[Archive] The Duergar of Gracklstugh! (an evil Dwarf plog)

Necrotique:

Now all you need is a captured Drizzt :stuck_out_tongue:

:cheers

tjub:

Are you going to paint them with the same cold underworld feeling that the art has?

Duergar Warlord:

hehe thankfully i have some dark elves in my bitzbox, who knows what will happen :wink:

yes im going to do sinister tones, but the skincolour issnt gonna be that pale, i need something to give contrast to the dull scheme. and not just the textiles (wich are going to be deep purple or deep red)

so skintone will be rather “normal” and beards will be black as coal:yar

Duergar Warlord:

i got bored waiting for my AOW slayers, so i began pimping up a daemon prince :slight_smile:

and just got a new batallion… seems they changed the contents of the dwarf batallions… instead of 32 warriors/16 thunderers/1 cannon there were 24 warriors/16 thunderers/1 cannon… didnt notice this when i bought it online… typical now i have to get another warriors box to fill out my regiments

Duergar Warlord:

and here’s a sneak at one of the prototype ironbreakers im working on, still alot to be done though

—upd—

decided to change the highlights to more smoother highlight

Skink:

Absolutely love the smooth highlights on the Infernal Guard. However it looks a bit too uniform at this stage!

Duergar Warlord:

and here’s the two prototype colour schemes next to each other (still not finished but its a hint)

also included the random daemon head :stuck_out_tongue:

Golder Goldeater:

Remember me?:|:)

Awesome job !!!:cheers

The silver one lacks contrast. So far I prefer the red.

Finish em both and I might reconsider.

Loki:

I am with the red one as well but will wait to see them fully finished , keep up the great work :slight_smile:

Baraz Gorechain:

I prefer the silver one. It’s cold and uncaring.

Black and silver is a rather strong contrast I thought :stuck_out_tongue:

Bassman:

I prefer the silver one. You need to add a small touch of color, like some gold parts…

Da Crusha:

wow love the paint scheme! it makes me want to repaint my metal the way you have done it. keep up the great work!

Tribun:

Red one- definetly!

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

fonejaker:

RED

or

Red with silver scales!!!

bas_2312:

Red with silver scales!!!

fonejaker
Yeah! I think a mix of the two colorschemes would look good. It would provide some nice contrast.

tjub:

I prefer the red one… :slight_smile:

Zanko:

The red one is cool but for Duergar? I don’t know?

What about a cold blue colour scheme in the same style as the red one?!?!

This might be awesome and very Duegar-like … imo! :wink:

:hashut

Skink:

I second Zanko. Look at the pic in you blog’s first page: cold colors are pre-eminent

that guy:

I third zanko. Cold colors for sure.The silver one looks really good.Maybe a mix of blues and silvers?

Duergar Warlord:

touché :slight_smile: i will have to agree there, red is too warm as a colour for the Duergar that im building.

anyway, got my shipment from AOW today containing two boxes of preordered berzerkers and 5 dwarf chars.

i was a bit dissapointed about the weapon size difference compared to the “regular” dwarfs, it looks a bit off once you notice it

but im leaning towards changing them all for great weapons from the dwarf warrior sprue

either way i’ll think of something.

the lower bodies were also of gigantic size compared to the torsos, looks like all dwarfs wear like 4 numbers too large pants

anyways, the detail on the models are pretty intricate so im not all to dissapointed, and started working on a standard bearer right away.

found an old cut off head from an ork, being held by the arm of an Steel Legion imperial guard officer - well now it fits perfectly on my standard bearer

and here’s another shot of the first two “slayers” i built

and a size compare with FW infernal guard, AOW slayer and GW dwarf warrior