[Archive] Tamurkhan book for sale via Games-Workshop Online Store

Nicodemus:

Chaos Dwarfs got a mention in GW’s What’s new today thread.

The Tamurkhan book can also be purchased ($92CDN) via their Online store, which saves you the postage that Forge World charges… however, if you’re in Canada, it’s still cheaper to order from Forge World!

The book is £45.00 plus a delivery of £5.40, for a total of £50.40. Current exchange rate makes that $80.97CDN!!

From the GW store, for Canadians anyway, you’re paying $92CDN, plus an additional $7.82 in mysterious charges that’s not GST and not standard shipping (both show as $0.00). So, $99.82 CDN. Forget that noise!!

Chaos Dwarfs do get a prominent mention on the Tamurkhan sales page on the GW site as well.  Now we just have to vie for a postion with the new Necrons in the What’s New Today slot this week if we can!  x.x

~N

ryanamandaanna:

Yeah, I just noticed that; my order from FW hasn’t even shipped yet… :frowning:

Nicodemus:

Mind finally changed to “shipped” a few days ago. Could still be several weeks before I get it though :stuck_out_tongue: Ugh! Come on already!!

Shef:

just ordered my of GW website 5 mins ago. i knew waiting was a good idea

Zanko:

just ordered my of GW website 5 mins ago. i knew waiting was a good idea

Shef
Good to know - that's make it much easier to get!

Thanx for the info! :hat off

:hashut

Xander:

Was going to post this! Nice to see everyone is keeping on top of things. I think I will get my copy this way!

BeeZharr:

Darn it, I preordered from FW and paid the silly postage charge. Postman tried to deliver it on Friday, but I wasn’t in so Royal Mail are currently holding it hostage… so frustrating…

Ironclad:

I don’t mind the FW postage charge considering I got mine signed. :slight_smile: Also, on another related note, if you live near Nottingham they have about 20 copies of Tamurkhan on sale at this very moment in Warhammer World.

Ironclad

Blue in VT:

$76 plus shipping!!! Jesus Cristo!

Why do I even look at these things…these pretty shiny things…sigh

Blue

Nicodemus:

I’ve just crunched some numbers and updated my first post.

If you’re in Canada, order from Forge World!

The book is £45.00 plus a delivery of £5.40, for a total of £50.40. Current exchange rate makes that $80.97CDN. The only other thing may be customs fees (which they seem to arbitrarily assign and we have no control over).

From the Games Workshop store, for Canadians anyway, you’re paying $92CDN, plus an additional $7.82 in mysterious charges that’s not GST and not standard shipping (both show as $0.00). So, $99.82 CDN.  You’re paying alomst $20 to order from GW directly. Forget that noise!!

Tamurkhan - Order from Forge World. Tell your friends.

~N

zobo1942:

Thanks for figuring that out!

However, it’s still out of my price range. Which sucks, because I’d really like to read it. I’m surprised it’s (nearly) as expensive as the main rule book.

How large a book is it?

EDIT: spelling

Grimstonefire:

coughs I did point it out a couple of weeks back. :wink:

klemanius:

Zobo, its almost as thick as the rulebook (2/3rds the size)

RTMaitreya:

Damn, that is even more expensive when you calculate it in mickey mouse U.S. dollars.

I just can’t justify that right now. Gotta wait for a regular CD release. . . . maybe a white dwarf if they do it in the next year?

silentbob27:

I ordered it yesterday from the US GW site. Cant wait!

ryanamandaanna:

Mine just moved to “shipped”, so hopefully I won’t have to wait more than a week. It’s $72 from FW vs $76 from GW once you do the conversion, but the shipping charge destroys that benefit. :frowning:

Nicodemus:

Mine just moved to "shipped", so hopefully I won't have to wait more than a week.  It's $72 from FW vs $76 from GW once you do the conversion, but the shipping charge destroys that benefit.  :(

ryanamandaanna
So it sounds like for you Yanks anyway, GW has it reasonably priced. What the heck were they thinking with the Canadian prices? Shameful!!

furrie:

For the dutch people it saves about 0.50 euro when ordering from the GW site(this includes shipping). 60 euro on the GW site and about 60.50 euro on fw. But when ordering on the fw site for enough in one go and it becomes cheaper to order at fw.

ChungEssence:

Picked it up from local store. Still sealed. Looks great though.

$102… ouch(AUD)

looks great though