[Archive] Terminator Genisys

Grimstonefire:

So has anyone seen this?

I’m fairly switched on when it comes to time travel changing storylines etc, but I’m really confused about this film. Not quite Matrix level of confusion, but it’s not an easy one to understand imo.

Xander:

I haven’t seen it yet, but I plan to!

Bloodbeard:

Better get around to seeing Judgement Day then.

Grimstonefire:

You can skip T3 and T4 as they are alt reality now. Just T1 and T2 will do. Infact watching the others will only confuse things!

Dînadan:

You can skip T3 and T4 as they are alt reality now.  Just T1 and T2 will do.  Infact watching the others will only confuse things!

Grimstonefire
But if you're not confused you're not getting the full time travel experience :P

Alternatively, binge watch as many Doctor Who eps as possible and immunise yourself to time travel induced confusion :P

Doombeard:

its a mess, its not a sequel its a fanboy remake of the originals. I know a bunch of guys who worked on it and it was hell.

BABIS:

watched yesterday, kinda liked it! but yes, there’s a lot of continuity confusion…

Fuggit Khan:

watched yesterday, kinda liked it! but yes, there's a lot of continuity confusion..

BABIS
I liked it too (although at times I rolled my eyes), and yes! Lots of continuity problems.
I wish they had cgi'd Bill Paxton back into the (remade) original scene with the punk rockers though :)
And they never answered who sent Pops back in time...to be answered in a sequel? Or another hole in the story?

BABIS:

And they never answered who sent Pops back in time...to be answered in a sequel? Or another hole in the story?

Fuggit Khan
I guess they left some material for sequels (like the "hidden" ending)..
about who sent the old T-800, I've read some conjectures in which they say that actually Skynet sent the terminator to create this new timeline..

I really liked the beginning in which you fully understand how Kyle and the T-800 were sent in the first movie..

Threadbare:

Fan trailer pretty much sums it up

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe2Agl3bJAc

Fuggit Khan:

Fan trailer pretty much sums it up

www.youtube.com/watch?v=oe2Agl3bJAc

Threadbare
That's great! More enjoyable than the actual movie :cheers