[Archive] Suggesting conversion kits to FW

Grimstonefire:

So, as we know FW are in no hurry whatsoever to do GW or Blunderbuss conversions to their own models.

Rather conveniently the main studio have released the ironbreakers set which has bodies largely devoid of any detail (other than dwarf symbols, which could be universal).  Bodies  with ball and socket arms and head, separate shoulder pads and blunderbusses.

So I think we should pester FW to produce a conversion set of heads and shoulder pads to turn the Irondrakes into Infernals with blunderbusses.

Also some great weapons, as everything is ball and socket.

kekenda:

So, as we know FW are in no hurry whatsoever to do GW or Blunderbuss conversions to their own models.

Rather conveniently the main studio have released the ironbreakers set which has bodies largely devoid of any detail (other than dwarf symbols, which could be universal).  Bodies  with ball and socket arms and head, separate shoulder pads and blunderbusses.

So I think we should pester FW to produce a conversion set of heads and shoulder pads to turn the Irondrakes into Infernals with blunderbusses.

Also some great weapons, as everything is ball and socket.

Grimstonefire
Aren't there fw models of infernal guard that come with fireglaives?

Admiral:

Aren't there fw models of infernal guard that come with fireglaives?

kekenda
Yes, and the question is if it would be less work for FW to make alternative weapons / blunderbuss conversion kit for their own rifledwarfs rather than for GW's Irondrakes.

Still, it's a good idea, Grimstonefire.

AndyG:

If it were to happen, it would likely be alternative weapon options for their existing models. As demonstrated by Grim’s conversion pieces, it only requires hands holding the other reapons, and this would take minimal sculpting time by FW, pluss they would just release it as a complete pack with existing models, resulting in higher sales than just conversion parts.

From their point of view, to pay a scultor to make new heads and shoulderpads, they might as weel sculpt the blunderbusses like the Fireglaives on sprues of two. Maximumising sales of existing models for minimum work required. They are missing out on quite a large market.

Admiral:

If it were to happen, it would likely be alternative weapon options for their existing models. As demonstrated by Grim's conversion pieces, it only requires hands holding the other reapons, and this would take minimal sculpting time by FW, pluss they would just release it as a complete pack with existing models, resulting in higher sales than just conversion parts.

From their point of view, to pay a scultor to make new heads and shoulderpads, they might as weel sculpt the blunderbusses like the Fireglaives on sprues of two. Maximumising sales of existing models for minimum work required. They are missing out on quite a large market.

AndyG
Yes, they are. That's why one British and one Danish sculptor on this forum is going to reap a chunk of cash when their blunderbusses are released.

AndyG:

Yes, they are. That's why one British and one Danish sculptor on this forum is going to reap a chunk of cash when their blunderbusses are released.

Admiral
They would certainly get a chunk of my cash, need 40 blunderbusses and 30 great weapons. lol

Admiral:

In that case the existing Royal Guard models (including command group) might interest you. It’ll likely take a long while before Baggronor can release any Blunderbussers, so you can order immediately if you’d like some.

I recommend them. Have a look around the webshop, there are some nice character models.

AndyG:

Indeed, there are great models. I am a particular fan of Baggronor’s Dwarf Pyromancer 2.
However, I am particular after conversion kits due to the large amount of FW IG models I have obtained that need conversion. Also as most of my games are played at either GW stores, or at Warhammer World, I wouldn’t be able to us the Royal Guard models, where as conversions of the IG I could blag using.

It is a shame I never got any of Grim’s packs, as I would take them to FW and tell them this is all they need to do, and they are losing sales because of it.