[Archive] Storm of Chaos

Kera foehunter:

So do you guys and goddess think the soc was G W best campaign.

Do you think that it had some of the coolest army’s too

Ubertechie:

It certainly had some very interesting armies like the slayers, the first pure demon list and the Lothern Sea Guard, the trouble was that they where all very easy to abuse and as such created a fair amount of bad feeling in certain quarters.

It was fun to play in and we had some great games at our local GW store as part of it

Kera foehunter:

well i have the slayer army in dust now. But i though that some one would have the cult of slaanesh !!or the high elf sea patrol

Swissdictator:

Kera:

It would take some thought, and you’d have to be rather careful… but if you can find a way to run the slayer army using regular Dwarf rules it might be cool.

I’d be very careful, as it could get confusing between the units… but if you can find a way to make it work it might be worthwhile.

Plus you could take 3 simple core units and just take 4 big blocks of slayers too…

alex:

I never got a chance to play it. But yeah its probably the coolest campaign ever… where did u find soc army lists? white dwarf?

Ubertechie:

You can still use it in friendly games the doomseekers and the goblin hewer are nasty units to play against.

Also the Slaneeshi list was nasty and the Druichi anointed was a total beast of a character in combat.

Alex:

The only place to get the rules is from the main rulebook itself as far as I know - but you should be abel to pick up a copy on ebay reasonably cheaply

Zanko:

I like the druchii/slaanesh list, cause imo slaanesh fits much better to the druchii than khaine/khorne! For me the druchii were always tempted more by sex and drugs rather than of brutality and cruelty! :wink:

So this list contains for me the right way of “living” in the druchi society and not the brainless “self killing” way of khaine! :stuck_out_tongue:

… and the backgroud of the SoC Campaign was imo cool, much better than the other ones!

:hashut

Ubertechie:

Just checked on ebay (uk) and there are 2 copies both ending today (sunday) and both going for about £5.00

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I collected an army of Silvania (a couple of units anyway, got some pictures here) and it was quite a blow to my motivation to find that only after one or two years GW dropped that one from their list of legal armies again. :frowning: I think some of the stuff in Storm of Chaos was amongst the most unique and cool stuff they ever made for a campaign.

warh:

nice undeads!

do you have some rules for them or do you use VC rules?

Kera foehunter:

well at least the hell canon is still here!!

snowblizz:

But i though that some one would have the cult of slaanesh !!

Kera foehunter
Guilty as charged. Complete with a Druchii anointed carried around in a chair.

The best GW cmapaign?

Eye of Terror.

When the Chaos faction figured out how the system worked and were able to coordinate the actions of the Chaos players to cascade planets/systems into disorder. It even went so far that they had a dummy forum that was infiltrated by Imperial players feeding them false attack plans and a secret second forum for the real strategy :)
THAT was a summer campaign!

Neil:

Wasn’t there something in the FAQ for the latest Dwarf Army Book which detailed how you could still use the Slayer list with the current Dwarf book, or am I just imagining this? So you can still use it, just with your opponents permisssion and all that.

I have a Clan Eshin list (not much is cooler than Ninja Rat Men) which I still use every now and then. The new Skaven book might invalidate it though. I depends what changes they make, and I guess I will just have to keep my fingers crossed.

Hazkar:

soc was the best warhammer campaign

they really put a lot of background and love in it

all armies they created for this were great

much better then all the other campaigns:nemesis crown,lustria or albion

always just a lot of armies run to a place and fighting against each other

BilboBaggins:

Kera:
  It would take some thought, and you'd have to be rather careful... but if you can find a way to run the slayer army using regular Dwarf rules it might be cool.

I'd be very careful, as it could get confusing between the units... but if you can find a way to make it work it might be worthwhile.

Plus you could take 3 simple core units and just take 4 big blocks of slayers too...

Swissdictator
It's been done, the list looks something like this, not sure the exact comp of the army at 2k.

Runelord and Anvil
2 Dragon Slayers

Unit of Warriors
Unit of Thunderers
Unit of Crossbows

3 Units of Slayers
Pirate Slayers

Hewer

Use the Anvil to run the slayers across the board using thunderers, crossbows and hewer to provide tactical missle support.

BilboBaggins:

The best GW cmapaign?

Eye of Terror.

When the Chaos faction figured out how the system worked and were able to coordinate the actions of the Chaos players to cascade planets/systems into disorder. It even went so far that they had a dummy forum that was infiltrated by Imperial players feeding them false attack plans and a secret second forum for the real strategy :)

snowblizz
Wasn't that the campaign that all the Ork players bannded together to gain control of a planet to call their own.

BilboBaggins:

Wasn't there something in the FAQ for the latest Dwarf Army Book which detailed how you could still use the Slayer list with the current Dwarf book, or am I just imagining this? So you can still use it, just with your opponents permisssion and all that.

I have a Clan Eshin list (not much is cooler than Ninja Rat Men) which I still use every now and then. The new Skaven book might invalidate it though. I depends what changes they make, and I guess I will just have to keep my fingers crossed.

Neil
The only things in the FAQ (dated 2-2008) about the Slayer Army of Karak Kadrin was:

1. Had to you points and stat lines have to be from SOC book and No Slayer Axes.
2. You can't combine Look Snorri with the Strollaz Rune (up to 18 inch movement before turn 1 is really crazy).
3. Malakai IS NOT a Master Engineer (I really think they should have him listed as one but I live with the rules and FAQ's as written.

I still run my Slayer Army in non-tournament games. As long as you don't go crazy (18 Doomseekers in 2k game is crazy, I run 4) with the list you won't have people wanting to put your head on a pike.

In my personal mission to save copies of GW's pdfs from disappearing forever I finally did obtain all the SOC lists. :cheers

snowblizz:

The best GW cmapaign?

Eye of Terror.

snowblizz
Wasn't that the campaign that all the Ork players bannded together to gain control of a planet to call their own.

BilboBaggins
Yes. Da Green Kroozade. In fact I think they managed to almost run over the Scarus (Skar-uz) sector. I have friend who was part of that (I played Chaos) who later created a Looted Armoured Kompany from the Forgeworld More-Dakka (Mordax Prime).

Lots of things like this. People were actually involved. They've had more participants in newer tournaments (not hard since WH & Inet penetration grows) but the later tournaments have really failed in engaging people. From what I hear at least. The SoC got lots of flack for a really stupid end write up. In fact I think they have almost entirely ignored the SoC in current fluff.

BilboBaggins:

Well having one of the SOC special characters (Warmonger Garagrim Ironfist) killed by having a Giant fall on him was poor thinking/writing. I liked SOC for the most part. But Eye of Terror was stated that the universe would change depending on the outcome, something they seemingly ignored with SOC.

They could redo a SOC type campaign but having the results of games mean more to the overall fluff of the game.

It could be sorted like this.

Lustria:

Good: Lizardmen and High Elves

Evil: Skaven, Dark Elves, Zombie Pirates/Undead (Vampire Counts), Chaos.

Indifferent: Tilea (Dogs of War), Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs and Greenskins.

Situation: Fighting to gain control of the Magic (Winds of Chaos?)

Old World:

Good: Empire, Dwarfs, High Elves, Tilea (Dogs of War), Wood Elves, and Bretonnia

Evil: Dark Elves, Skaven, Daemons of Chaos, Warriors of Chaos, and Beasts of Chaos.

Indifferent: Chaos Dwarfs, Ogres, Vampire Counts and Orcs and Goblins.

Situation: Chaos wants to control the world (again).

Araby

Good: Araby (Dogs of War/Empire/Bretonnia lists)

Good (but hates Araby): Tomb Kings

Evil: Skaven

Really Evil: Chaos

Indifferent: Skaven

Indifferent: Greenskins

Situation: No Allies Here, All want total domination of the Desert.

Cathay, Nippon, Ind:

Good: Cathay (Empire, Bretonnia, Dogs of War), Nippon (Empire, Bretonnia, Dogs of War) Ind (Empire, Bretonnia, Dogs of War)

Evil: Warriors of Chaos, Daemons of Chaos, Skaven

Indifferent: Greenskins, Ogres, Chaos Dwarfs

Situation: Control of Trade Routes and Control of the Great Maw.

Overall Situations:

Chaos Dwarfs: Plans to gain Favor of Hashut

Greenskins: Fighting (possible trying for a spot to call their own)

Daemons of Chaos: Want control of all Magic for themselves.

Warriors of Chaos: Want to control of all Magic for themselves.

Beasts of Chaos: Want control of all Magic for themselves, looking for Fimir :sick

Lizardmen: Protect Magic Follow plans of Old Ones

High Elves: Protect Magic

Ogres: Protect the Great Maw

Humans: Keep what they have

Wood Elves: SAVE THE TREES (They are Hippies aren’t they?) Looking for Zoats :slight_smile:

Zoats: Don’t exist anymore.

Dark Elves: Collecting Slaves, Looking for Fimir :sick

Skaven: Warpstones Baby

Fimir: Definitely Don’t Exist Anymore (Fluff is PR Nightmare)

But could they do it right?

Kera foehunter:

Great imfo Bilbo !! thanks for posting all this it great Stuff !!

Thanks for you slayer imfo too !!!