[Archive] Tarrakk Blackhand's Painted Army (BLOG)

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Thought I’d post the pics of my painted army. :hat

Catch up with the conversion work, etc on my regular ongoing Army Blog located here : https://discourse.chaos-dwarfs.com/t/9357

First up is my Chaos Dwarf Lord.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

And now for the 2 female Chaos Dwarf Heroes…

And Lady #2

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Finally, a group photo for the 3 of them.

Hazkar:

uhh,like the ladies,what are they from?

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Here’s my first warrior. More painted mini’s coming soon!

Thanx Hazkar. the ladies came from Kera and I’m not sure which company she bought them from.

Zanko:

Yeah!!!

Really cool converted and painted minis!

@Hazgar: The upper maiden with the shield is “Freja Fangbreaker” and the other is “Margara” both from  

Reaper Miniatures

:hashut

Hazkar:

thx zanko,for that info

Border Reiver:

I like the colour scheme, but the minis could benefit from just a little highlighting (although you’ve got the different textures for black down nicely) and some sort of flock/ballast/sand on the bases

clam:

They are great - love the shiny vanished look og clothes and boots.

Have also giving it a lot of thought about bringe some female character to my army collection - and Reaper really do some nice ones - but they are really big compared to a GW dwarf :frowning: - not very flattering for a girl :wink:

Kera foehunter:

great start to your blog mr t

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Thax everyone! Yeah, the girls look taller, but what’s wrong with tall women? :smiley:

Zanko:

Thax everyone! Yeah, the girls look taller, but what's wrong with tall women? :D

Tarrakk Blackhand
Nothing!

If they are taller ... you can always look up to them!:D

:hashut

Kera foehunter:

i so love your thinking zanko !!! but im not tall! im the shortest one here

clam:

Thax everyone! Yeah, the girls look taller, but what's wrong with tall women? :D

Tarrakk Blackhand
It's no tall women that's wronge - it's the little fat guys they are hanging out with :D

I love tall women. Married one - you see ;)

Kera foehunter:

so now chaos dwarfs are dating elves ooooooooooohhoooo

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Isn’t that where the Halflings came from? I sense there will be some Hobbits in 9 months!

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Here’s 10 out of 20 BFSP Night Goblin Archers that have been converted into Hobgoblin Archers.

The two Hobgoblin Archers on the ends of the front row have been extended using Sprue and Green Stuff, but the rest are the normal Night Goblin height.

Paint is Testor’s Zinc Chromate Yellow, Orange and Flat Sea Blue used to make them look like the Marvel Comic’s Hobgoblin Character.

All figures were washed using Games Workshop colour washes.

The banner was printed out onto blue paper from a copy of Warhammer Presents : Chaos Dwarfs and then hand painted. I don’t have a colour printer, so I have to do everything the hard way.

Ubertechie:

These are looking fantastic - however if you based them they would look even better. I do mine as follows

1: Cover base in PVA then dip it into a pot of GW Sand - shake of excess - leave to dry for 8 hours

2: Wash liberally with Vallejo Brown ink - leave to dry for 8 hours

3: Paint the edges of the base with GW Graveyard Earth - leave to dry (about 1 hour) - sometimes 2 coats are required

4: Dot PVA glue in 2 or 3 small blobs onto the base and dip into GW Static Grass - shake of excess and leave to dry - Voila nicely based minis

I always do mine as the last step once the minis are fully painted - there are lots of other methods of doing it but i only use the above one on all of my minis as it works for me

cheers

Tarrakk Blackhand:

ThanX for the tips Ubertechie.

Actually, I know how to base the models, but I’m waiting on a finalized “plan” of their terrain. I didn’t glue the guys in place, so I have the option of removing them for basing at a later date.

I’m not sure if I should do the lava base or just black rock. Also, they could be on grass as well. I just haven’t decided on anything yet.

Kera foehunter:

they look cool mr t love the yellow