[Archive] The Dark Future/Time of Ending

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

i know this has been disuced before but if it is the time of ending for the 40k galaxy what do you think will happen i think that with mankind ending the enpourer will die,man will become traders with other races,SM will start a civil war and slowly die out,with the choas gene-seed gone the choas god will punish then (kill them) the eldar and DE will die,orks with no one to fight will fight anmonge them self and die leving tau and 'nids which will start a new era in which the 'nids and tau fight in a empty galaxy but tau recroting other races to fight for the greater good. :slight_smile:

thats my idea on whats going to happen any suggestions

Ishkur Cinderhat:

Quite frankly the Tau will not play any vital role in the galaxy IMO. They way it’s all gonna end is that the Tyranids will devour all life in the galaxy and without any life energy and souls to feed on both the C’tan and the Chaos gods will cease to exist. But it’s going to take tens of thousands of years until we reach that point so it will not be a subject of Warhammer 40k or our favourite hobby, ever. :wink:

Knight Of Awsome:

I think they will all die, when games workshop lowers there prises, and out of shock too!

But truthfully tyanids would win with there mass amounts of numbers…hmm… i think I’m going to go make a zurge, oops tyranid army…or dark eldar… and finish my CD army… sigh:o

Thommy H:

Every race is poised to destroy every other race (with the exception of the Eldar and the Tau). None of them will “win” because it’s a setting, not a story, and it’s always going to be poised at zero hour, when the whole Galaxy is on the verge of being eaten/stripped of all life/overrun by Orks/conquered by Abbadon/finally brought to heel by the Imperium. It’s part of the theme of 40K.

Sousunou:

First of all, i’m not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes anyway.

If you have the new WD (if not and you intend to get it look away now :h ) you will know there is a excerpt of a timeline in it describing the coming of the ‘end times’. I read through it and was truely amazed at how they seem to be killing off the imperium and the emperor. Worlds are converting to chaos like never before and the 'nids are running riot.

I couldn’t help but think that this is a cunning ploy to either phase out IG or to try and get us to play as them, by playing on our sympathy.

I felt the way they are doing it seemed a bit drastic…

(you can look back now :h )

Was it just me? :cheers

X-Porter:

I haven’t seen the latest issue (or the last few actually), but I doubt they’re gearing up for any major changes like that. Most likely they’re just trying to drive home the whole “ZOMG!! The Universe is so dark and we’re all DOOMED!!1!” atmosphere of 40K. With the recent release of the new CSM Codex and the upcoming Daemons Codex, naturally they have to make them look unstoppable.

At most they may be building up to their next Ultra-Mega-Worldwide Campaign Event. I can’t see them making any far reaching changes to the Imperium as it’s kind of the focal point of the game, and as for getting rid of the Guard, that’s ridiculous. Imagine the uproar from the players! And really, what kind of half-arsed business practice would it be to develop armies and sell miniatures for them, and then one day just go “What on Earth were we thinking?” and remove them from the game as if they never existed.

Oh, wait…

well if there a falt in the emperor chair just pull the plug the IG are going to die SM are going to die 'nids are going to die orks are going to die eldar are going to die DE are going to die and that leaves tau which is going to live see problem solved and that is it ends

p.s and maneus calgar will live 'cos he let tau excape

Every race is poised to destroy every other race (with the exception of the Eldar and the Tau).

Thommy H
what do eldar and tau like each other

zorn sabretooth:

no the taU ARE AN EXPLORING RACE AND ELDAR JUST WANT PEACE

Thommy H:

No, the Eldar would annihilate every other race if they could - they’re simply too few to ever make it happen. The Tau want everyone to join them in a happy smiley love-in.

Lord Zarkov:

And really, what kind of half-arsed business practice would it be to develop armies and sell miniatures for them, and then one day just go "What on Earth were we thinking?" and remove them from the game as if they never existed.

Oh, wait...

X-Porter
Apparently that particular race is now actually on the to-do list; right at the bottom granted (and in a more Xenos form), but actually on the list
Every race is poised to destroy every other race (with the exception of the Eldar and the Tau).

Thommy H
what do eldar and tau like each other

Godbob and his jolly rogers
There are hints (with the GW hammer of subtlety) that the Eldar created the Ethereals

cornixt:

Do you think GW might kill off the Emperor, then they could do the whole star child fluff again.

Arlon:

if the emperor died i see two outcomes

1 he becomes the 5th chaos power

2 mankind is overwelmed by chaos literally and figuritivly ( spelling)

Thommy H:

Do you think GW might kill off the Emperor, then they could do the whole star child fluff again.

cornixt
GW don't add to the story any more - they learned from their mistakes with the global campaigns which left them with a setting that risked being too radically changed and therefore automatically outdating every Codex. People get annoyed enough with Codecies and Rulebooks being updated because of rules - imagine if everything they produced had to be redone because The Emperor was dead now, or Abbadon got as far as Mars, or Armageddon was really conquered by the Orks.

It's a setting, not a story. It's supposed to be static so that people can play using the same armies and special characters and not feel like their version of events isn't "official".

The background of the 40K and Warhammer universe changes, but it's refining and retconning; adding new layers to what's already happened, not just continuing the story. Everything is poised at zero hour in both settings, and that's how it'll stay.

Sousunou:

Am i the only one who remembers the necrons here? if everyone annihilates each other, it will be a fight between tau, necrons and 'nids. my allegiance would be with the tau or necrons, but my money would be on the 'nids to out survive the rest… :cheers:

Thommy H:

Am i the only one who remembers the necrons here? if everyone annihilates each other, it will be a fight between tau, necrons and 'nids.
Or the Orks, Necrons and 'Nids. Or Chaos, the Orks and 'Nids. Or The Imperium, Chaos, Orks, 'Nids and Dark Eldar...etc. etc.

Every race is poised to destroy every other race. Except the Eldar (who can't) and the Tau (who won't). It's not a case of picking a handful of the strongest and predicting which will be left standing - every Codex for every race says the same thing. "If the Orks only united under one Warlord, they'd sweep away the whole Galaxy in a tide of green" or "once the Tyranids arrive in force, we're all doomed" or "if only the Imperium would stop persecuting psykers and worshipping a corpse, they could unite and start a new Great Crusade".

It's part of the flavour of the setting that humanity is doomed - either they'll destroy themselves, or aliens/chaos will do it for them. There is no right answer: there is no "most powerful race". They're all Galaxy-destroying threats.

Sousunou:

The point i was trying to make was that the Eldar and DE are going to wipe out each other…

IG are lost without the Emperor

S/M and Chaos are in the same situation as the Eldar

The tau sit in the corner being hippys (no offence)

The necrons regenerate to a degree

And the nids eat everything in sight, so i dont think cannibalism is to far fetched…

That was my logic, anyway…

:cheers

Thommy H:

i dont think cannibalism is to far fetched...
They actually do consume each other. The Tyranid organisms that are used to invade a world are re-absorbed by the Hive Ships when they move on by throwing themselves into the pools of bio-matter that are sucked up into space. Furthermore, Hive Fleets sometimes turn on each other when there's no other species around - what you have to realise though, is that the victors of such a conflict simply consume the bio-matter of the losers, and grow stronger through the adaptations they've come up with, and the adaptations they create to fight the other Tyranids. So when the Tyranids eat each other, they just get stronger overall.

Anyway, no one will ever "win" in 40K. That's kind of the point. You can't destroy Chaos, the Orks are too numerous and thrive on conflict anyway, the Necrons still have unnumbered warriors waiting to be awakened under the surface of thousands of worlds, the Dark Eldar hide in the Warp where no one can get them, the Eldar have their Exodite colonies scattered across the Galaxy, the Imperium is just too huge and the Tau might just survive by letting these other forces destroy each other.

The Imperium is beset on all sides by invincible enemies. That's what 40K is.

zorn sabretooth:

orks will never die out fighting only makes them stronger

i like the fact that the tau just sit there waiting intill all the races kill each other and tommy h is that why they just chose a planet that no had heard about give it a gobal campange then in the new codexs just right that the planet had been a vital part of what ever the race had been doing

p.s tau are not hippy (hippys didn’t have guns:))