[Archive] Tauros Guard- Rare choice

Grimstonefire:

What do you think of this as a rare choice (on 20mm bases):

Fluffwise they have atrophied wings, so they are not fully capable of flying, but can leap quite far (hence the M7).

Tauros Guard …  Points/ model:  19

.                                    M WS BS S T W I A Ld
Guardian                 7   4   3   4 4 1 2 2 9
Hand of Hashut  7   4   3   4 4 1 2 3 9
Unit Size:  10+

Equipment:  Hand weapon, great weapon and heavy armour

Options:  

o  Any unit may additionally have shields for +1 pt/ model

o  Upgrade one Guardian to Musician for +6 pts.

o  Upgrade one Guardian to Icon Bearer for +12 pts.

o  Promote one Guardian to Hand of Hashut for +12 pts.

o  Any Tauros Guard unit may be given a magical banner worth up to 50 pts.

Special Rules: Hashut’s Chosen, Fear.

Hashut’s Chosen:  

As reward for their arduous years of study and prayer, the mighty god Hashut delivers his favoured ones with the unholy strength to exact vengeance upon their enemies with their final blow.

If killed in Close Combat (unless by a Killing Blow), the model will make their base number of attacks again (at Strength 4) before being removed as a casualty.

I was also considering giving them Magic Resistance (1), but would that be too much?

This would be a real shock troop, the equivalent of really hard heavy cavalry.

GRNDL:

So, they are a kind of minotaur dwarf? Or bred from Taurus stock, perhaps infused with daemons?

Merchant:

What do you think of this as a rare choice (on 20mm bases):

Fluffwise they have atrophied wings, so they are not fully capable of flying, but can leap quite far (hence the M7).

Tauros Guard .................... Points/ model: 19
.                      M WS BS S T W I A LdGuardian           7   4   3  4 4 1 2 2 9Hand of Hashut  7   4    3  4 4 1 2 3 9 
Unit Size: 10+

Equipment: Hand weapon, great weapon and heavy armour

Options:
o Any unit may additionally have shields for +1 pt/ model
o Upgrade one Guardian to Musician for +6 pts.
o Upgrade one Guardian to Icon Bearer for +12 pts.
o Promote one Guardian to Hand of Hashut for +12 pts.
o Any Tauros Guard unit may be given a magical banner worth up to 50 pts.

Special Rules: Hashut's Chosen, Fear.

Hashut's Chosen:
As reward for their arduous years of study and prayer, the mighty god Hashut delivers his favoured ones with the unholy strength to exact vengeance upon their enemies with their final blow.
If killed in Close Combat (unless by a Killing Blow), the model will make their base number of attacks again (at Strength 4) before being removed as a casualty.

I was also considering giving them Magic Resistance (1), but would that be too much?

This would be a real shock troop, the equivalent of really hard heavy cavalry.

Grimstonefire
Well I was thinking about something like:
The Horn of Hashut or The Tarous Horn:
Which when sounds, will automatic ralley all CDs' within' 16¨ of the regiment.

other then that - the idea about some leaping CDs are cool
cheers :cheers

Grimstonefire:

So, they are a kind of minotaur dwarf? Or bred from Taurus stock, perhaps infused with daemons?

GRNDL
They have a regular scale CD upper body, but they have large muscles on their shoulders and horns (not part of a helmet).  The lower legs are hairy, and with the double ankle/ hooves of bulls.  Plus the wings.

They are not bred, they just appear from the Mountains of Mourn.  Much the same way as Bull Centaurs do I guess.

@Merchant
That sounds more like a magic item?

asheira:

I MADE ONE!!!

Its on a 25 mm base though…

I used a beatsman lover body and a dwarf upper body someone gave me and i used a dwarf head, with the horns off a chaos warrior helmet.

(lucky i had those spare parts)

but i droped it and i have to glue it again

GRNDL:

@Grimstonefire

I sort of meant as far as the fluff goes. I can see what it is visually, I’m just wondering how it fits in with things.

Xander:

You should include your test model in this thread as well grim, despite the fact it lacks wings.

Cool stuff though. Interesting concept.

Grimstonefire:

Here was a concept model:

Though he would need some horns, a mask and some wings. I actually prefer the latest bit of art I did, this model doesn’t really look like it could cause fear.

asheira:

Though he would need some horns, a mask and some wings.  I actually prefer the latest bit of art I did, this model doesn't really look like it could cause fear.

Grimstonefire
I don't know, Its pretty scarry looking.

post a painted picture when you can

Xander:

Maybe they make some kind of shriek noise that causes fear. :wink:

Grimstonefire:

“Biiiiiggg Haaaatttss”  That would cause fear, at least in GW anyway :wink:

Vexxus:

Movement 7 for CD army? Dreamy!

ashur:

Those are the ones who replace the bull centaurs ?

Grimstonefire:

Yes. Sneaky I know, but I wanted to get feedback on them as a seperate concept, without clouding the issue by replacing BC.