[Archive] Swiss's 2nd Chaos Dwarf army: need some help

Swissdictator:

I’m using a lot of 6th edition warriors as the basis for this army. I also have a bunch of 5th editon Chaos Warrior army.

I’m thinking Chaos Warrior torso pieces + Dwarf legs could work nicely.  Then take a 6th edition warrior head and give it a beard. The old warrior torsos actually have a flat area at the top, instead of using the normal notch to plug the head into.

The question is what do I do with the legs and dwarf torsos? This will require some more thought. It looks like I can cut some of the legs and to reduce their height, but this seems harder with others. Wondering if anyone has tried this. Plus for the 6E Dwarf Torsos: would GSing work to make them look more Chaos Dwarf like? Also how will I fit the heads there.

Kinda going for a Helm/Mask approach here. The way the warrior heads are going on the old school warrior torsos… they’ll look a little more like masks… especially once the beard goes on.

tjub:

The warrior look great!

Dont know about using CW legs and dwarf torsos thou, it might work with some heavy converting. But I think it’ll be a pain to make them fit with the look of the one above… So my tip is, save the bits for later and make more of the above instead, a cheap hobby is no real hobby! :stuck_out_tongue:

Kera foehunter:

well swiss i try the new( lego style) dwarf and cut the bottom half free

use the legs so it give him a more up like look

also the chaos and marauder arms are to long

well it a start still early for me

Swissdictator:

Well it’s looking like it is more helm style for the new army. I’m still giving them curly beards.

I might have a couple Big Hats… perhaps for unit champions and characters.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Looks good so far! If you put the beards on them, you’ll loose that Kool looking armour detail.

Kera foehunter:

what about a handel bar mustache ??? coming out of the side of the helmets

they could be the Gentlemen club cds

Tarrakk Blackhand:

You could do the beards very, very short so that they only extend out just below the helmet, but not low enough to cover the armour. Know what I mean?

Swissdictator:

You could do the beards very, very short so that they only extend out just below the helmet, but not low enough to cover the armour. Know what I mean?

Tarrakk Blackhand
I just might try that Blackhand. That's a good idea. We'll see how it goes.

wallacer:

You could always convert some Dwarf torsos as a unit filler to be sappers or miners digging their way out from the ground or coming out of a mine shaft or somesuch. That way the lack of legs wouldn’t matter.

Kera foehunter:

that the best one yet

give that man a cigar!!

Swissdictator:

Hmmmmm… if I could figure it out… mechanical legs could work too. I like your idea though wallacer.

Perhaps have them in some sort of slime/pollution/oil rising out of it… almost like a special forces team?

WhyNotCrashDifferently?:

Somebody on these boards used 6th edition Dwarf torsos and Night Goblin legs to make Hobgoblins that turned out quite nice. Forget who, however.

Swissdictator:

Ghrask Dragh I think. I know he used 6E torsos for Hobgobs. He and I talked about in PMs as I was wanting to use that. I’m liking it. They have the right pot belly Hobgobs should have.

WhyNotCrashDifferently?:

Dwarf legs too, not Night Goblin, lol.

Some memory I have.

Swissdictator:

Well a whole bunch of them are completed conversion wise (though I’m doing arms separate and I will glue them on after painting).

I’ll take some pictures and post them tomorrow.

Overall I like them, though I am wondering if the beard look right at the top. Wondering I might want some sort of scarf around to make the transition look smoother. That might also help give them that desert/wasteland wanderer look.

Ghrask Dragh:

Cool, I’m looking forward to seeing these! I like the idea of having the shorter beards.

Did you try any of wallacer suggestion? I’m making a note of that idea, maybe sometime in the future…

Swissdictator:

I’m going to try Wallacer’s ideas after I finish my first block. I’m a little excited for them, but the excitement for the first block is overpowering. :slight_smile:

Ghrask: Like you I’ve GSed around the Dwarf torsos so it’s not so much chainmail (or shirt, or whatever). So I’ll have them rising out of something when I go for his ideas… not sure what they’ll be rising out of yet. I also can’t remember if you gave your boys shoulder pads. Between Grave Guard and Lizard shoulder armor pieces I’ve got a nice little look going.

Make 5E Chaos warrior legs shorter works, but for some of them I give them a scalemail skirt to make them blend in.

jolpis:

i used lizardmen saurus shoulder pads and cut em in half looks quite good actually

Maul:

I like Kera’s idea of using the newer dwarf bodies legs and feet. I had some success with that on a slayer pirate test model (pic in army blog). I like the look though and look forward to seeing more.

Kera foehunter:

i like the mechanical legs idea !!