[Archive] starting off

knightwolf:

Hello i am a fresh start to CD i am switching all my orcs over but other then that i have no idea where to start any suggestions would be aperciated:cheers

knightwolf:

Hello i am a fresh start to CD i am switching all my orcs over but other then that i have no idea where to start any suggestions would be aperciated:cheers

Lava Lord:

:hat off  Greetings Knightwolf, I’ve been on a hiatus for several years and restarting myself.  Do you have CD units?  You will need to get some.  There are the infernal guard, hobgoblins, and hero’s along with variations within.  Forge World has the most recent models, and war machines.  They are made in the UK and pretty cool.  The older style, which is no longer being made can be found on e-bay, but can be pricey, caution is the word.  Lastly but not the least, Forge World has a book that one of the sets of the current rules, Tamurkhan-The Throne of Chaos.  There is also the Tommy H rules, a good work, the Ravening Horde, and others.  This should get ya thinking and having more questions & that’s good.  This is a great forum and questions are welcome.  Hope to see your posts around, take care… Lava Lord  :cheers

Discoking:

Hi buddy & welcome, my newly braided friend.

First off, do you want to use your orcs in your Chaos Dwarf army?

As that would mean your list would not be the “official” list LoA (Legion of Azgorh).
This list is in the Forge World book, Tamurkhan.
Quite pricey, very nice book. I use this list.

If you want your orcs, you’ll need to choose an army list, Thommy H’s list is very good.
I’d pick that one if this route is your chosen path.

Other than that, get yourself a Chaos Dwarf wizard, & some Chaos dwarfs.
Peruse the galleries on here & find the look/models/equipment you want.

That’s how I started.

knightwolf:

I though I would start basic I just have orcs models good for slaves
So I guess I will start with dwarf conversitions I have a great taurus coming off eBay
BefOre I start though I am listening to the pod cast and looking for blunderbuss rules because I was drooling over a horde of them
starting a list ideas as i am waiting for points costs i have books coming in the mail
let me know what people think
a squad of 25 orcs looking at using
150 hob or reg goblins in three squads
blunderbuss squads two maybe 25 with hero
two earth shakers
maybe bolt thrower or cannons have not decided