[Archive] That such new Smilies?

Kera foehunter:

2 head is right they be cool if they where bigger

snowblizz:

ok then, make them bigger so us old farts can tell what the heck those nuances are you cotton pickin' whipper shnapper..

HOnestly, for all the work that goes into them the detail is lost in all the small pics.. unless of course you have your moniter setting on 600X800 or something..  lol..  maybe I am too:s

or is there a way to show what the text of the smiley is when you mouse over..  like grin, frown, stupid face.. etc... lol

two_heads_talking
Actually, you CAN mouse over them. I just tried for the heck if it and it worked. :o They are images and with the appropriate "alt text" it will be explained. I didn't know:  :s was supposed to be a sorceror.

Bigger images, it can be done, but it would unfortunately brake up the text. There's a reason why they are about the size of the text used, they are after all just replacements for characters.
Also, strangely enough, it will get more difficult to make them larger. At least I would expect that. Yes, really. Because a larger image needs to be more detailed it will eventually require actual drawing skill.

You make a good point though. They seem to work for me at 1280x1024 but I'm still young and have good eyesight. :P Well when I wear my glasses... It might get hard to see on the newer widescreen LCD displays, I haven't tried that. Have one at "work".

This isn't a problem unique to us though. I'm reminded of other forums that have race appropriate smileys. I've looked at the warpath (or where ever it was, orcs though) and they can be hard to interpret as well. In fact making them more detailed runs the risk of making them more obscure. We are at the limits of what I can do just modifying the existing ones. I don't have the skills to make new ones from scratch.

All I'm saying is I'm doing this for the heck of it. Don't expect any miracles to come out of it.

Kera foehunter:

AH!!! Snowblizz * Kera give Snowblizz a hug and rub his back!!

it ok

Henroth:

snowblizz
Nice Smilies of Hobgoblins... i like. Can to include ?