[Archive] Tarrakk Blackhand's Painted Army (BLOG)

Tarrakk Blackhand:

ThanX! More to come soon!

Kera foehunter:

how soon!!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Swissdictator:

Your goblins paint job looks very oldschool, which is actually not out of line for Hobgobs in a Chaos Dwarf army! :slight_smile:

Tarrakk Blackhand:

My friend took his camera back for a little while, and I’m thinking of getting my own because it will be there when I need it. Therefore, it might be a little while until I get some more photos, but it should be better when I get a chance to come back with more pics.

ThanX Swiss for the compliments!

Kera foehunter:

lol yea i need to get a camera to. The same story i know

Zanko:

Yeah I know the problem …

Our little house troll (my son) crushed my digital camera! :sad

So I have to search for a good new one … :question:

I´m afraid this could last a while cause I have no knowlege about such things (like cameras)! :rolleyes:

:hashut

Kera foehunter:

well i don’t have one of them Zanko ! but the bill i owe still out way my wants!!

plus that meens when i do have someone with a camera i get a visitor

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Well, I didn’t make round #2 with my Chaos Dwarf Death rocket, so I might as well add it to my Painted Army Blog.

Crew are converted from The Battle For Skull Pass Cannon Crew and Rockets and Rocket Launcher were hand made from Evergreen and Plastruct styrene plastic.

Display base was also created by myself.

The entire scene is remeniscant of the old White Dwarf Presents : Chaos Dwarfs drawing by MG on page 12 and the models pictured on page 41.

This photo shows the rear of the rocket in the launcher. Watch out! These things get hot!

From the front of the Rocket Launcher we have :

Rocket with “Twist Blades” which are designed to cause the launched rocket to spiral in the same way as a football is thrown to increase it’s distance.

Next is the cast iron barrel with cast iron skull. Barrel was made from Evergreen plastic tubing and sheet stock while skull and wick came from the Chaos Warriors sprue.

The wick is painted with Flat Black, Tan and dry-brushed with steel paint to look like a rope wick that was covered with gun powder.

Brass retainer came from a Lexmark Inkjet printer head and carridge was made again from Evergreen Styrene. (square and square tube)

Wheels are from a 1/25th scale AMT 1957 Ford and hub caps are Chaos Maurauder Shields.

Rocket, Launcher and crew are removeable.

The base was made from 1/4" hard board, Balsa wood strips, a rock, Hydrocal and liquid water was poured in the crater near the launcher’s wheels. There is a Tomb Kings skeleton arm in the crater.

This guy was originally holding a Cotton Swab for cleaning the Dwarf Cannon.

His arm and swab were removed, the plastic reshaped and a new arm socket drilled into the body.

New arm came from the Dwarf Thunderers/Quarrelers kit and rocket was hand turned in the drill press by myself.

Nose and armour were redone using Green Stuff from The Games Workshop and Pikelhaube helmet was created by using spare spikes from the Chaos Warriors kit.

All “Good Dwarf” emblems were removed from helmet and Beerstein to make it look more like a uniform from the Chaos Dwarfs.

Uniform design and colour follows the Prussian Army cira 1870-1916.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

This second crew member also came from the BFSP set and his wrench was cut off above the hand, Dragon emblem removed and replaced with Chaos Warriors axe blade and wrench was re-glued to point forwards. Pickelhaube spike also added to helmet.

Also note the rings in the beard. Top is a steel and copper combination ring and bottom ring is black leather. This Dwarf also has a Copper and Brass eye-sight on his helmet.

All models were painted with Testor’s Enamels and Artist’s One Shot sign painter’s paint. (Red Pinstripes)

Note the metallic colours : Brass, Copper, Gold, Steel and Silver in the launcher’s barrel.

Here we have the back view of the Rocket Launcher and Crew. Note the change in armour pattern and back detail. Again, all leather articles follow Prussian Army Uniforms cira 1870-1916.

Kera foehunter:

i love the simple but cool ,death rocket

Tarrakk Blackhand:

ThanX. However, it was too simple for GH. Next time I’ll have to think out something more radical. I suck!

Border Reiver:

Nice simple conversion (the pickelhauben are a nice touch). The only comment I have is that the yellow rockets don’t have a smooth finish to them.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Yeah, the brush piced up a lot of dust in the final coat. It was a drag!

Zanko:

Cool Death Rocket! :slight_smile:

The rocket itself  a bit too much yellow for my liking! :wink:

But the crew is really great, I like the style very much! :hat off

:hashut

Kera foehunter:

i like it due to the point it is simple!! i might have to make one

clam:

ThanX. However, it was too simple for GH. Next time I'll have to think out something more radical. I suck!

Tarrakk Blackhand
No need to - next one will 'just' be a Bull Centaur (If you were to ask me ;))

Tarrakk Blackhand:

Well, if that’s the case, then my Bull Centaur has to be the Arnold Schwartziniger of Bull Centaurs to compete against all you fine modelers.

Kera foehunter:

that would be a cool bull centaur mr t

wallacer:

That weapon looks scarily modern. Maybe it’s just the rocket.

Tarrakk Blackhand:

It’s pretty much a direct copy of the old mini. In fact, the Warhammer Presents book had an “Exact Size” picture I copied the height of the rockets from.

The wheels might be a factor though.