[Archive] The 2008 CDO Community Awards! - Nominate Now(1)

Xander:

Another fantastic year into the record books. In that time we’ve more than doubled the number of the posts on the forum! We have about 70,000 posts now and nearly 1200 members! To top that off, we just surpassed 2.5 million page views! This past month was our most successful month ever in terms of traffic to the site! We had 179,564 page views! That’s more than 30,000 views more than the nest best month!

I am also very pleased to see so many new faces on the forum these days taking up the mantle of the Chaos Dwarfs! If I didn’t get a chance to welcome you to the site in the welcome thread, let me say it again here: Welcome to the site! Our “grassroots” movement to advance the Chaos Dwarfs’ interest has been most successful, and we are looking forward to what the collective contributions of all members will produce in 2009!

But before we advance into our future endeavours, let us give thanks and recognition to all those people who people who made us proud in 2008! 5 Medals are to be awarded, just like last year. These medals recognize outstanding achievement for the year of 2008 with respect to the Chaos Dwarf community. You are requested to nominate one person and their achievement for each category.

Entries must include 5 nominations, one for each category. Entries that do not nominate a member for all 5 categories will be disregarded. I also strongly encourage that you supply the reason for your nominations as in the example below. If you can’t think of who to nominate for a category, do some research. If you don’t know who the best general should be, take a look at the Gaming section of the forum. Who’s been posting battle reports, tactic and helping others with army lists? These should help you come up with a nominee.

The categories are:

Best Attitude - A member should be nominated on their forum presence and behaviour toward other members, displaying exemplary attitudes of kindness and encouragement.

Best General - This member is always ready to give advice on army lists, has very good lists of his own, and perhaps has won a tournament or two using his Chaos Dwarf army.

Best Hobbyist - A nominee for this award has contributed an amazing model, or models that exemplifies what a Chaos Dwarf army should look like: flawless execution of conversion and painting while adhering to the Chaos Dwarf mythos.

Best Contributor - This award will go the member that has contributed most to the cause of the Chaos Dwarfs. He or she has done or made something that has profoundly benefited the presence of Chaos Dwarfs as a whole!

Best Overall Member - This member may not be the best hobbyist, might not ever win a tournament, but he or she has a great presence on the site, the forum, the wiki, the chat and whatever else! They are dedicated to the cause of the Chaos Dwarfs!

Nominations should be phrased like this:

Award Name - Member Name - The contribution that should be recognized.

Examples:

Best Attitude - CheeseMan - For his/her excellent contributions to the forum games!

Best General - LordOfLava - for her/his excellent 2250 point list that isn’t too beardy. (Hyper Link, if applicable)

Best Hobbyist - Rupert - For the most excellently crafted Bull Centaurs I have ever seen. (Hyper Link, if applicable)

Best Contributor - TempleTower - For his excellent guide to converting Sneaky Gits. (Hyper Link, if applicable)

Best Overall Member - Dwarf of Evil - The most positive, active, creative, driven, exciting person on the forums, when they speak, I want to listen!

PM your nominations to our new member called Staff, which every staff member has access to. The Nominations will be tallied, and the top 3 members for each category will become official nominees. The 15 Nominees’ names will then be prepared in a poll for all to vote on beginning February 15th.

An important note! The Staff CAN be nominated, HOWEVER, they must not be nominated for their staff-related duties. For example, Willmark could be nominated for his work on the Webzine, but not for being excellent at moderating the forums. This way we are all on fair ground. We are dealing with what we offer the forum as members, not as staffers.

If you have any questions, just ask! Send your nominations in as soon as you can!

Cheers, :cheers

-Xander

Willmark:

A phenomenal year everyone congrats and please make sure you get your nominations in on time.

Zanko:

Congratulations to the stuff for the brilliant performance/work! :hat off

Even from an almost rookie like me …:slight_smile:

Keep it up! :cheers

:hashut

Pyro Stick:

This is going to be hard as there has been so many new members that have joined this year.

Time of Madness:

Congrats on the great year!

Time of Madness

Swissdictator:

I’ll get to work on a list, I think I have a couple in mind… but the rest of the awards will be hard!

Sojourn:

damn, where’s the best shoe collection category!? :frowning: awwwwwww

I can’t wait to research who has been the nicest to me… I mean, contributed to CDO the most in each way this past year. :wink: I agree, this is a tough one, with so many new, active members! So they’re due in by Feb 14? or Feb 15, when the poll will be set up? :slight_smile:

Hashut’s Blessing:

Just to add to Mr. Xander: this is only for February 2008 to February 2009, not anything before that point in time. Please remember this (look at post dates if necessary).

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

I’m going to ruin this

I can’t think about that many people at the same time I can’t multi-task :stuck_out_tongue:

Swissdictator:

Godbod: I know your pain… I’ve got a little piece of paper with the categories of awards. I’m jotting down notes for a few people I think deserve a medal. It’s hard to decide, there are a lot of good people… which says something to the quality of the site. :slight_smile:

It helps a lot, I need to use the paper otherwise I’ll go nuts… or perhaps nuttier I should say. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hashut’s Blessing:

It’s always a good sign when people are saying it;s difficult to choose because of the good work ^^

Ghrask Dragh:

It has been a great year for new talents, the site is growing and growing, this will be tough…

GRNDL:

I’m just going to pick names at random and see what happens. By some strange coincidence, they’re all going to end up being my name, but try to look past that…

Ubertechie:

From a personal point of view having had a tough start to last year that meant i wasn’t around much here it was great to come back and just be able to pick up with people where i left off. Also really great to see things had been progressed and was blown away to see my stuff on blunderbusses in WOH.

Willmark:

Also really great to see things had been progressed and was blown away to see my stuff on blunderbusses in WOH.

Ubertechie
It was well earned.

Kera foehunter:

great job you guys and ladies It a tough pick

Xander:

Time to set aside some time and get those nominatiosn in, everyone! :slight_smile:

I know it takes a bit of work, but come on! Time to recognise the folks who have been helping you out! :slight_smile:

AGPO:

Also really great to see things had been progressed and was blown away to see my stuff on blunderbusses in WOH.

Ubertechie
Pun intended or not :)

Kera foehunter:

mine in !!!i voted

Willmark:

The 15th is fast approaching everyone make sure you get your nominations in on time.