[Archive] The Beatles or Elvis

two_heads_talking:

I’ve never claimed to be cool, Kera. In fact I am ok with me who I am…

Kera foehunter:

lol but lets here from the other head !! the one that’s a party animal!!!

that you keep quite!!

slev:

well i see you guy will not make the coolness curv!!
  since you can't pick eather

Kera foehunter
Exactly. My coolness is off the chart. I'm plotting to try & convince my band we should cover "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash right now.

two_heads_talking:

Kera foehunter
Exactly. My coolness is off the chart. I'm plotting to try & convince  my band we should cover "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash right now.

slev
Are you doing the cover 'old school' or are you going to modernize it? I'd suggest doing "Walk the Line" as well, that's another classic that has managed to span the generations.

Xander:

The Beatles. And I look forward to the Rock Band Beatles game to likely be released this year.

two_heads_talking:

The Beatles.  And I look forward to the Rock Band Beatles game to likely be released this year.

Xander
Has that been officially announced? The last I heard, that was just internet scuttlebutt.

slev:

Kera foehunter
Exactly. My coolness is off the chart. I'm plotting to try & convince  my band we should cover "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash right now.

slev
Are you doing the cover 'old school' or are you going to modernize it?  I'd suggest doing "Walk the Line" as well, that's another classic that has managed to span the generations.

two_heads_talking
Well, we'd have to change it somewhat to make it work with a six-piece prog metal line-up, but I want to be mostly true to the original if we do it. It would be more akin to Voivod's cover of Scarborough Fair by Simon & Garfunkle, than say Nevermore's cover of The Sound of Silence by Simon & Garfunkle.

Filipicusius:

I enjoy both, but i am a beatles fan.