about whether I get it or not.