[Archive] Taurus or Lammasu?

Bloodfire:

Hey, im busy writing a 2k army list for my fledgling Chaos Dwarf army and a thought just occurred to me. Ive always wanted a flying lord in an army (i haven’t got one for my dark elf army) due the fact that i can have a lord on a flying mount and still have a general on foot (instead of sending the general flying way out of his leadership ‘bubble’). So ive got a question to ask, should i have a lammasu or a Taurus in my 2000 point army. I’ll be mostly fighting against Wood Elves, Bretonians, Chaos, Dark Elves and Orcs and Gobbos. Oh yeah and possibly a sudden influx of high elf armys. So which one would you recommend?

Willmark:

Haven’t tried out either just yet but my gut feeling is Taurus. Breathing fire is cool, so is terror. And of yeah you can suitable tool up the Lord on the back for kicking the crap out of opponents on the fly as it were.

Canix:

Yes lammasu is not really worth points although saying that in 2000 i take BC lord but the taurus is cool scares and burns your opponents(Whereas sorc spells can be countered)The Cd lord can be a gem just use terrain well for stealth attacks:hat

Servant of Chaos:

I say taurus lord, give him black hammer of hashut and watch those pesky wood elf treemen fall like you own a lumberjacking company. Besides that I think that the lammasu isn’t worth it’s points for what it can do.

Theory_Man:

I say that the final choice rests in whether you have a chaos dwarf lord leading your army or a sorcerer lord leading your army. Do you have a preference in that regards?

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I think the consensus during the past Taurus vs Lammasu discussion threads was that the Lammasu is only worthwile as a modelling project, but not worth its points based on the current edition’s rules.

Willmark:

I think the consensus during the past Taurus vs Lammasu discussion threads was that the Lammasu is only worthwile as a modelling project, but not worth its points based on the current edition's rules.

Ishkur Cinderhat
Which is sad. The Lammasu has great fluff; terrible rules.

Uzkul Werit:

I favour a Bull Centaur character over the two. He’s cheaper and while he loses Terror and the breath attack, when he does die you’re not losing both your main attacking unit and a Lord. Plus he can hide in units and use that 16 inch charge to jump out.

Willmark:

True, but every once and a while it is majorly fun to plunk down the bad ass models of the army and go on a rampage destroyoing everything in site!