[Archive] Summer Rumours

Father Grumpmas:

I suspect that GW has been " bitten " a bit by the results of the Storm of Chaos lists, which resulted in a horde of over-powered armies due to some of the lists being a bit unbalanced and under play-tested.

This means they will be very wary about updating the CD list without a lot of development work in case they create an list that is unbalanced. You are not going to put a lot of work into what is basically an stop-gap list, especially if there is work going into a new CD book.

They will probably just leave it as is - the old RH list, with individual competitions responsible for if and how it is played.

For that reason, an CD ROR for the Nemesis Crown would seem unlikely. You have to wonder if a CD special character does appear, will he/she be a tack on for Chaos, as per the Hellcannon (the CD warmachine the CD’s can’t use).

Xander:

I suspect that GW has been " bitten " a bit by the results of the Storm of Chaos lists, which resulted in a horde of over-powered armies due to some of the lists being a bit unbalanced and under play-tested.

This means they will be very wary about updating the CD list without a lot of development work in case they create an list that is unbalanced. You are not going to put a lot of work into what is basically an stop-gap list, especially if there is work going into a new CD book.

They will probably just leave it as is - the old RH list, with individual competitions responsible for if and how it is played.

For that reason, an CD ROR for the Nemesis Crown would seem unlikely. You have to wonder if a CD special character does appear, will he/she be a tack on for Chaos, as per the Hellcannon (the CD warmachine the CD's can't use).

Father Grumpmas
I certainly agree with the points you've made.

GW certainly have messed up some lists, but I think overall, the Storm of Chaos was a success. I am happy the Hellcannon appeared at all, even if we can't use it.

hal:

GW certainly have messed up some lists, but I think overall, the Storm of Chaos was a success. I am happy the Hellcannon appeared at all, even if we can't use it.
I am fully in agreement. Even though I didn't purchase the Hellcannon, I still think it was a great addition to the warhammer world and fighting against it opens up a whole new area of gaming.

Father Grumpmas:

I am also glad the Hellcannon appeared. It showed the CD’s were not forgotten and the crew have instrumental in providing the look (and often the basis) of many a conversion.

So even if a CD special character model is released and we can’t offically use it, it will still be another (easily available) model to add to our limited resources.

wallacer:

I think CD players should be as supportive as possible of any CD releases. They won’t be releasing a new CD army book if they don’t think it will generate enough miniature sales.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Wait, that would surely mean that the Hellcannon is null and void. It was in the list for the SoC Hordes of Archaon list or whatever. But, still, I would like to see SOMETHING CD for the nemesis crown campaign because, well, it’d be cool to.

Hotstuff:

Hi guys,

nice site.

pce

Xander:

[[Hotstuff]]!! Good to have you aboard! Post all your stuff in the Showcase section, I’d love to archive it! Have you seen my [[Earthshaker]] with [[Hellcannon]] bits? Hehe, I mimicked you idea. :wink:

Hotstuff:

Yeah I’ve seen your ES. Never felt like btchng about being the first to convert it like that. Yours looks great.

I’ll take some new pictures of all my finished stuff so you have some exclusive content:exclamation:

Xander:

Yeah I've seen your ES. Never felt like b*tch*ng about being the first to convert it like that. Yours looks great.
I'll take some new pictures of all my finished stuff so you have some exclusive content:exclamation:

Hotstuff
Woo Woo! Hotstuff's army is amazing.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I know that!

Dark Prince:

I am all pro new units and a hero, but to combine the CD’s and HOC is almost as dumb as the Nurgle/Skaven combo. I play both CD’s and Khorne and am repulsed at the idea of a joint book. Also I don’t look for any Reg of Reknown any time soon due to the fact that if you look at the newer army books, empire nd orc, there is no metion of using any Dogs of War.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I have a feeling that any new DoW or RoR units will mention which armies can use them, akin to the OK unit entries. I also would prefer that HoC and CD don’t combine, but if they do, it won’t stop me at all. I can have my own fluff! Mwahahahahaha! (P.S. Welcome…)

wallacer:

The old RoR used to mention who could hire them and if they were able to get them as a special choice, so hopefully any update will follow a similar pattern.

Monty:

Guys I think theres about as much chance of CD’s getting a new Character, RoR or Warmachine as High Elves getting a re-write :wink:

Strong rumours (all be it Black Shirt - regional managers in Aus) suggest that the new plastic Dwarf character, in much the same vein as the Orc and Empire ones, will either have or be made to interchange with a Chaos “command sprue” meaning plastic CD characters for all :slight_smile:

Time will tell… but none the less a plastic Dwarf character is GOOD news for us.

Cheers,

Mont

Revlid:

The Chaos Dwarf Special Character (with a big axe) has been rumoured and confirmed by a variety of reliable sources for the Nemesis Crown campaign for ages. The Regiment of Renown rumour sounds a bit like wishful thinking, but it could happen.

Granted, Chaos Dwarf don’t fit with the current Chaos setup, and certainly wouldn’t function well as a third book in the trio.

But. Many and all-but-confirmed are the rumours stating that the Chaos update will be one “mega-book” mixing daemons, beasts, and mortals. I could certainly see Chaos Dwarfs making a Harlequin-esque appearance in such a book. Warriors, Blunderbussiers, the Hellcannon and a Hero. That could work, although I’d still be a tad miffed, and I consider it unlikely.

Xander:

The Chaos Dwarf Special Character (with a big axe) has been rumoured and confirmed by a variety of reliable sources for the Nemesis Crown campaign for ages.

Revlid
Really? I didn't realize we had that much confirmation! That's awesome. :)

Grimstonefire:

If I understand all the rumours right, here is the upcoming releases so far (some sooner, some over the summer):

ORCS & GOBLINS

Black Orc Warboss on foot (a potential candidate model for the orcs Nemesis character??).

Gorbad

Aghaz

Plastic Black Orcs,

Plastic Orc Boar Boys

Gobbo on Squig

New Common Trolls

More Gobbo Bosses & Shamans,

EMPIRE

New Knights

4 metal Grand Masters

Plastic Flagellents,

Plastic Wizard kit,

Hellstorm/ Hellblaster kit

DWARFS

Hopefully the plastic lord kit, otherwise (as well as?) at least one new metal lord.

Plastic Miners

Bolt/Grudge thrower plastic box set?

CHAOS

Plastic Chaos Knights (maybe next year)

Chaos Warriors with great weapons & god specific sprue (maybe next year)

Plastic Dragon

Plastic buildings and terrain

Monty:

Good stuff Grimstonefire but do you have a source?

I hope the Chaos Warriors rumor is true!

Cheers, Mont

Xander:

Basically you have to go to Warseer and read the Rumour Roundup section. They have tons of reliable rumour aficionados.