[Archive] The Chaos Dwarfs to venerate to the bulls?

Henroth:

If the Chaos Dwarfs to see a bull, they that to do ?

The Chaos Dwarfs to venerate, to ignore, or to sacrifice a bull ?

Is possible that Chaos Dwarfs to see in the bull to the representation physics of Hashut ?

And the last question, The Chaos Dwarfs to breed bulls ?

:hat off

Hashut’s Blessing:

don’t imagine they do much, mayhaps a quick gesture of respect (like making thew sign of the cross in front of emblems of Jesus).

They venerate them. I doubt that they’d sacrifice them, to be honest. hey wouldn’t treat them lke oter races treat cattle though. (My view, anyway.)

think they may see it as being in a vague image of Hashut, but no necessarily a physcal manifestation because that would be a daemon, IMHO.

Quite posiby, but they may be carnivorous due to them being fed only meat as that’s an avaialable commodity (slaves, anyway?).

cornixt:

Historically, a sacrifice is often of the best animal in the herd. The cleanest, healthiest, young and fit. It shows the gods that the sacrifice is indeed worthy of them, and that it is truly a sacrifice and not just the leftovers. Would CDs do it though? I don’t know.

Thommy H:

Chaos Dwarfs sacrifice slaves. I don’t think bulls have any special significance - a god being a particular shape, or favouring a certain form, does not automatically make that animal “sacred” in a religion. Hashut is based on the Semitic and near-eastern bull-gods like Hadad and Teshub. Their followers would almost certainly not have treated the bull as untouchable or itself divine since their survival would have depended on breeding, milking and slaughtering cattle.

jolpis:

have you forgotten what we use as cattle! slaves!, bulls might walk around, but they are no fun killing! slaves on the other hand screams and flees, and it makes odd noises if toasted alive!

dedwrekka:

Lets also remember that sacred animals aren’t always protected just because they’re sacred. In fact, many times it means they’re even closer to death. Cats were sacred to Isis and were sacrificed to her. Bulls were sacred signs of fertility and power, but were sacrificed throughout the Mediterranean to gods of those profiles.

Kera foehunter:

Historically, a sacrifice is often of the best animal in the herd. The cleanest, healthiest, young and fit. It shows the gods that the sacrifice is indeed worthy of them, and that it is truly a sacrifice and not just the leftovers. Would CDs do it though? I don't know.

cornixt
Historically they also sacrifice the oldest son !!!!

Henroth:

Bulls were sacred signs of fertility and power, but were sacrificed throughout the Mediterranean to gods of those profiles.

dedwrekka
Yes, the bull is the symbol of Spain, but not always the bull is sacrificed :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cU0b6jCcR5M&feature=related

Equal that in the Ancient Crete.

I imagine to the slaves or hobgoblins jumping in front of the bulls for fun of the your masters, the Chaos Dwarfs.

:hat off

Grimstonefire:

I imagine that Bulls are treated much as cows are for the Hindus.  Not every Hashutan/ Hashutite/ Hashutian (?) would worship the bull in the same way, but I’m sure they would not sacrifice them.  I would think that would be sacrilege.

It might mean that if a family can find a bull (which would probably be very rare), keep it alive and healthy (unlikely in the plain of zharr), they would probably consider themselves blessed.

The bulls might even be covered in golden armour etc.  To show the wealth of the owners.

A bull run through the tunnels of zharr naggrund, with hundreds of slaves in the way…  That would not be pretty. :slight_smile:

So to answer the first question I imagine they would be cattle rustlers when they’re in foreign lands (they’d steal them).

Hashut’s Blessing:

Bull slavers? :smiley:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Henroth:

It might mean that if a family can find a bull (which would probably be very rare), keep it alive and healthy (unlikely in the plain of zharr), they would probably consider themselves blessed.

The bulls might even be covered in golden armour etc.  To show the wealth of the owners.

A bull run through the tunnels of zharr naggrund, with hundreds of slaves in the way...  That would not be pretty. :)

So to answer the first question I imagine they would be cattle rustlers when they're in foreign lands (they'd steal them).

Grimstonefire
Yes, I like you idea. Bulls care for the slaves. One wealthy family of Chaos Dwarfs to adorn you favorite Bull with gold in the horns and hoofs.

And link repaired. ;)