[Archive] The Chaos Dwarfs only have one god?

Henroth:

The Chaos Dwarfs be a religion monotheism or CD’s have more gods, or saints ?

The dwarfs have several gods: Grimmnir, Grungni, Valaya… every weaks of course, but the dwarfs have more gods and this is unfair.

:hashut

Filipicusius:

Hashut is all the god we need. He can take all of the weakling gods with one hand tied behind his back!

wallacer:

The CD may only worship one God now, but in the old Realms of Chaos books there were CDs in warbands that followed other deities.

Hrothgar Goldgreed:

Yep, I also remembered the books Wallacer mentioned. It just seems very odd no Chaos Dwarf would follow the path of one of the four major chaos gods …

wallacer:

Yep, I also remembered the books Wallacer mentioned. It just seems very odd no Chaos Dwarf would follow the path of one of the four major chaos gods ...

Hrothgar Goldgreed
In reality they probably do, but only in such small numbers that it's hardly worth mentioning.

Henroth:

OK, then the CD’s have only a god, Hashut. :hashut

Better have a powerful god that several weaks gods.

Kera foehunter:

They even have one goddress!!! me !

Mikel2495:

I’m moving along very slowly with my Chaos Dwarfs, but I’ve been using up many of my CSM bitz and warping the Dwarfs of Zharr Naggrund to the path of Chaos Undivided.

I’ve copped a bit for betraying Hashut, but I reckon that the Chaos Dwarfs would fit with the four major Gods.

Back to the point, I’m rather disappointed that the Chaos Dwarfs only follw Hashut, it would be far more diverse if they followed Tzeentch.

thinks about pile of Chaos Spawn bits

Grimstonefire:

Of course an interesting twist on the usual religious idea would be if Hashut has chosen the CD to follow him/it, rather than the other way around (normally people are free to choose a god, rather than having a god choose them).  So those that are not followers of Hashut it’s because he has forsaken them.  In their misery/anger they turn to other gods.

Plays on the ideas of free will and destiny a fair bit.

@Mikel

I have no doubt there would be mutant CD spawn.  Whether there would be enough for an army…?  Certainly would be an interesting theme.  They might believe Hashut has forsaken them.

Taedae:

all we need is one god. no since in having CDs argue over multiple gods and which one is better. we just need one god, that means one religion and one way of doing things.

Swissdictator:

I do think there could be renegade/heretic Chaos Dwarfs running around, many of them in the employ of the Hordes of Chaos.

They might not show signs of their patron’s favor however (Dwarfs being resistant and all that)…

When people field a Dwarf block of DoW in their WoC army I tend to see them convert them to look like Chaos Dwarfs following the God of choice of their army. My friend, Frozen Dark Elf, has Slaanesh Chaos Dwarfs for when he goes to a tournament where one game you get an extra 250 points to add a DoW unit to your list.

I could also see the occasional sorcerer making a pact with Tzeentch for more power or to slow the ‘blessing’ of stone too.

What is really interesting is… do perhaps the slaves turn to the Chaos Gods? Would it be interesting if the slaves could be marked?

wallacer:

Slaanesh Chaos Dwarfs

Swissdictator
Now there's a mental image none of us needed...

WoodenPickles:

could make a neat mini. Those long curly beards becoming long tentacly beards. A crab claw instead of an axe.

Swissdictator:

Well if the Chaos Dwarfs did go to the more traditional Chaos Gods, I suspect undivided would be the most common (thus allowing Hashut to be among the deities they worship.

Tzeentch in cases, as I mentioned above. Though I could see some Khorne worshippers amongst the warriors.

Slaanesh Chaos Dwarfs

Swissdictator
Now there’s a mental image none of us needed…

wallacer
I bring happiness and joy to men, women, and children throughout the land!

Zanko:

IMO Chaos Dwarfs are in many aspects equal to other races …

so there might be different trends of worshipping their god and also the trends to change their god.

When you change your habitat you will get new influences and you also get to know new gods.

Why should the CD´s in other regions hold on Hashut when other races are as (or perhaps) more prosperous then the CD´s are?

:hashut

… hhhmmmm have CD´s an Holy Office (Inquisition)??? That might change something???

Revlid:

I have Hashut as their god to the extent that they might be considered monotheistic, but also having minor deities/spirits/daemons/children of Hashut being worshipped, both as aspects of Hashut and as daemon-gods in their own right.

And so the Father of Darkness did call forth his seven children, and all came forth, from far and near. And he bade them to aid his servants in their task, and all but one did did obey.
And Hanbekt the greatest of them did say “I care not for your servants, I will not serve them”, and for his arrogance Hashut bound him against his will, that his craftsmen might use him to bind as he had been bound.
And each was bound into a rune of power, that his favoured servants might call upon them, for each had inherited an aspect of his power.
Razhekt who is the fiery rock, the burning flame
Molakh who is the dark lurker, the sudden fear
Tazhuk who is the storm of shadow and ash, the endless darkness
Azakku who is the unflinching hatred, the eternal malice
Pazazzu who is the burning forge, maker and unmaker
Bazhalt who is the erupting ruin, the sundered earth
Hanbekt who is the unwilling one, the bound slave
Third Book of Hashut, Verse 3

Each of these is used to power one of the six rune-spells of the Lore of Hashut, with Hanbekt being used to bind daemons to weapons and engines.

Kera foehunter:

Only a fool cd would put there trust in a god !

there is no need for a god each is there own!!

Atheist Pirate rule

Da Crusha:

Slaanesh Chaos Dwarfs

Swissdictator
Now there's a mental image none of us needed...

wallacer
this can be a pretty good slannesh Chaos Dwarf, its a chaos squat

back on topic: I always considered chaos dwarfs to have at least some worshippers of the other gods of chaos, particularly khorne or tzeentch

Border Reiver:

I have Hashut as their god to the extent that they might be considered monotheistic, but also having minor deities/spirits/daemons/children of Hashut being worshipped, both as aspects of Hashut and as daemon-gods in their own right.

And so the Father of Darkness did call forth his seven children, and all came forth, from far and near. And he bade them to aid his servants in their task, and all but one did did obey.
And Hanbekt the greatest of them did say "I care not for your servants, I will not serve them", and for his arrogance Hashut bound him against his will, that his craftsmen might use him to bind as he had been bound.
And each was bound into a rune of power, that his favoured servants might call upon them, for each had inherited an aspect of his power.
Razhekt who is the fiery rock, the burning flame
Molakh who is the dark lurker, the sudden fear
Tazhuk who is the storm of shadow and ash, the endless darkness
Azakku who is the unflinching hatred, the eternal malice
Pazazzu who is the burning forge, maker and unmaker
Bazhalt who is the erupting ruin, the sundered earth
Hanbekt who is the unwilling one, the bound slave
Third Book of Hashut, Verse 3

Each of these is used to power one of the six rune-spells of the Lore of Hashut, with Hanbekt being used to bind daemons to weapons and engines.

Revlid
Nice, very nice. And these rune spells are?

Burna:

Let’s think about this, really. Mortal beings all have free will, so of course some chaos dwarfs will worship other deities, it’s just the way free will works. However, atheism as Kera has suggested, I don’t see how that can be possible in a fantasy universe where you have seen demons materialize in front of you and actually freed the god that you worship(ped) from a mountain chamber. The common argument of Atheism is the lack of physical proof of (G)god, in a fantasy universe this isn’t the case, there’s tons of physical proof, and there’s no way you can say you don’t believe in something that has influenced your race as much as Hashut influenced the chaos dwarfs. Remember, chaos dwarfs aren’t what they are because they did like the humans and said,“Hey, Jim, we’d look alot cooler if we put a buncha spikes on our armor.” they are chaos dwarfs because of the proximity of their god.