[Archive] Tamurkhan The Movie : an interesting history?

vulcanologist:

Apologies if anyone has brought this up before but I don’t know if anyone is aware that Tamurkhan may have it’s roots in a dark chapter of real life history.

The first section of the Burma-Thailand railway constructed by slave labour by the Japanese during the second world war (infamously known as the Death Railway) was named Tamarkan (sometimes spelled Tamarkhan) as was the POW prison camp located there.

Tamarkan was where Lieutenant Colonel Philip Toosey was held prisoner along with thousands of other allied prisoners of war. For those of you who don’t know your history (or movies) Colonel Toosey was the British Officer portrayed in an Oscar winning performance by Sir Alec Guinness in the film The Bridge Over The River Kwai.

CopperPot:

Wow very interesting and good film to.

fairoaks024:

well spotted V, hadn’t realised. i’ll go back and re-read tamurkhan again and see what pops out with new eyes

regards

jim

Skink:

Wow cool! I googled the thing. Very interesting indeed.

Now, in case they are going to make a movie out of “Warhammer Tamurkhan” I want Wee Man from MTV Jackass as Drazoath the Ashen. And the cow from Me, myself and Irene as Cinderbreath.

cornixt:

Might explain why even the writer of Tamurkhan pronounces the name differently each time he says it.

Bridge Over The River Kwai was not 100% historically accurate, but still a very good film.

The Charioteer:

Wow cool! I googled the thing. Very interesting indeed.

Now, in case they are going to make a movie out of "Warhammer Tamurkhan" I want Wee Man from MTV Jackass as Drazoath the Ashen. And the cow from Me, myself and Irene as Cinderbreath.

Skink
I think the cow from Kung Pow Enter the fist is better qualified.

vulcanologist:

Its certainly interesting. If it wasn’t directly connected it’s a big coincidence!