[Archive] The Black Host of Lord Zhurduz

cornixt:

The colour scheme for your hats is the same as for my big hat models. I found it so much quicker to paint and much more forgiving of mistakes! Your army looks good.

clam:

At first I found the scheme a little to Kislev (for my liking) with all that red and light bule, but the close ups do them justice. They look very nice indeed H. especially the Skullz and Arrerz. Keep up the good work :hat off

Xander:

Nice stuff man! I like what I see, how many points have you amassed?

Thommy H:

Nice stuff man! I like what I see, how many points have you amassed?

Xander
It's currently at about 1500, depending on magic items and so on. With the hellcannon/earthashaker that should arrive any day now (*fingers crossed*) that pushes me up to 1600ish and then it'll take some wolf riders and blunderbusses to complete the 2000 points I actually need to use them all in a game.

My last game (which occured before I had the blunderbusses and banners) was fun, but I was hoping no one would much care that it wasn't 100% legal, but the group I was with play by strict rules (we were rolling for terrain and everything - something I've never done before) so I had to leave Zhurduz at home and draft in some proxies from their collection. Goblin bowmen as blunderbusses :sick

My disdain for unpainted or proxied figures is the reason I'm so desperate to get them up to 2000 points right now.

Thommy H:

I’ve now updated the post with the individual unit pictures with the based versions. I tried to get some close-ups of the bases, with varying degrees of success. Here’s some of the less questionable shots:

Zhurduz’s base. Very out of focus, but you get the idea.

A close-up of Hzarkh.

More blurry pictures. These are the bases of the blunderbusses. Two guys in the front rank (including the standard) have lave, and one guy at the rear.

Grimskull’s lava. Bad picture yadda yadda.

Annoyingly, all the pictures of the Bull Centaurs’ bases are even worse than those. It’s a shame, because they’re the only unit who all get a bit of lava, and the flows all fit together in the way I rank them up, so you get a river flowing from one side to end at the champion and then starting again on his base to end up at the other end.

Kyte:

Not a fan of the round mase, byt your army looks really nice apart from that.

Thanks

- Kyte

Xander:

Medal awarded! Get some clearer pics please! Especially of the BBs!

Thommy H:

Medal awarded! Get some clearer pics please! Especially of the BBs!

Xander
Woo! Thank you! I'll try to get some more pictures of the bases. My hands are apparently really shaky, and I'm using the super-macro setting to get these pics, so even the slightest jolt makes the picture a blurred mess. Usually I set the camera up on a couple of books and use a remote control, but with the angles I need to get those shots I had nothing to set the camera on.

Sigose:

Gratz man and I like the army mostlly I don’t really like any dwarf faces in the game so I much prefer somthing more evil and disturbing yaknow.

But still you make these guys kickass I will say that! :cheers

Xander:

You should buy a small camera tripod.

I have one that has like, 8 inch legs. :slight_smile:

Thommy H:

I saw a nice little stand thing on a website that has little bendy legs that you can hook around things, so you can position the cameras at odd angles and such. I may invest in one.

cornixt:

A cheapo option is to use a beanbag, or a sock filled with beans/rice.

Xander:

Not a bad plan cornixt! Good tip.

Thommy H:

A cheapo option is to use a beanbag, or a sock filled with beans/rice.

cornixt
So how would that work for shots from above and at an angle which showcase the bases? That's what I'm having problems with.

cornixt:

You can put the bag on a stack of books or something. It only works up to a certain limit though so you’d have to angle the model itself to get those sorts of angle. Not perfect, but ti kinda works.

Tallhat:

How come you say that Blunderbusses are hard to come by? They are available from GW Online store.

- Tallhat

Canix:

The blue lightning and colourscheme looks great really nice shade of blue steellike, better luck in your’e next games

TheVoice:

For whoever mentioned the sorceror back banner, I believe its made from two of one of the bannerpoles that came with the Morglum Necksnapper model, and are (or were) avaliable separately from the online store (the other one is a generic skull). I used the same for my converted BC BSB.

Thommy H:

No, it’s just the Sorcerer’s standard back banner that came with all the Chaos Dwarf character figures.

This is the updated thread for this army, btw.