[Archive] The Fimir of Albion - out of the mist

Mr Saturday:

Along with chaos dwarves, the fimir have long been a fascination of mine. The army is still very much being assembled, but here’s the latest fellow. He’s an old Heroquest mini I’ve updated a bit. Most of my human scale fimir will be from Bloodmoon miniatures. He’ll serve as a fimm unit champion.

Willmark:

I’m thinking this belongs in the OT painting setions. Whoosh!

Mr Saturday:

Right you are guv.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Willmark:

No worries, beatings will commence later :wink:

Zanko:

I really like the story of the Fimir and the Blood Moon Minis are awesome - that’s the reason I use them as DoW in my CD army!

I hope other companies or BMM will release more/new Fimir / Bogs!

Imo the GW ones are a bit too heavily build / crude - but nonetheless I’m eager to see your painted ones! :smiley:

:hashut

Mr Saturday:

I would be insanely happy to see new fimir models. Bloodmoon will hopefully do a few more bog raiders. I don’t intend using too many Heroquest fimir, but the fella above, as he is more heavy, will make a fine leader compared to the more slender raiders.

Zanko:

Could you post a pic with the GW and the BMM side by side?!?!

Cause I don’t own any GW Fimir - perhaps they will fit much better than I can imagine!

:hashut

Mr Saturday:

I shall indeed. I’ll throw up a shot later this evening.

Da Crusha:

There is an elfball fimir model available but you would have act quickly because it limited. Impact! Miniatures

Im also a big fan of fimir and have thought about adding a few to my ranks as slaves.

Mr Saturday:

Here’s a Bloodmoon mini’s bog raider for comparison.

tjub:

Cool, do you plan a warband och a whole army of them?

Mr Saturday:

It’s a whole army thing. The guys above will serve as fimm warriors (chaos warriors), the large fimir will be fianna fimm and nobles (ogres). The meargh and dirach will be sorceror lords and heroes. Then fen beasts as trolls, and there will be a human contingent based on Celts, (Albion natives). Chariots, shearl (marauders and marauder cavalry) will be human, with maybe a fimir in the back of the chariots. The war altar will be a sacrificial plinth sacred to Balor. (I have a sweet cauldron model for that) I have the giants of Albion box set, and so the one-eyed giant will serve as…a giant. Apart from that, Celtic monsters as spawn, and a boar-headed daemon as a daemon prince. Phew.

The mark of Nurgle will represent the fimir mist. I may even model some mist markers for show. It’ll be work, but there won’t be too many armies like it.

Mr Saturday:

And here he is, my first fimir comes out of the mist to blink in the sunlight. This one will be a fimm unit champion. I see Tales of Battle have a fimir allies list, but I think I’ll stick to the warriors of chaos list for now.

Piccolo:

Very nice paint job. I have a couple of those guys myself but I never seem to find time to paint them.

AGPO:

Top work, the basing really suits the fluff too. What’s the paintscheme you used?

Mr Saturday:

Cheers folks. Most of the paints are GW. The skin is 2:2:1, skull white : tallarn Flesh : elf flesh. Chainmail and shining gold for metals, scorched brown for wood, calthan brown for leather, elf flesh and skull white for the cloak. The tattoos are tallarn flesh, then mordian blue. Then a dose of mid-tone army painter. Clean up with original mixes, pick out eyes, teeth etc, et voila.

clam:

Beautiful. I love Fimir’s and BBM are real good proxies. Old Citadels are better but so hard to get - and probably not a miniature you’d use for rank and fill warriors. But I’ve seen a good conversion done from an orc. Maybe something to consider?

But we could also as Dave :smiley: Must certainly something he would like doing as well.

Mr Saturday:

Way ahead of you Clam. I proposed it to him the other day, after my success asking him to do an undead toad. Fingers crossed…

I have enough old ogre sized fimir for a unit of 6 fianna fimm. I need three more nobles for a second unit. I considered orcs, perhaps for human size dirach and meargh.

clam:

Yeah say your comment - but lets keep our fingers crossed - sure it would be spectacular if he did one :wink:

Xander:

I have a couple fimir in my Slave Brute (Orc) unit.

I am curious why you wouldn’t choose the Beastman as your counts as army, it seems like a natural fit.

I’ve always wanted to do something cool with fimir. I’d likely create my own multi-part casts of the HQ Fimir model if I were ever to make a unit of them. They might make for a nice Pestigor unit in a Beastman army…