[Archive] Tharzhul Firehelm's Chaos Dwarfs 1/11/2008 Update

Tharzhul Firehelm:

Hey Guys

I thought it would be about time for me to start my army blog. I decided to, like most, convert the BFSP dwarfs into CD’s. in relation to theme i am thinking about creating a treasure obsessed mining army using miners as a special warriors unit and carts as regiment fillers having hobgoblins dragging them along. I am thinking about the name Treasure Seekers but if anyone has a better name feel free to share it.

Honestly i wasn’t happy with using helmets but i couldn’t blend the beards with the face to my satisfaction so i ended up using Chaos warrior helmets, removing the horns. I used stuff form both the Chaos Warrior and Marauder Sprue to help complete my conversions.

I have used green stuff before but just to fill gaps, nothing like this.

This is the front rank of a warrior unit and my first 5.

Front View

Before i start painting them i would like all of your opinions about things i could improve on, your comments and criticisms are greatly appreciated.

If you have any questions, just ask :slight_smile:

Cheers

TF :hat off

Kera foehunter:

the beards look good !! but we need to help with your head gear!

i like your guys !!

! what about hood over there helmets ??

or maybe one horn on the front!

what a bout a scarf like rap around the lower hermet below the eye to give a mysterious look

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull:

Hello,

great looking models, I think that I will make my chaos dwarves similiar to yours. Now get them painted.

Greetz

Tharzhul Firehelm:

Hey Guys

Just a quick update, after reconsidering the look of the models i decided to add a clothing wrap thing to the helmets. Let me know what you think of the change.

Thanks in advance

TF

GRNDL:

Yeah, these look great! The wraps about the heads help a ton and make them look more chaos dwarfy in my opinion. It corrects the thin head/large body problem of using chaos knight heads. The problem is - are they Helms or Masks with both? Hheheh

Hasks? Melms?

Tharzhul Firehelm:

Hmmm…Melms sounds good to me :slight_smile:

zsoulless:

Well Its Only my opinion, But I think the Heads kinda just look Tacked on ATM… I think you should really consider notching out the back of your helms so they sit lower on your Bodies…

Dwarfs Just dont have Necks… what can I say…

Im a little late I know…

:cheers

~Z

Tharzhul Firehelm:

Now that i look at it zsoulless i know what you mean. I’m a bit far into these guys to do anything without completely redoing everything which i may have to do because if i lower the heads on the other guys these ones will stick out like a sore thumb. Problem #1

Tharzhul Firehelm:

After doing some research, i have concluded that instead of sculpting my CD’s from the BFSP dwarfs i am going to construct my army from the 3rd edition and marauder chaos dwarf models. Granted this will take a lot longer and be more expensive but i think it will be worth it.

I would like to thank the people that commented on my short lived blog, once i begin collecting the models i will start a new one, hopefully it will be in the not to distant future.

Now to start…

TF

Kera foehunter:

well go luck on your new quest!! i wish i had a 3rd add.cd to give you !!

but im one of the new style cd person!

anyway let the quest begin!!

Tharzhul Firehelm:

Thanks Kera, its going to be a long process but im sure i am going to enjoy it :slight_smile:

Willmark:

Hmmm links not working…

Ghrask Dragh:

I did exactly the same, I’m all for every form of Chaos Dwarf that are out there and started wanting to collect an army of big hats but soon enough I discovered Marauder and that was the end of that :smiley:

Good Luck with your Quest, off the top of my head I know Vintagefreak (obviously:)), clam, Pyro and myself have completed the marauder collection (wallacer has loads of old school stuff, he probably has as well but I’m not sure) sorry if I missed anyone out, it’s definitely a cool collection to have! :cheers