[Archive] T9a: Heroe and magic setup in V1.3

TheHoodedMan:

Hi guys,

in Version 1.1 I used a BSB and two lvl1 mages (fire and forge), the fire one with engineer upgrade.

I left out Version 1.2 nearly, played only one game with a master wizard alchemy (and a Overlord on foot and a BSB). The wizard seemed very overcosted to me.

What are you going to do in V1.3?

It depends on the list for sure, but how to include the now cheaper ring of dessication? Do you play with strong wizards, with weak wizards + engineer or entirely without magic? Is the Subjugator worth thinking? And what about the BSB?

At the moment I`ll try to include an overlord in a immortals unit and play at least one engineer with a little magic (probably alchemy or pyromancy).

Skink:

I am going to equip my heroes the same way as I was doing in version 1.2:

-Overlord with Obsidian Hammer, Dragon Mantle, shield, Sprout of Rebirth

-Vizier BSB with Ring of Desiccation, shield, Flaming Standard

-Prophet Wizard Master (Occultism) with Talisman of Supreme Shielding, Hardened Shield, & Hero’s Sword on a Bull of Shamut (this guy is a beast).

Although I am considering switching the Wizard Master for a Vizier (more or less same objects, still on Bull), and maybe take an Engineer Wizard Apprentice (Pyromancy) with the Ring of Fire and Besheluk’s Mechanism.