[Archive] tales of battle

Da Crusha:

http://www.indyplanet.com/store/popup_image.php?pID=3390&image=4&osCsid=nrffnhhlgcam4flffa3l80bsa2

the new tales of battle magazine features larry mottola’s Indy GT chaos dwarf battle for second place at the conflict GT earlier this year.

I already ordered mine ;).

http://www.talesofbattle.com/

clam:

I ordered my copy 2 weeks ago - when it was at the printing stage. Hope it will find me soon :smiley: Laying on my bed for 1½ week (now) - doing nothing - calls for a good warhammer read.

Zanko:

I ordered mine too!

I’m curious what I have to expect. :o

Beside some old White Dwarfs I don’t know any of such kind magazines! :smiley:

:hashut

Da Crusha:

I love warhammer magazines and I hate going to the bookstore and finding 1000 different magazines and no white dwarf.

hey clam tell us when you get it. I want mine already and I want to know how long ill have to wait.

mattbird:

they are just in from the printer, so should be in the mail shortly

Willmark:

Thinking this goes to the warhammer section.

KramDratta:

I have nothing but praise for Tales Of Battle and their service is great. I particularly like quality of the magazine and they’re better with every issue.

The first copy of my subscription disappeared in the black hole that is our postal service and the guys sent me another free of charge, which was great.

Cheers

Da Crusha:

I got mine yesterday :D!

LumpinCroop:

Is this a print-on-demand fan magazine?

clam:

Haven’t got mine yet :frowning: Is Europe really that far away? How was it Da Crusha?

Da Crusha:

Haven't got mine yet :( Is Europe really that far away? How was it Da Crusha?

clam
its a bit shorter than I thought it was going to be but was cool to see how an expert general used the chaos dwarfs. it even has an article on a Dwarf themed WoC army, with dwarf cavalry riding bulls:hashut! Im still really happy with it.

LumpinCroop
I dont think so, since they do run out fairly quickly Ive heard.

snowblizz:

LumpinCroop
I dont think so, since they do run out fairly quickly Ive heard.

Da Crusha
No it is a real printed (fan) magazine.

By gamers, for gamers.

Khaosbeardling:

Issue #6  :hat:hat:hat:hat1/2

I just read through my copy and I like it a lot.  Like a said in another thread, I feel better about spending the $7 on this issue with only 28 pages than $10 for a White Dwarf with more pages but in the end less content.  Ever page was full of interesting stuff.  

Perhaps this Summer when I get work again (no jobs out here in Pittsburg, Kansas sadly), I’ll subscribe.  Therefore I give Tales of Battle Issue #6 four and one half hats.  My only issue (Yeah I said it:)) was that it was a bit short and the battle reports were a little too vague for me personally.

Khaosbeardling

Da Crusha:

Issue #6  :hat:hat:hat:hat1/2

I just read through my copy and I like it a lot.  Like a said in another thread, I feel better about spending the $7 on this issue with only 28 pages than $10 for a White Dwarf with more pages but in the end less content.  Ever page was full of interesting stuff. 

Khaosbeardling
thats true and the 28 pages were all fantasy not like white dwarf that puts a whole bunch of ads 40K and lotr.

mattbird:

cool, glad you liked.

you can buy individual issues through indyplanet.com, on a print on demand basis.

we will also be expanding from 32 pages to 44 over the next few months.