[Archive] Tall hats **This message was automatically appended because it was too short.**

Kera foehunter:

No ’ the one that don’t like tall hat !! the cult cd people want mask !! Kera smiles

Snotling:

I’d say: why not both? I mean, after we all develloped more and more how a modern Chaosdwarf look like, it came out that ridiculuos tall hats belong to the typical everyday outfit of a fashionable Chaosdwarf as much as awesome cool infernal demon gas kickass masks (anyone can guess about my preferences? ^^). I can see no sense in finuring out a uniform stereotyp-CD. A solidier from the Empire can wear a mask, or a tall hat, or hat made of fur or a clowns hat… but he is allways a solidier from the empire. Even if he would wear a knights helmet, he will not be Bretonnian.

It is pretty weired, that in fantasy-realms, humans can be everything, live everywhere and can have different cultures, but other races have just one stereotype. There are imho also outcast dwarfs which are pirtates in the ocean around Estalia, or asian-looking dwarfs in Cathy, wielding samurai swords…

…And there are CDs in Zharr-Naggrund with Masks, with tall hats, with helmets, small hats and with no heads at all. Some have dreadlock beards, some not… there should be also dwarfs with only mustaches or goat-like beards… I mean, such long beards couldn’t be usefull in battle…

Perhaps all of that depends in the group, a dwarfs belongs to. Everyone is ruled by a sorcerer, and this sorcerer decides how his army should look like.

Well, what I want to say with that: Everyone should wear masks, tal

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I guess everyone can tell which CD faction I belong to.

Other than that I shall refrain from participating in the bazillionth bighat vs helmet discussion. :wink:

Warhammerman:

It’d be cool if they worked Chaos Dwarf Factions into the fluff.

Chaos Warrior Dwarf Faction: These could be true Chaos Dwarfs who fell to the Chaos gods.

Big Hats: Zharr Naggrund Dwarfs.

Daemonic Masks and Hellcannon Crew: These could be the dwarfs from Daemon Stump and the Arcane Engineers.

Snotling:

Why should Dwarfs follow the Chaos Gods, elves don’t do that, too (Slaanesh cult doesn’t count, that was a GW idea to sell stuff :)), the only exception is Hashut, but this has other reasons. Chaoselves have Khain, Chaosdwarf Hashut. Following the Chaosgods would include rivality between each other, but this wouldn’t find to dwarfs. Theire society, even the society of the corrupted ones contains the philosophy of respect (for other chaosdwarfs). And you would have the same rivality when you add fractions. Chaosdwarfs are ALL from Zharr-Naggrund, regardless what they wear on their head…

Before I don’t have a background explanation why all “real” Chaosdwarfs should wear hat pillars, I refuse to accept, that they all wear hats…

Warhammerman:

Why should Dwarfs follow the Chaos Gods, elves don't do that, too (Slaanesh cult doesn't count, that was a GW idea to sell stuff :)), the only exception is Hashut, but this has other reasons. Chaoselves have Khain, Chaosdwarf Hashut. Following the Chaosgods would include rivality between each other, but this wouldn't find to dwarfs. Theire society, even the society of the corrupted ones contains the philosophy of respect (for other chaosdwarfs). And you would have the same rivality when you add fractions. Chaosdwarfs are ALL from Zharr-Naggrund, regardless what they wear on their head...
Before I don't have a background explanation why all "real" Chaosdwarfs should wear hat pillars, I refuse to accept, that they all wear hats...

Snotling
No factions then. How about different culture for each city.

Uzkulak could be the Chaos Warrior Dwarfs. (They'd still follow Hashut)

Zharr Naggrund could be the melting pot of all these different 'factions', but would primarily be dominated by Big Hats to show wealth and such, which Zharr Naggrund would be known for.

Daemon Stump would be the main basis for the Arcane Engineers and the Hellcannon like guys.

Does that sound acceptable? :cheers

Snotling:

Isn’t Zharr-Naggrund the only Chaosdwarf city? ^^. There exist only a few thousands of Chaosdwarfs and they all live in the same city (you know, to have metropole with all the industrial crisis stuff, yeah! ^^).

The reference for the tall hats comes from the old GW dwarfs from the early 90’s… long time ago ^^. the only new reference is one CD slaver in the rlebook of the 7th edition. Everything else, the Avatars of War CD, the Hellcannon crew and so one have no tall heads. Not even Scibors Moscal ( I mean… they have hats, but they don’t exaggerate :)). So when every High Priest of Hashut has his own army, I would say that the 5th edition tall hat dwarfs are the army of Astragoth.

My CDs live in Zharr-Naggrund, too, but they wear different uniforms, different symbols and are more concentrated on technical stuff than religious stuff. This is whay they belong to another High Priest.

And again I ask: Why hats? Why not… overalls or… leatherpants or whatever? :slight_smile:

Oh and sorry for the question, but what is Daemon Stump? I miss a lot, because most time I stay in the hobby section of this forum :slight_smile:

Warhammerman:

Daemon’s Stump

And the Chaos Dwarfs have strong holds everywhere which I am guessing are sort of equivalent to dwarf holds.

Uzkulak is a sea port.

Daemon’s Stump is a stronghold.

And the Daemons of Chaos book mentions undead and daemons assaulting several Chaos Dwarf and Ogre strongholds. Which means they are not all concentrated in Zharr Naggrund.

Snotling:

hm, in this case it would make sense that every stronghold has its own features. But I think we would go too far when we say, how a CD should look like. The best thing on the CDs right know is imho that I have kind of artistic freedom and a too strict background would decrease this. And it is one of the few background facts, that every CD warrior belongs to one priest (I just red it today in the 5th edition corebook :)). So it would make sense if the outward appearence is an evidence of the origin of the CD, but it would also make sense when their look is specific for their lord, their high priest. This would garantee more freedom for the player and more cultural diversity for the dwarfs :slight_smile:

And the background of Daemons Stump is pretty cool! The only places I knew before were Zharr-Naggrund and the Tower of Gorgroth… just two… pretty lame ^^

Bassman:

I mean, such long beards couldn't be usefull in battle...

Snotling
This is plain heresy, and shall be eradicated immediately! Every dwarf knows the longer/bigger the beard the better it is, if it works or not in battle is of none importance.
If we discuss beard, the next step will be wine over beer.... this will lead to the ruin of the dwarf race more than the chaos gods themselves......

:hashut :hashut:hashut

:) beard + :cheers beer make the (dwarf) world spin......

Snotling:

Damit! I allways tried to be fluff-conform, but I knew it… I’m a renegate :slight_smile:

The next thnig I will do is to upgrade my forces to a rebel army… to free all the slaves… in this case my army is really not welcome in Zharr-Naggrund anymore… then you can keep you hats :hat off

Alric:

I like the big hats, mask and big hats with mask ideas.

Designers could make a different style combo for different units, a unit type would be identified by a particular bighat/mask style, characters could have big hats no mask , war machine crews could be helmets w/ mask , hats could vary in size with the higher ranking models having bigger hats.

IMO a CD army would better with different hat/mask styles instead of one size fits all style I see no reason to make it an either one or the other thing.

Bassman:

Damit! I allways tried to be fluff-conform, but I knew it... I'm a renegate :)
The next thnig I will do is to upgrade my forces to a rebel army... to free all the slaves... in this case my army is really not welcome in Zharr-Naggrund anymore... then you can keep you hats :hat off

Snotling
No big beards, free slaves... are you sure to be a real chaos dwarf? :o

Just kiddin' each it's own, but just to be clear I was talking about BEARDS not HATs. Everybody could have his opinion about hats but if we start to argue over beards...... :P :P

Kera foehunter:

Ok we had some fun let get back to the topic at hand

unless we start a new topic

Hashut’s Blessing:

Well, tall hats are a “BIG” yes for me. Ya get it? But, as said over a hundred times on HoH, TGA and on here, I am not fussed and always try to cater to all creeds. I’ve not yet got around to having pieces sculpted, but I designed (crudely) a CD warrior box set which allowed for all three options :wink:

Just be careful of others’ opinions as this debate can easily get out of hand and has caused Internet-wide schism before.

Still, interesting to see everyone’s takes :smiley:

I think my main reason for preferring big hats is because they were how I first got into CDs.

Rhazzouth:

Mask are the unique way to survive.

This is ower evolution:

:hat off:hat:D:~:(:mask

Kera foehunter:

i think the Big hats are what cd are about!!! The mask came a long after the hat shortage of 2309

now that there more demand for hat! the hat factory is in production

so throw away the masks

Snotling:

The mask came a long after the hat shortage of

Kera foehunter
You see: they are old! Done! Yesterday stuff! People don't wear clothes from two centuries ago, too ^^

Kera foehunter:

lol well i see that people still where dresses and they where the first type outfits there mr. Snotling Fashion always repeats it self if your true hip !!

and now with the beaver population going wild its big hat time to shine again

Snotling:

Fashion always repeats it self if your true hip !!

Kera foehunter
no, if you are a weirdo! :P
Not that I don't like weirdos, but I still thing that the typical CD rom today looks different to the CD from 2300. Espaecally the CDs who are more for progress than tradition. They researche the whole time for new technology, very progressive, so it makes no sense that they wear the same clothes for thousands of years ^^
And I still don't have a reason why they should ever wear hats... Their statues from Lamasi have hats, but they are thousands of years old. And even IF all warriors have this kind of hats... why tall? There are a lot of concepts in the internet where they have this hat-shape, but in a size which looks... realistic ^^