[Archive] The Invocation - Issue #4

Disciple of Nagash:

Hi!

I am very pleased to announce the release of the Invocation Issue #4

Highlights include:

• Result of the Golden Bat Painting Competition Winter 2010

• Vampire Powers and How to bait and also avoid being baited

• How to paint undead beast and a blood tutorial

• he Origins of the Necrarchs, rules for W’soran, and the fourth instalment of the Children of Maat

You can download from the following link:

http://www.vampirecounts.net/showthread.php?tid=8490

I hope you enjoy and please leave feedback.

Cheers

Disciple of Nagash

~Carpe Noctem Owner and Administrator

Willmark:

Cool look forward to reading it and commenting DoN.

Snotling:

Yep cool. I just overviewed it and there is a lot of nice stuff in it. I like the article about painting blood. I used Tamiya clear red, too but I never tried to mix it up. looks great.

And the asian undead army is awesome. I know some of these minis, the guy who made them postet his first stuff here at CDO… why didn’t he continue posting them here? :hat

Baggronor:

I know some of these minis, the guy who made them postet his first stuff here at CDO... why didn't he continue posting them here?
Erm, coz I'm crap and haven't made anything new since the last time I posted them here :) Been meaning to make a Corpse Cart, Skellies and Zombie Dragon for months, but just too busy :|

I blame all the new drawings I had to do for the Invocation :) (not really)

Willmark:

Artwork for the Innvocation you say? o_O

Snotling:

Oh thee are yours Baggronor? Well, congrats for the cool stuff! I haven’t expected that you make so many models after I saw your first conversions (because it looks like a lot of work and you know… sometimes you start a project and then you just cancel it because everything works too slow ^^). Unfortunately I didn’t follow your thread, you made it probaly during my “inactive phase” ^^

So if you like making artwork so much, fell free to make some drawings about my Chaos Dwarfs :hat off

Baggronor:

No, I don't know who said that. Must have been your imagination ;)
I haven't expected that you make so many models
One army every three years is hardly many models :)

Snotling:

One army every three years is hardly many models :)

Baggronor
Well, what shall I say? ^^ But then you have more time to practise with your old army instead of getting allways something new ^^

Willmark:

No, I don't know who said that. Must have been your imagination ;)

Baggronor
"These aren't the droids you're looking for..."

Swissdictator:

Is it me or is there quite a bit of CDO/WoH crossover with The Invocation?

Snotling:

Is it me or is there quite a bit of CDO/WoH crossover with The Invocation?

Swissdictator
It's not their fault... the Word of Hashut ist just a freakin' awesome e-zine :hat off

Willmark:

Heh now that was funny!

You’re in luck too Issue #8 is nearing the home stretch.

Grimstonefire:

‘Golden Bat’… Doesn’t quite have the same ring to it… :wink:

Thorne:

I must admit I do expect a great big golden cricket bat rather than a vampire bat, They have some great stuff over there I must get myself some of those mantic undeads soon and paint a standard model rather than trying to fail something half deacent of my own :wink:

Mario:

Bat is the thing for baseball right?

Baggronor:

Bat is the thing for baseball right?
Baseball? Baseball? Colonial nonsense! :) A bat is for Cricket.

Thorne:

Huzzar Baggronor ! I concour with your last statement old chum, Would you like a spot of tea and biscuits later ? Mayhaps a swift half in the local drinking establishment ?

Baggronor:

Good golly gosh by jove what an excellent idea. Absolutely spiffing.

We have totally derailed this thread :slight_smile: Ahem, so, feedback on the Invocation?

Mario:

lol yeah we are really bad :slight_smile: I really liked the mag tho, quite a bit fun to read.
And what are those crickets things? i hate them, they make way to much noise at night…

Baggronor:

And what are those crickets things? i hate them, they make way to much noise at night...
Well, I suppose you could use a bat for them too, might be overkill though :)