[Archive] The Chat, Warvault, and Warhammer Toplist

Xander:

As you may have noticed (how can you not?), I have readded the chat feature! It is an IRC chat which connects to the Warvault’s #Albion Channel. This means of course we are connecting with the wider world of Warhammer gamers, and there is nearly always someone to talk to. So be on your best behaviour and represent CDO! Don’t forget to spread the word of Hashut!

Along with this, Warvault is yet again redoing their system! So if we want to get a headstart in voting for our Site, please click this link and help out!

Vote for Us on Warvault!

Also, don’t forget Warhammer Toplist! We have yet to crack the first place mark on this site, so maybe we can strive for that!

Vote for Us on Warhammer Toplist!

So drop by the chat, represent our cause, and vote for us when you get the chance!

Cheers,

-Xander :hat off

Hashut’s Blessing:

I have voted for both and may utitlise the chat at a more appropriate time :wink:

Ronshank:

Done and done though maybe not the chat (don’t have ICQ)

grom:

Done and done though maybe not the chat (don't have ICQ)

Ronshank
u dont need icq... its an irc channel - and even u dont need any irc client, coz here is java-based client ;)

Ronshank:

:o I see… I went there but I only got the big bad red X. I went to download the plug but it’s all in German or something and I can’t make heads or tails of it

Ishkur Cinderhat:

I tried to start the chat applet but got a system notice that the source of the script had been certified as not trustworthy…? Quite frankly the first time I have ever got such a message.

grom:

I tried to start the chat applet but got a system notice that the source of the script had been certified as not trustworthy...? Quite frankly the first time I have ever got such a message.

Ishkur Cinderhat
just mark it as truthworty ;)

Xander:

Yes, I should have specified.

You must click “Yes” to that message that comes up. It’s the very established PJIRC Java Applet. Many applets will ask you to confirm their use.

Cheers!

Ronshank:

Okay went to the Wiki page downloaded the thingy but I still get the red X does that mean my java isn’t working?

Xander:

Might be. Try updating to a new version of Java.

Wait. What wiki page?

WarplockMonkey:

Beleive me guys, the chat isnt nofing to shout about

All they talk about is how good scandinavia is, and how big someones muffins are…

I always enter convos at the rong time :S

Xander:

As with any chat, it is up to the user to make enjoyment from it. Introduce someone to Chaos Dwarfs, discuss green stuff or scenery. There is plenty of ground to cover.

Nagathi:

Aye. In the Tavern of Albion we talk about just about anything. Whenever someone asks a Warhammer question, we discuss it. If no one is talking about that, we go into some talk about what we’ve done during the day - just as you would with any other friends.

I, as the “owner” of the Albion chat, want to see more Warhammer discussion in there.

And feel free to let me know what you think of the Warvault redesign as well as the new ranking system. Took me a while to create, and I have yet to hear anyone’s thoughts about it.

~ Nag

Willmark:

Nagathi glad to see you here.

Nagathi:

I’ve always been here, in one way or the other :wink: I may not post much, but I’m lurking about.

~ Nag