[Archive] The Bronze warriors of Uzkulag [11-12-29 warriors, bases and trolls]

Dhark:

Hi everybody,

As a long time lurker here in CDO-forums I want to share my ideas of the degenerated and evil dwarf of the wastelands.

I always liked the idea of the chaos dwarfs, but I never liked their orc-like teeth and their silly looking bottom lip. Not to mention their strange nose�?� But then I found the Moscals of Scibor and I fell in love with them.

Now I am working on a 1000 points army with the rules of the indy gt armybook. I post the list in the future when I am sure what to use.

Right now I am working on:

-2 Slavemasters/Overlords

-1 Demonsmith/Sorcerer

-20 CD Warriors

-10 Annihilators

-1 Hobgoblin Overseer

-20 Hobgoblins

-20 Hobgoblin Stikkas

-10 Wolfriders

-5 Bull centaurs

And here is what I got so far done:

My Overlord

My first two Warriors and one Annihilator

Here is what the dwarfs are based on :smiley:

This is the second Overlord. I call him �?~Hashuts blessed�?T cause he is way more bigger then his Chaos dwarf heelers. It was my first try to sculpt a CD beard.

For my Hobgoblins wanted to have the look of an enslaved Arabic Goblin tribe, because I don�?Tt like the look of the Mongolic Hobgoblins and I wanted something fresh for my Hobgoblins. Another advantage of this way is that I can use my Hobgoblins for an Arabic Goblin army without the Chaos Dwarfs, when I want to. Here they are:

I tried to sculpt them a turban and gave them new spears and shields

The soon-to-be-done first 20 Hobgoblins with spears

I hope you like my first attempts of making a Chaos Dwarf Army. I will post regularly the progress of this army. I guess the next progress will be with the Hobgoblins, but we�?Tll see�?�

Let me know what you think

Thanks for your attention

Dhark

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

Baggronor:

Nice :slight_smile: I would say maybe an extra highlight on the bronze could help to bling them up a bit, but they’re looking pretty cool.

The Arabic Hobgoblins are awesome, who’d have thought that theme would fit :cheers

Where is the second Overlord model from? Not seen him before, would make a nice addition to my (sadly virtually defunct) WoC.

tjub:

Agree with Baggronor, your Hobbos are really cool! Nice to see someone giving Scibors dwarfs a try aswell, looking forward to see more of your work… :slight_smile:

Zanko:

Great start! :hat off

Like the others always mentioned - the Arabic Hobgoblins are ace! :cheers

I’m also eager to see the Moscals in a big unit!

:hashut

warh:

the hobgobs are very cool,

coment on the paint job is like baggronor said try to highlight some more but not only on the bronze

Nicodemus:

Looking great so far. Can’t wait to see more of your collection of Chaos Dwarfs.

Da Crusha:

the first moscal army here at cdo! are you going to have entire units of moscals? interesting choice for the second overlord, I havent seen him in too many armies. Im looking forward to seeing how this army comes out. keep up the good work.

Baggroner: he is an enigma miniature

Dhark:

Hey everybody,

I really appreciate for your kind words and your criticism. It helps staying motivated and focused on one project.

Nice :slight_smile: I would say maybe an extra highlight on the bronze could help to bling them up a bit, but they’re looking pretty cool�?�

Baggronor
Thank you. The camera and the varnish take a bit of the highlights but I guess you are right the Dwarfs could need some extra highlights. I try to improve it.
And as already mentioned the Overlord is from the Spanish producer Enigma.
the first moscal army here at cdo! are you going to have entire units of moscals? interesting choice for the second overlord, I havent seen him in too many armies…

Da Crusha
I want to do 2 entire units out of Scibors Moscals. There will be 20 Warriors and 10 Annihilators. In an email Scibor told me he will be releasing a musician and a standard bearer so there is no problem of building an entire unit of Moscals. I hope I don�?Tt have to wait much longer :smiley:
And the Overlord seems even to me an ‘interesting choice’ :wink: He is nearly the double size of a common Dwarf. Don�?Tt get me wrong, I love the miniature but I am a bit afraid of him looking silly in a Chaos Dwarf unit.

I managed to finish the sculpting on my first unit of Hobgoblins. I already started painting on the first 10 of them.

The Movement tray isn�?Tt my finished choice. I�?Tm planning to magnetize the whole army with this system of a German shop.

Thanks for your attention and your posts :wink:
Praise Hashut :hashut

Dhark

Hashut’s Blessing:

Looking very good. Loving the range of minaitures (a little from here, some from there, a few from these guys, lol :smiley: ).

I see that your hobgoblins appear to have been inspire by al-hashut? Even to the paint-scheme, which is similar to Xander’s hobgoblins :smiley: I like the change of shields (you want to disasociate them from the bad moon tribe, after all :smiley: ) as well.

Regarding an extra highlight, I don’t know if the scibor miniatures do need one, but the first Overlord (the AoW Dwarf Lord of Chaos) could do with one. He seems too dark and it makes him appear more dull than his. Looks excellent, just a fine highlight will really help him to stand out fromt he crowd and be as impressive as you want him to be!

Da Crusha:

I want to do 2 entire units out of Scibors Moscals. There will be 20 Warriors and 10 Annihilators.

Dhark
I would go for 25 warriors and 15 annihilators just for more effectiveness on the battlefield. 25 warriors makes a better bunker and 15 annihilators is S5 instead of S4.

Loki:

Great work on every thing, the hob goblins work really well, keep up the good work :slight_smile:

Dhark:

Hi everybody,

Looking very good. Loving the range of minaitures (a little from here, some from there, a few from these guys, lol :smiley: ).

I see that your hobgoblins appear to have been inspire by al-hashut? Even to the paint-scheme, which is similar to Xander’s hobgoblins :smiley: I like the change of shields (you want to disasociate them from the bad moon tribe, after all :smiley: ) as well�?�

Hashut’s Blessing
Thank you :wink:
In fact I couldn�?Tt remember thinking about al-hashuts hobgoblins when I created my Arabic hobgoblin tribe, but I guess they were deep in my mind and that mean I�?Tve stolen the idea. :frowning: Then thanks to al-hashut :smiley:
The hobgoblin paint scheme isn�?Tt finish yet. More of it later.
I would go for 25 warriors and 15 annihilators just for more effectiveness on the battlefield. 25 warriors makes a better bunker and 15 annihilators is S5 instead of S4.

Da Crusha
You are right, but I don�?Tt want to set my goals to high so I could never reach them. To keep me motivated I try to make small units. When I finished them it is easy to extend them. :wink:

I finished my second Overlord and I have to admit I�?Tm really proud of him :smiley: He looks like an big mutated evil dwarf, just as I want him to look like. Here he is:

I hope you like him.

Next will be my sorcerer and 2 warriors when I finished their paining.

Have a nice weekend

Dhark

Kawazu:

Great stuff, the arabic hobbos are perfect :hat off

Bassman:

Great bronze effect. How did you get it?

I love the tall overlord. He looks really mean as every dwarf shall be! I’d just chopped its chest a little bit, just to get the proper proportions…

Da Crusha:

very cool looking overlord! he is BIG isnt he? can you give us a side by side shot of him next to your other overlord?

The Stormchild:

Nice paint job.

Can’t wait to see the rest of the CDs.

Dhark:

Hi everyone,

It was quite in here, but I wasn�?Tt lazy. I finished the painting on my sorcerer and I am quite proud of him.

I hope you like him.

Aaaand, Look what the mailman brought straight from the English colonies!

Shiny new Bull centaurs! I converted them and now they are waiting for Green Stuff to be painted after. I hope you can see the small Hashut symbols an the Axes. They will look ace when they are painted, I guess.

My Chaos dwarf army is constantly growing�?�

Thanks for reading and commenting :hat off

Dhark :hashut

tjub:

I really like those bull centaurs. Dynamic poses, great work! :slight_smile:

Nazhur:

Love all your minaitures. Intersting to see someone use the miniatures from Scibor. I tihnk they are very well done. So good work.

Btw perhaps a beard on the sorcerer?

Shakhorth:

Nice, very nice. Love to see those Scibor guys.

And those bull centaurs look very menacing.

Can’t wait to see those painted. :slight_smile: