[Archive] The Game of Thrones Poll So which are you?

Willmark:

Since we have to go all the way til June till it starts again and the fat-man cant get of his arse to write the 6th and 7th books!

And who are you, the proud lord said,
that I must bow so low?
Only a cat of a different coat,
that’s all the truth I know.
In a coat of gold or a coat of red,
a lion still has claws,
And mine are long and sharp, my lord,
as long and sharp as yours.

And so he spoke, and so he spoke,
that Lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o’er his hall,
with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o’er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

As it says who are you backing? Who is your go-to House/Factionin Westeros (or Essos?)

Discuss.

Willmark:

My answer will surprise, while sympathetic to the Starks, I seem to be drawn to the Ironborn! They take what they want and Pay the Iron Price!

"What is dead may never die!"

Strangely, at the same time I’m not sure they are my favorite.

At lastly my favorite house words are House Arryn “As High As Honor”.

Malorndk:

I’m hoping for Cersei to die horribly, while Tyrion and Varus introduces Snow and Danny, and they unite the kingdoms against the white walkers. But I’m not sure this will be as happy an ending :wink:

Skink:

I am not a big fan of the series (booooh, get out of here), but I read all books avidly. And the story in the books is infinite times better than the one in the tv show.

That said, I gotta be a Seaworth. Onion knight for life! I like Davos because even though he was a criminal he tried all he could to improve his condition, fought hard for his family, is one of the few characters in the saga that is really loyal, honest and driven by honor, and is constantly trying to improve himself (“if I am going to be a Hand, I need to learn about tactics & how to read”).

Helblindi:

I read the first 4 physical volumes or so avidly, then I got stuck halfway into the next one because it focused almost exclusively on characters that weren’t in the previous books, and so I wasn’t really invested in them and lost my interest.

With the series, though of course a lot is lost, this never happened since they kept on following the main characters. So right now I prefer the series, but I’m planning to give the books a second chance some time in the future.

That said, I think the Wildlings are one of the few factions who seem decent so far, and not boring. They fight because they don’t want to become frozen zombies, they don’t repress or allow themselves to be repressed. They’re basically vikings without all the asshole plundering and slavery. Awesome!

Willmark:

I am not a big fan of the series (booooh, get out of here), but I read all books avidly. And the story in the books is infinite times better than the one in the tv show.

That said, I gotta be a Seaworth. Onion knight for life! I like Davos because even though he was a criminal he tried all he could to improve his condition, fought hard for his family, is one of the few characters in the saga that is really loyal, honest and driven by honor, and is constantly trying to improve himself ("if I am going to be a Hand, I need to learn about tactics & how to read").

Skink
Series is a pretty good adaption, not perfect but a good one

Skink:

Yes, yes, it is! But there are so many things missing! An Tn in Griffin´s Roost with the Golden Company. Doran Martell (still alive) and the Sand Snakes preparing a coup against the Lannisters. Illyrio & Varys killing Kn L*******r in the Red Keep and saying “now we can begin”. Euron Greyjoy with the Valyrian Horn (which can subjugate dragons) heading towards Mereen. Lady Stoneheart. And I can continue…

Abecedar:

I’m a nothing as I haven’t watched it at all.

Malorndk:

Abecedar: Just fucking do it. I was 15 before I watched Star Wars, solely because I refused to embrace the hype. My attitude saves me from wasting time on crappy shit, stupid games, and bad reality shows, but it also makes me miss out on amazing stuff.

I have have seen a shit ton of TV shows these last 5 years and Game of Thrones is really up there. It’s straight up good, like Breaking Bad or Rick & Morty (3 very different shows, but all extremely good). So ignore the hype, just watch episode 1 and see if it’s blast or boring.

Malorndk:

Abecedar: Just fucking do it. I was 15 before I watched Star Wars, solely because I refused to embrace the hype. My attitude saves me from wasting time on crappy shit, stupid games, and bad reality shows, but it also makes me miss out on amazing stuff.

I have have seen a shit ton of TV shows these last 5 years and Game of Thrones is really up there. It’s straight up good, like Breaking Bad or Rick & Morty (3 very different shows, but all extremely good). So ignore the hype, just watch episode 1 and see if it’s a blast or boring.

Abecedar:

Ah S…! I was 14 when Star Wars came out.

My son has got them and he’s always saying i should and I actually do intend to watch GoT one day.

I’ll just add it to the list of things to do.

Sjoerdo:

I only watch ‘Train of Gnomes’. In which I prefer the house of Hashut :hashut

:smiley: