[Archive] The gitz?

Khaosbeardling:

I’m very interested to hear what other CD players use their Sneaky Gitz for. Now that they can’t lap around, plus they have to have 5 in a rank, they seem rather “kilt” What do you use your gitz for???

Sobek:

It seems the best you could do is get a large group (30ish) and use their double poison attacks to take on Giants, monsters, even Chariots and Knights. Heavily armored/High Toughness monsters that might otherwise be difficult to handle.

Uzkul Werit:

They’re still not bad for 5pts. Just no longer worth a special choice. Perhaps if they were an upgrade for some normal Hobgoblins …

Khaosbeardling:

Yeah that wouldn’t be too bad. An upgrade sounds more on par with what they’re actually worth on the battlefield right now.

Yaghnu Nigamwamp:

I'm very interested to hear what other CD players use their Sneaky Gitz for.��Now that they can't lap around, plus they have to have 5 in a rank, they seem rather "kilt"��What do you use your gitz for???

Khaosbeardling
I've been using mine as dust gatherers. :P

Seriously, since 7th has come out, I haven't used Gitz at all. Poison is nice, and I'm sure they work ok, but they are competing for a special slot with Bolt Throwers, Death Rockets, Orc Boyz and Black Orcs.

I do miss 'em, but Orcs with the new choppa rules are nifty.

Khaosbeardling:

I'm very interested to hear what other CD players use their Sneaky Gitz for. Now that they can't lap around, plus they have to have 5 in a rank, they seem rather "kilt" What do you use your gitz for???

Khaosbeardling
I've been using mine as dust gatherers. :P

Seriously, since 7th has come out, I haven't used Gitz at all. Poison is nice, and I'm sure they work ok, but they are competing for a special slot with Bolt Throwers, Death Rockets, Orc Boyz and Black Orcs.

I do miss 'em, but Orcs with the new choppa rules are nifty.

Yaghnu Nigamwamp
I just can't find a really good use for them anymore.

Traitor King:

why cant they lap round anymore? I missed this… (heh, one less unit i was gunna make :P)

Uzkul Werit:

The lap around rule was removed in 7th Edition, making Sneaky Gitz nearly useless.

I’d still use them over Orcs as they’re unique to our army.

Sobek:

They might be worth it in an official tournament where they get a free move every turn. Even then, they are mostly lackluster.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Could always use Sneaky Git models are Orcs with two choppas (the poison gives them +1 S in the first round, blah blah blah, their more accomplished at defending than normal hobgoblins and more lithe [hence extra toughnesss. Represents them dodging more] etc etc).

AGPO:

It depends what you’re going for. I was frustrated, having just converted several sneaks, when I heard they were now officially useless, but then recalled that a unit with a front rank of 5 gets 10 poisoned attacks, for a minimum unit cost of 50pts. Granted this isn’t much to justify a special choice, but if you want to take something different… All the same though, its only much use against high toughness, low armour models, and to get shot of them i’d probablly spend 10 more points on two bolt throwers.

hal:

It all depends on what sort of army you like to play I suppose, generally most of us CD players have all our special slots taken up.

No matter what 7th ed has nullified, they still have those poison attacks. What was the tournament update that the US brought out, something about a free reform or soemthing?

Sobek:

They are allowed to perform a free move after every combat, even if the opponent wins. Mostly worthless, but its something to note.

http://gt.us.games-workshop.com/Rules/assets/warhammer/chaosdwarf_gt_faq.pdf