[Archive] Stepo's Blog of Blogging

Stepo:

Hi guys,

Long time lurker, thought it was finally time to take the plunge and join the forums.

Came across the short curly bearded slavin’ folk a couple of years ago, and it was love at first sight. I’m a big fan of the hats (like the others also), don’t know what exactly it is about them, but i think it gives them a really unique and strange look which appeals to me, alot.

Have been collecting them for almost 2 years now (small hiatus to build the piggybank back up) and after hearing about Throne of Chaos list have a renewed desire to flesh out the rest of the army, touch them up, give them a lick of paint and show them off.

Will upload pictures ASAP - So watch this space!

BeeZharr:

Welcome Stepo, looking forward to seeing what you have.

Stepo:

Hi guys, update with the picture of the story so far:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/846/p1010476hj.jpg/

36 x CD wariors (25 Plastic), 18 x BB’s, 1xBC (lost the other one), Lord on Great Taurus, Lord on foot, Astragoth, Sorcerer on foot, Earthshaker, Death rocket and 14x Hobgob riders with bows (some with slot tab, but look really awkward on foot). Also planning to make another Earthshaker over the coming break as well as convert a dwarf bolt thrower into chaos dwarf bolt thrower (Using CD blockers as crewmen), hashut willing.

Thanks for looking, and praise be hashut!

G.2:

Nice looking army. I love looking at what “Big Hats” people have acquired. I can’t wait to see this painted. Any idea about colour scheme for your army?

Stepo:

No unfortunately, been trying to think of something a bit unorthodox may green and gold (aussie CD’s) or Orange and white. I think its a case of painting the options and having a look at the results.

G.2:

No unfortunately, been trying to think of something a bit unorthodox may green and gold (aussie CD's) or Orange and white.

Stepo
It can be hard, especially when you do want to get away from the standard colours. It adds a further element of difficulty when you want to be, as you put it unorthodox.
I think its a case of painting the options and having a look at the results.

Stepo
Yes, indeed, it is certainly worth a try. Except if you are like me, you end up with about half-a-dozen designs and you are still not sure which one you like the most.