[Archive] Superfella Vs Starscream... Round 2... This time its Fantasy

starscream:

Just to keep you updated, whilst watching Raw last night I painted…

another 5 skeletons (bring total to 10), a varghulf, most of Vlad Von Carstein and base coated another 5 grave guard.

Still need to finish the bases off on a few but am flying now, am really enjoying painting these, not looking forward to doing the zombies though. Might start the corspe cart tonight.

superfella:

i sprayed a unit of knights and base coated a horse… but i did spend 2 to 3 hours at the dog house with the pup working on her obediance & show training, and was dog tired (no pun intended!) by the time I got home.

Will hopefully get the horses painted this week, and do the knights themselves over the weekend.

starscream:

Made a start on the corpse cart, what a pain. Its fiddly to put together and then very difficult to get to the parts to paint. Got as far as basecoats.

superfella:

thats weird, i thought i had updated this thread.

anyways, i made very little progress at the weekend, as i spent all of saturday & most of sunday doing DIY, then i spent the rest of sunday afternoon asleep. watched the royal rumble sunday night / monday morning.

only managed to get 4 horses done. im slacking!

starscream:

Just as well I’m still flying!  Heres some pics of the finished ones, theres some more that just needs a bit more work…

Hashut’s Blessing:

I realised earlier today that I’d meant to update as well. I have finished 6 more marauders, 5 of which are command, so that’s a few extra points, lol. My dissertation, negotiated studies and essays are really starting to get in the way, but I will meet the deadline :wink: Not sure if I’d posted a few days ago to say that I had finished painting 4 screamers of Tzeentch (except for the base as I am yet to choose a colour!).

So, the brings me an extra 304= 120 points for the screamers and 6(4+1 for shield)+32(for command upgrades)=62 points for the marauders.

My total is currently standing at: 212 points :smiley: (Both units of marauders will also have the Mark of Tzeentch, so it is technically 252 points :smiley: Over a quarterof the way there it seems, lol :stuck_out_tongue: )

Next on the list is my marauder horsemen unit, then I have to get my spray going :wink:

starscream:

did some more over weekend, another 10 skeletons and the corpse cart now painted, still need to do shields n bases though.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Got distracted and so I managed to only add a Warrior of Chaos Standard Bearer over the weekend, lol :smiley:

Still, that’s 15 points, armed with shield is +1, standard +12 and Mark of Tzeentch for the unit is +20. Overall, an extra 48 points :smiley: Much quicker than painting Marauders ^^

Having said that, by the end of this, I shall only count game legal units/models.

New total is: 260 points. Over a quarter of the way there :smiley:

superfella:

ive managed to finish 6 Knights Errant, but my gawd I hate painting over a white undercoat!

will get the rest of my models sprayed today I think, and try and keep churning out the cavalry!

Warhammerman:

Finally some updates. Still routing for the Bretonnians! Go superfella. Best of luck to all. Can’t wait for more pictures.

starscream:

done more work, complete list of painted so far:

Vlad Von Carstein

Mannfred Von Carstein

1 Necromancer

30 Skeletons

10 Ghouls

3 Spirit hosts

1 Corpse cart

15 Grave Guard

6 Black Knights

1 Vargulf

5 Dire Wolves

Which means I am already well over 1000pts, gonna keep going tho. Pics to follow.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I have begun work on my marauder horsemen: I had to take them apart and strip them, however,t he unit champion is a little surprise :wink: Regardless, I have begun to paint them up. not got far yet as I was destracted by a deadline for my dissertation. I shall try to get some more painted and start taking pictures soon. Suffice to say I haven’t completed any extra models, but I have prepped two characters :wink:

superfella:

well im falling further & further behind with each passing day, I just cant seem to concentrate!

currently, ive finished 6 Knights Errant, 10 bowmen, 4 men at arms, an additional 4 horses & a pegasus. my damsel is almost finished, as is my paladin to ride the pegasus.

For some reason, I found it easier to keep to my schedule with the imperial guard in the last challenge, even though I had 3 times as many figures to paint!

Hashut’s Blessing:

I was about to post on here (well, earlier today, but logged off first, lol) to say that I will not bother with the daemons. I worked out a few army lists and it seems that I need to paint 23 Marauders, 2 characters, 5 marauder horsemen and 7 chosen. I may have forgotten something along the line, but that’s the gist of it, anyway.

So far, I have a dozen marauders done, most of my horsemen done and have prepped and built the characters. Just need to spray my chosen and I’ll be able to finish in time, I reckons :smiley:

My new list so far:

Unit 1: 6 marauders, full command, light armour, shields, mark of Tzeentch = 76 points (another 7 to paint, adding an extra 42 points)

Unit 2: 6 marauders, full command, light armour, shields, mark of Tzeentch = 76 points (another 6 to paint, adding an extra 36 points)

Unit 3: 0 Chosen, great weapons, full command, maybe Mark of Tzeentch

starscream:

Well I went and bought another 10 skellys to round off the 2nd unit. Once these are painted up I’ll post pics of the completed army.

Warhammerman:

Well I went and bought another 10 skellys to round off the 2nd unit. Once these are painted up I'll post pics of the completed army.

starscream
Awesome can't wait. :hat off

Hashut’s Blessing:

I can’t let starscream beat me!

My Disc characters is 224 points and my on foot character (now painted, woop!) is 210 points.

I somehow forgot to mention my unit of 5 Marauder Horsemen they are all painted, except for the champion’s mount :wink:

Anyhow, I’m going to try to get at least 8 more marauders painted tonight and then I’ll take pics and post, leaving me with just the 7 Chosen, the character on disc and a further 5 marauders to paint (although I may have to find an extra one, lol :stuck_out_tongue: ).

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, currently, my painted models are as follows:

Exalted Champion with Mark of Tzeentch, Disc of Tzeentch, Halberd, Shield, Blasphemous Amulet, Third Eye of Tzeentch and the Helm of Many Eyes (224 points. He is fully painted, except I forgot that I wanted to paint loads of eyes on his helmet. But, he is complete nonetheless :wink: ).

Chaos Sorcerer with Mark of Tzeentch, Level 2 Wizard upgrade, Staff of Sorcery, Talisman of Protection and a Conjoined Homonculus (210 points. Fully painted: his arm broke off when I was taking pictures, but I’ve glued it back on now :wink: ).

25 Marauders of Chaos with Shields, Light Armour, 2 Marks of Tzeentch and 2 Full Commands (230 points. Fully painted except 2 need bases, one needs his base painted and 13 [O.o] need to have the rims of their shields repainted

starscream:

nice one HB, looking forward to seeing those. However I am afraid Starscream has already “beaten” you. The challenge was for 1000 points which I had painted weeks ago. I’ll finish off these last skellies and probably have a 2000 point army painted.

Easiest quickest army I’ve ever painted.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Damn thee, foul decepticon :wink:

Still, maybe I’ll beat you to get pics of the 1,000 points up, eh? I plan to try and prime my Chosen before my morning lecture tomorrow and start painting them at my girlfriend’s either tomorrow or Thursday.