[Archive] The Black Dwarf(2)

Father Grumpmas:

no wories mate, I only came here for info but I think I may stay a bit :)  Try to convert some o ya !!!

Perv
Just for that I am going to do a Dwarf army all with CD figures :hat off
That way I can at least use my old crossbow men :cheers

Perv:

lol cant wait for pics. One Day I’ll take a pic of all my Dwarfs and Chaos Dwarfs in one shot. That way if I ever lose them I have something to look at and cry :slight_smile:

Willmark:

Unlikely. Hashut be praised in his… ummm… “bullness” :wink:

GRNDL:

no wories mate, I only came here for info but I think I may stay a bit :) Try to convert some o ya !!!

Perv
I think the average CD collector/player/modeller/fan is a lot more stalwart in his/her dedication to CD than the average dwarf player. It takes a lot to be attracted to an army/race/line of models that is almost discontinued by its maker, disenfranchised from the rules, reviled by other participants in the hobby yet continue to support the cause.

In fact, I would wager that prolonged exposure to CD's result in a fascination with them, and a higher conversion rate of regular dwarf fan to CD fan. Of course, I have no statistics to back this up, but I do know one or two people that are swaying to the dark side. :)

Perv:

I’m not sure about that. Seems to me people go for the Dwarf race as it reflects their personalty in some way. They usualy have a strong sense of honour and their word means a lot to them. I know lots of Dwarf collectors and have traded with many but never had a bad deal or been ripped off. Is this the same throughout all the races I wonder? Or have I just been lucky? That being the case I cant see many true Dwarf fans converting, I suppose it works in the same way with CD’s as I think you need a stubborn streek in you to be a fan of either.:slight_smile:

Bob says The Black Dwarf is a Kev Adams sculpt but he will ask him the next time he sees him

Kera foehunter:

So Perv there a side of you that just don’t want to be a mere dwarf player. Muuhahaha .

The turn is complete

Perv:

lol I am good at heart !!! I will not succumb to chaos !!! Well maybe now and then… :slight_smile:

Willmark:

I'm not sure about that.  Seems to me people go for the Dwarf race as it reflects their personalty in some way.  They usualy have a strong sense of honour and their word means a lot to them.  I know lots of Dwarf collectors and have traded with many but never had a bad deal or been ripped off. Is this the same throughout all the races I wonder?  Or have I just been lucky?  That being the case I cant see many true Dwarf fans converting, I suppose it works in the same way with CD's as I think you need a stubborn streek in you to be a fan of either.:)

Perv
Could be. Go to ulthuan.net and I defy you to tell me that you couldn't tell those guys play high elves. I have a massive high elf army. I like the army. The players of said army... Meh.