[Archive] stacking of +1's to channel

BoomBoom:

Let’s say you roll on the table for your prophet’s magical weapon abilities, and you roll the +1 to channel power dice. Let’s also say that you gave him the channelling staff from the common magic items. Would he then have +2 to channel?

Johnny-Crass:

Yes just like the spider shrine

Geist:

Sure that works, but let me ask you this. Why are you spending the points (as few as they are) on that arcane item, on the limited chance, of getting the plus to channel effect from your sword. I have gotten the st3 breath weapon like twice, and the point of that is you cant count on what you want from that sword. I mean sure it will be great when it works, but its kinda like waiting for the moon and the sun to line up. Looks awesome when it does but you cant count on it happening all the time just now and again.

BoomBoom:

just curious geist. never actually taken the channelling staff.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Geist: may not have been asking to plan for it, but rather to avoid any contentions if it ever came up. I quite like to give him the channelling staff (makes it easier to get dice when needed and combine that item with the piece of terrain that allows you to roll up to 4 channel attempts, it’s awesome - the 5s still count, but not for the miscast). Of course, if you happen to get +1 to channel as well, it becomes even more effective (4+ to channel with 4 attempts, downside being 3

BoomBoom:

exactly! thanks Hashut’s Blessing!!!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Not a problem. A little clarification saves a lot of hassle.

Geist:

Ah, well yes there is nothing in the wording of any of the core rules that would suggest stacking does not work. The only example I know of that stacking does not work is in the case of AP. This was a while back and and when 8th was still newish, Dark Elves have an AP banner and many AP weapons, so the community was of course curious to know if they could stack AP. This is one of the few crystal clear rulings GW made, NO. LOL

Grimbold Blackhammer:

The only time Special Rules don’t stack is when you run into duplicates of the same special rule (extra attacks the exception). If they have the same name, they do not stack.