[Archive] Squats... CD inspired

sparrow:

I just thought some of you would like to see this guy’s page!

You need to scoll down a bit, but his (IG) squat conversions are pretty cool. His Commissar is definately worth a look.

http://blog.zaq.ne.jp/noharaya/2

Most of it is in Japanese, but take a look, great stuff!

tjub:

Seen it before, but its amazing work! :slight_smile:

ingtar_shinowa:

Really great sculpting!

Nicodemus:

Crap on a cracker, that’s great fun… I’d actually try a game of 40 if I had some squats like those to play :wink:

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Wow, some seriously cool stuff there. I’m in awe of everyone who actually builds a squat army these days… I mean not only are they not supported by GW anymore like the Chaos Dwarfs, but they were actually all killed off in the 40k fluff.

sparrow:

Squats… you either love 'em or hate 'em.

Personally I like them and I’m tempted to start putting together a small counts as guard list. I’ve warmed up my putty skills and I think I might attempt to sculpt some.

Call it what you like but I want to play games with the models that I like… If GW don’t want to support that then that’s fine, but I will still play all the same.

I would say most of the CD players have a fairly similar belief.

Plus it’s good for a laugh.

Thorne:

Love the Chaos squat image on the site too, Its really giving me some fun ideas

Obsidian:

Damn, that guy can sculpt. It might look easy with only bitz and ends (mostly) but the stuff he does looks really good!

Da Crusha:

WOW he is really good! I love the army and his greenstuff skills are ace!

Wow, some seriously cool stuff there. I’m in awe of everyone who actually builds a squat army these days… I mean not only are they not supported by GW anymore like the Chaos Dwarfs, but they were actually all killed off in the 40k fluff.

Ishkur Cinderhat
Really?! Ive heard that they were all eaten by tyranids but I thought it was a joke, is that how it happened?

dncswlf:

He even made a scale Leviathan mobile fortress… HOLY!!! awesome stuff!!! I have a whole squat force for epic space marine battles… ahhh memories…

tjub:

WOW he is really good! I love the army and his greenstuff skills are ace!

Wow, some seriously cool stuff there. I'm in awe of everyone who actually builds a squat army these days.. I mean not only are they not supported by GW anymore like the Chaos Dwarfs, but they were actually all killed off in the 40k fluff.

Ishkur Cinderhat
Really?! Ive heard that they were all eaten by tyranids but I thought it was a joke, is that how it happened?

Da Crusha
Jupp, more or less...

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Da Crusha
Indeed, the Squat Homeworlds were all destroyed by Hive Fleet Leviathan. GW probably saves any good ideas from the Squat army books for possible future use / reload with the Demiurg.

nitroglysarine:

love the work, great sculpting!