[Archive] Starscreams ongoing blog o' everything

Hashut’s Blessing:

Thanks for the templates. I assume it fully explains how to create it and the dimensions of the card (including thickness)?

al-hashut:

Excellent stuff Starscream. I may very well have to try out some of those templates (especially the imperial navy craft)

starscream:

most of the files have easy instructions.

The Lightning is fairly easy to make, I havent tried the other navy aircraft but the Thunderbolt looks straightforward too.

Sousunou:

bows Starscream, we are not worthy!

I will have to look into making a few of those… but have so much other stuff to finish first.

Thanks for the link!

:cheers

starscream:

glad you like them. Its such a good resource that site. I generally dont link to it much cos I’m worried GWs gastapo might close it down.

starscream:

a little progress, I have been mainly working on that thunderhawk. I’ve also been distracted by some old skool chaos stuff, I’ll post photos asap.

heres the thawk, I’m not sure about the lascannon wings so they may change. I affixed it to a metal pole screwed into a nut on the bottom of the model but I cant seem to keep the nut glued on (even with araldite!) so I’m gonna try and build landing gear.

Kera foehunter:

wow its so big!!! so are you planing on to do battle damage to it too Star screen

what are the color your going to paint it??

starscream:

thats what they all say Kera! (i wish!).

battle damage? well I hadnt thought of that, I usually add scorches and bullet holes to larger models. Its intended for my Soul Drinkers marines but I dont wanna paint the whole thing purple so I reckon I’ll do it grey with purple insignia.

btw its “Starscream” (insolent carbon-based lifeform!).

Cryonicleech:

Woahs, that Thunderhawk is, its, I…I can’t even describe how cool that is…If only I could scratch build tanks/Thunderhawks/etc.

keep up the good work starscream (see, I spelled it right!)

starscream:

It isnt that tricky Cryonicleech, the thunderhawk was a lot easier to build than the titans, I had some templates for the basic body shape.

Cryonicleech:

Really? I might check those out, thanks!

zagor66:

starscream could you please post a link or the templates themselves please as ive always wanted to get a thunderhawk.thanks

starscream:

same site I linked earlier…

http://www.geocities.com/wh40kcardtanks/

Xander:

Awesome work on all this stuff! Well done. :slight_smile:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Looking good. I was wondering how you managed all the detail in the panels etc, then realised they’re 40K building sections, right?

What do you mean by the lascannon wings?

(P.S. This isn’t as sleek as starscream :stuck_out_tongue: )

Have you tried attaching things to hold the nut glued on? E.G. glue it on again, then GS over the edges and “top” (technically bottom) of it…

Might help. Also, will you add a few pieces of insinia to the front? Painted on will look cool, but it’s quite busy at the rear and not so much at the front…

starscream:

the secondary small wings that are folded down with a lascannon on the end.

Warhound no2 is currently about 50% finished, this one is taking longer though as I’m using foamcore to make it stronger.

I’ve spent the last few nights painting Eldar (I know, I know, I need to stop bouncing around) in preperation to paint this…

Hashut’s Blessing:

Looking very sweet :smiley:

starscream:

Sooooo…

wayyyy back in the day when I first discovered that iconic of games Rogue Trader (tho to be fair I dont remember anyone actually calling it by that name then) my most favourite of races was the Eldar.

My first 40k minis were the legendary RTB01 set of marines, my first full army was a genestealer cult using the rules from White Dwarf (we got chaos gifts back then dont-ya-know?) but my first real love was the Eldar.

I bought the original Harlequin boxed set and at first had a harlie army (‘real’ eldar at the time were known as ‘space pirates’ and ‘space elves’). Eventually though a quite amazing issue of White Dwarf gave the rules for craftworld eldar as we know them, I dont remember then number but I think it had a green dragon on the cover.

Anywhoo, I was a massive eldar fan all the way through to mid 3rd ed, rarely using anything else. Then I just kinda tired of them, I sold my latest eldar incarnation (a proper Saim Hain force) and have since used most of the other races available.

fast forward to now (still with me? great!!) and I’ve got the pointy eared bug again. It started last year when I bought a load of old Jes Goodwin eldar off ebay. I couldnt help myself - I really dont think they have been bettered and the rose tinted glasses of nostalgia (along with a few vodkas) did the bidding.

I’ve scratched about and found a few remanents of my old army lurking in bits boxes, bought a few odds and sods and now have an eldar army ready to go. Hopefully the variety an eldar army gives in paintwork will keep me inspired to finish another army.

Heres an overall look at the army - some I have started and some still need stripped.

and heres my first finished unit - Dark Reapers!

Hashut’s Blessing:

Loving the purple trimming. it mixes and stands out with the white guns, very well.

starscream:

Ok, I havent forgotten about these. I’ve been working away. Heres some recent WIPs, all of these will eventually get worked on some more to different degrees. I’m trying to get them to tabletop quality first though.

I keep switching beween which units I’m painting to keep it interesting.

Dire Avengers

D-cannon

Rangers

Harlequins

Phoenix

Fire Dragon

Howling Banshees

Jet bike

What do you think? I’m really enjoying painting these, been and gotten me a codex and I reckon I’ll debut them in a game this week (obv some unpainted stuff will have to be used temp.