[Archive] Tarrakk Blackhand's Army Inventory

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Hi guys!

Well, I’ve almost got 75% of my CD’s either finished, painted, assembled or cut off the sprue and I thought I’d start making up my army Inventory list.

I need some quick help in deciding on a few figure ideas before I finalize this list and finish converting BFSP pieces as well as a metal figure.

Here’s what I came up with. “Question Mark” figures are ones I haven’t finalized as far as ideas go, so they are open to interpretation before I set them in stone…or Greenstuff. I’ll need help and your opinions with these guys.

As for magic spells and banners, I haven’t included any on this list as I can always move them around or add them for certain battles, etc. Right now I’m just focusing on the basic points system. (Bare points)

Lords :

Tarrakk Blackhand - Heavy Armour, Shield, Axe - 129 Points

? Chaos Helga - Heavy Armour, Shiled, Axe - 129 Points

? Chaos Borri Graniteskin - 2 Hand Weapons, Heavy Armour - 132 Points

Sorcer Lord :

Fire Wizard - Hand Weapon - Level 3 - 190 Points

? Chaos Helga - Hand weapon - Level 4 - 225 Points

Heroes :

Girl with Shield - Additional Hand Weapon, Heavy Armour, Shield - 70 Points

Girl with Hammer and Nail - Additional Hand Weapon, Light Armour - 66 Points

Bull Centaur Hero - Battle Standard Bearer, Heavy Armour - 129 Points

Sorcerer Hero:

? Chaos Borri Graniteskin - Level 2 - 100 Points

Core Units :

CD Warriors;

Unit 1 - Hand Weapons, Shields, Heavy Armour + 1 Muscian, 1 SB, 1 Champ - 138 Points

Unit 2 - Great Axe, Heavy Armour + 1 Muscian, 1 SB, 1 Champ - 140 Points

Unit 3 - Blunderbusses, Heavy Armour + 1 Muscian, 1 SB, 1 Champ - 150 Points

(That’s 12 axe and shield warriors, 10 great axe warriors and 10 blunderbusses)

Special Units  :

Death Rocket - 80 Points

Hobgoblins

Core Warriors :

Unit 1 - 20 Axemen with shields and light armour + 1 Muscian, 1 SB, 1 Champ - 110 Points

Unit 2 - 20 Axemen with shields and light armour + 1 Muscian, 1 SB, 1 Champ - 110 Points

Archers - 20 Hobgoblins with bows + 1 Muscian, 1 SB, 1 Champ - 130 Points

Wolfriders - Unit of 10 - Hand Weapons and Shields + 1 Muscian, 1 SB, 1 Champ - 150 Points

This leaves me with 2 remaining Hobgoblins. These are the guy holding Squigg and the Magician.

From here, I can make one of three different units;

? Hobgoblin Bolt Thrower - (2 Hobbo’s + Grudge Cart) - 30 Points

? 1 Wolf Rider Hero - (1 Hobbo + Spare old Wolf model) - Shield and Hand Weapon - 58 Points

AND 1 On Foot Hero - Heavy Armour - 44 Points

Please help me decide on the “?” figures.

Beastybeastbeats:

IMO with that army, play a 500 pt or a 750.

Since your just starting out and you have a few pieces play a smaller game as you would when you have everything built. Don’t over load urself with heros and gear and Extras just because you need the points, just play smaller games. UNLESS your playing something big and important, then just cramm away.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Yeah, most of my opponients are over 1000 points with their armies…some boarderlining on 2000.

Besides, I can always sub out guys for smaller games. This is just what I’ve built using BFSP and 3 other metal figures + 2 extra BFSP miners.

Beastybeastbeats:

Yeah, most of my opponients are over 1000 points with their armies...some boarderlining on 2000.

Tarrakk Blackhand
Challenge them to a good old low points game imo.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I’m not new to Warhammer. I played a large Dwarf army before. 1500 points.

ElEndro:

I agree with Beastybeastbeats. Looking at your core CD none of them is a good hitting unit from 1000pts above. CC warriors should be at least 20 to get a lot of CR. Blunderbussiers about 15 to maximize fire power.

The hobbos are too expensive. Their purpose is too annoy the enemy, provoke failed charges, etc. They are perfect naked. But if you want to gear them standard is very bad. If they are fled by an unit in CC then your opponent gets +100 vp. I would not take any of the command in them, exept the wolfriders, im still not sure how to field them here. In my orc army they run 5-6 models with spears and musican. But here as they are 10+ i have no idea.

Also if i would take hobbo archers, i would make them 2*10 without anything else, you cant field 20 archers on the field effectively in one unit. Dividing them in 2 unit is a good idea.

Make the bolt thrower, or make maybee 2, in the Word of Hashut there is a good way how to convert it from scrap.

So i think over 1000 points with these figures you cant make a good army, thats why you should try to play lover level games.Here is my list, if you want to see a fairly good and balanced list.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

I think I see where the problem is.

I listed all the models I have so far - The Battle For Skull Pass figures plus 1 Queen Helga (Chaos Helga), and the two other metal mini’s that Kera sent me. Then I asked opinions on how to convert the ones I didn’t know what to do with…so it was a double thread.

I really didn’t think of putting these guys in a propper “Army List” but just thought of what was there, there being in my collection so far. So this thread is really an “Inventory List” but not an “Army List”.

You guys are right. There isn’t enough of any paticular unit for “Unit Strength” after Combat Resolution and the way I worded it is harshly unballanced. To fix the unit strength, I’d have to buy more Dwarf figures and beef up my existing units. I’m not at that stage yet.

So instead, I’ll re-group this list into a more “common” look for use in actual battles.

I’ll post them in a new thread.