[Archive] The last of Khatanns journeys

Fequiil:

not that i have written any of his earlier journeys, but it’s HIS last, not mine.

after reading alot of stories on this forum, i wanted to write something myself.

yes, i know ther might be some spelling of gramatical misstakes, and yes, please make me aware of those misstakes, otherwise i will make the same misstake agian.:hat off

on to the story:

The failure

The doors of Khorahk Firethoots mines opened.

Khatann ordered his army to stop and wait there, in front of the enormous, bloody doors, while he, only followed by his standard bearer and old friend, Zhadrakk bronzefist, entered.

He walked inside.

He wasn�?Tt able see anything, and was forced to trust on his intuition because of the deep darkness.

�?onever enter this place by night agian.�?� he thought. �?onot when you have walked all day.�?�

Suddently, walking out of a door on the side of the tunnle, a slave appeared.

He was holding a torch, so Khatann was properly able to see what kind of creature it has been that entered the tunnle.

When looking really close, he saw what it was.

�?oIt�?Ts a human�?� he thought, But with that lightening, it could have easely been an elf too.

�?ohello�?� the creature whispered �?�how can i help you?�?�

�?othe creatures voice is weak, he�?Ts probable been in that mine for over 2 years�?� Khatann told his friend.

�?olonger than just 2�?� Zhadrakk answered

in fact, the �?ocreature�?� is (was) a bretonnian peasant from Gisoreux, that Khatann himself captured about 1.5 years ago, when he was aiding a small village in the north of the World edge mountains, but both Khatann, Zhadrahk and the slave didn�?Tt reconise each other.

�?ocan i help you?�?� the creature asked agian.

�?obring us to Khorahk.�?� Khatann ordered.

�?�and fast.�?� Zhadrahk added.

�?oi shall bring you to lord Firethoot, mighty Chaos dwarfs.�?�

�?ojust hurry.�?� Khatann said, while kicking the foul creature.

�?oahh! That hurts!�?� the creature screamed.

�?ostop jelling!�?� Khatann ordered.

�?oyes, sir�?� the creature answered grabbing his foot.

�?oi shall not say one more word, follow me.�?�

The slave led the 2 leaders through the tunnles, past hunderds of slaves and into stairs going really deep, they even went that deep, that Zhadrahk had the feeling he would never reach the survace agian, if they lost the slave.

Following the slave wasn�?Tt an easy task anyway, as he was fast, and most inportantly, knew where he was going.

Finally the 3 reached a big, steel door.

�?oget back to work, you foul creature!�?� Khatann ordered the slave.

�?oy-y-yess, sir.�?� Now being scared by the fact that the dwarf had kicked him.

�?�and about you, Zhadrahk, you can wait here until i�?Tm back.�?� Khatann said.

�?obut, but…�?� �?ono but, you wait here untill i�?Tm back, you know the rules.�?�

�?oyes, my master, i shall act like you ordered.�?�Zhadrahk answered.

He was mad, as suspected.

Khatann knew he promised, but if he broke the rules, he�?Td maybe even die, especially with these circumstances.

Khatann knocked on the door.

�?owho�?Ts there?�?� a sound asked.

�?oit�?Ts me.�?� Khatann answered.

�?oplease enter.�?� The voice said.

There was only one person in the enormous hall Khatann entered.

�?owhat happened to you?!�?� it was Khorahk Firethoot, Khatanns boss who asked the question.

�?oinstead of rearing them, another army reared us.�?� Khatann said, lookig at his broken armour and at the blood that was on it.

�?ois he dead, Borri Granitebeard?�?� Khorahk asked, now being irritated of knowing that his most thrustfull warlord had failed him.

�?owe don�?Tt know, he got hit by a bullit, but you never know, especially not when fighting him�?�

Khatann said, calmly.

�?oyou know what failing me means, don�?Tt you?�?�

�?oyes, i do, my master�?� he answered, now less calmly.

�?owell, i�?Tm not going to punish you like that, i think i know something better to get rid of you.

go tell your army to go to the barracks, a messenger will arrive there tomorrow, He will tell you what your punishment will be.

Now go!�?� Khorahk ordered the warlord.

�?oyes sir, and may The father be with you.�?�

Khatann left.

He opened the door.

Zhadrahk was still waiting there.

�?oand what did he say?�?� Zhadrahk asked

�?onothing, let�?Ts go to the barracks.�?�

Once they arrived at the gates agian, Khatann ordered his men, who where suprised to see him back, to go to the barracks as he was told to, but one man refused to follow his orders.

It was Zhadrahk who refused.

Khatann understood why.

He had probably hoped that he would un-warlod him and that he would then be chosen as the new warlord.

Khatann had thought the same thing, untill this night.

Khorahk had changed his mind, and he didn�?Tt know why.

�?oCome with us to the barracks.�?� Khatann said.

�?owhy do you still live?�?� Zhadrahk asked.

�?obecause Khorahk has changed his mind, and now come with us!�?� Khatann answered.

Zhadrahk went back to the barracks with them, but he sure as hashuts fire wasn�?Tt happy about that.

this is the first part, and if i feel like to, i will maybe even make more parts, but only if i feel like to.

so, what ya think?

:hat off

Fequiil:

this is all i’ve written(and edited) so , what ya think?

C&C always appreciated.:cheers

1. The failure & waking up

The doors of Khorahk Firethoots mines opened.

Khatann ordered his army to stop and wait there, in front of the enormous, bloody doors, while he, only followed by his standard bearer and old friend, Zhadrakk bronzefist, entered.

He walked inside.

He wasn�?Tt able see anything, and was forced to trust on his intuition because of the deep darkness.

�?onever enter this place by night agian.�?� he thought. �?onot when you have walked all day.�?�

Suddently, walking out of a door on the side of the tunnle, a slave appeared.

He was holding a torch, so Khatann was properly able to see what kind of creature it has been that entered the tunnle.

When looking really close, he saw what it was.

�?oIt�?Ts a human�?� he thought, But with that lightening, it could have easely been an elf too.

�?ohello�?� the creature whispered �?�how can i help you?�?�

�?othe creatures voice is weak, he�?Ts probable been in that mine for over 2 years�?� Khatann told his friend.

�?olonger than just 2�?� Zhadrakk answered

in fact, the �?ocreature�?� is (was) a bretonnian peasant from Gisoreux, that Khatann himself captured about 1.5 years ago, when he was aiding a small village in the north of the World edge mountains, but both Khatann, Zhadrahk and the slave didn�?Tt recognise each other.

�?ocan i help you?�?� the creature asked agian.

�?obring us to Khorahk.�?� Khatann ordered.

�?�and fast.�?� Zhadrahk added.

�?oi shall bring you to lord Firethoot, mighty Chaos dwarfs.�?�

�?ojust hurry.�?� Khatann said, while kicking the foul creature.

�?oahh! That hurts!�?� the creature screamed.

�?ostop jelling!�?� Khatann ordered.

�?oyes, sir�?� the creature answered grabbing his foot.

�?oi shall not say one more word, follow me.�?�

The slave led the 2 leaders through the tunnles, past hunderds of slaves and into stairs going really deep, they even went that deep, that Zhadrahk had the feeling he would never reach the survace agian, if they lost the slave.

Following the slave wasn�?Tt an easy task anyway, as he was fast, and most inportantly, knew where he was going.

Finally the 3 reached a big, steel door.

�?oget back to work, you foul creature!�?� Khatann ordered the slave.

�?oy-y-yess, sir.�?� Now being scared by the fact that the dwarf had kicked him.

�?�and about you, Zhadrahk, you can wait here until i�?Tm back.�?� Khatann said.

�?obut, but…�?� �?ono but, you wait here untill i�?Tm back, you know the rules.�?�

�?oyes, my master, i shall act like you ordered.�?�Zhadrahk answered.

He was mad, as suspected.

Khatann knew he promised, but if he broke the rules, he�?Td maybe even die, especially with these circumstances.

Khatann knocked on the door.

�?owho�?Ts there?�?� a sound asked.

�?oit�?Ts me.�?� Khatann answered.

�?oplease enter.�?� The voice said.

There was only one person in the enormous hall Khatann entered.

�?owhat happened to you?!�?� it was Khorahk Firethoot, Khatanns boss who asked the question.

�?oinstead of rearing them, another army reared us.�?� Khatann said, lookig at his broken armour and at the blood that was on it.

�?ois he dead, Borri Granitebeard?�?� Khorahk asked, now being irritated of knowing that his most thrustfull warlord had failed him.

�?owe don�?Tt know, he got hit by a bullet, but you never know, especially not when fighting him�?�

Khatann said, calmly.

�?oyou know what failing me means, don�?Tt you?�?�

�?oyes, i do, my master�?� he answered, now less calmly.

�?owell, i�?Tm not going to punish you like that, i think i know something better to get rid of you.

go tell your army to go to the barracks, a messenger will arrive there tomorrow, He will tell you what your punishment will be.

Now go!�?� Khorahk ordered the warlord.

�?oyes sir, and may The father be with you.�?�

Khatann left.

He opened the door.

Zhadrahk was still waiting there.

�?oand what did he say?�?� Zhadrahk asked

�?onothing, let�?Ts go to the barracks.�?�

Once they arrived at the gates agian, Khatann ordered his men, who where suprised to see him back, to go to the barracks as he was told to, but one man refused to follow his orders.

It was Zhadrahk who refused.

Khatann understood why.

He had probably hoped that he would un-warlod him and that he would then be chosen as the new warlord.

Khatann had thought the same thing, untill this night.

Khorahk had changed his mind, and he didn�?Tt know why.

�?oCome with us to the barracks.�?� Khatann said.

�?owhy do you still live?�?� Zhadrahk asked.

�?obecause Khorahk has changed his mind, and now come with us!�?� Khatann answered.

Zhadrahk went back to the barracks with them, but he sure as hashuts fire wasn�?Tt happy about that.

Thane Borri Granitebeard was lying on a bed in the medic�?Ts at one of Karak azuls outposts, in coma.

The medics where trying there best to save the brave dwarf, but he didn�?Tt seem to wake up.

Suddently, a young �?~un entered the room.

It was Snorri Stoneshaft, Borris to-be saver.

He entered the room with something in his hand, a bottle of bugmans notorious troll brew.

The medic opened the mouth of the wounded, and filled it with the beer.

The stuff was so strong, it woke the dwarf up.

When he opened his eyes, the first thing he did was grab the bottle and drink.

He drunk untill there was nothing left, and lay down agian, giving back the bottle.

�?owhere am I?�?� the dwarf asked.

�?oyou�?Tre at the medic�?Ts.�?� Snorri answered.

�?owhat medic�?Ts?�?� the clearly healed dwarf asked.

�?oone of Karak azuls.�?� The medic himself now spoke.

�?owhere are those… AAGH!�?� he said while he remebered he had fought Khatann, but before he could stand up, he also seemed to remember he had been shot…

�?oyou�?Tre save now, but so is he.�?� The medic answered, knowing what Borri wanted to ask.

�?othen the mission to trap him failed, i suppose.�?� Thogar onixtoe asked while entering the room.

Everybody was astonished seeing him, because he was the proud owner of the outpost, and besides that, also a great warrior.

�?oit indeed did.�?� Borri said.

�?owe got him trapped, but he and his army of betrayers seemed to be able to suvive the great damage and fought their way out, nearly killing me, but thanks to this sharpshooter Snorri here, i did not die.�?� The dwarf said, laying his hand on Snorris shoulder.

�?oit was a lucky shot.�?� Snorri responded.

�?obut one timed well, i must say!�?� the medic said.

�?oonce i�?Tll be able to move and fight again, you will join the Thunderlads.

You can be proud of yourself, young dwarf.�?� Borri praised.

�?oI�?Td be honoured to serve you.�?� Snorri said, with a big smile on his face, although still looking dwarfish.

�?oeverybody out!�?� the medic ordered.

�?oMister Granitebeard should rest and heal!�?�

2. Preparing for takeoff & the treatment

Khatann sat in his armoury, looking at the little gap in his armour.

It was so tiny, his finger wouldn�?Tt even be able to get through, but it had been big engough to prevent him from killing his target.

�?othe little brat that shot me, he�?Tll regret that he has been born!�?� he screamed walking towards his deamonsmith.

�?omaster Slaveeye, how can i help you?�?� the smith asked.

�?osomeone that will regret it shot me in my shoulder! I need you to fix it for me.�?�

�?oofcourse, my master. Let me take a look at the damage.�?� The smith said.

�?oi want it to be ready and cold tomorrow.�?� Khatann ordered.

�?oTomorrow?! Are you planning to leave anywhere soon?�?� The smith asked, suprised.

�?ono, but i think Khorahk is planning me to.�?� Khatann answered.

�?oI�?Tll fix it as fast as i can, my master.�?� He said while taking the armour out of the warlords hands.

The next morning a slave stood in front of the barracks maingate.

normally this wasn�?Tt an uncommon sight, but this time it was.

Khatann reconised the slave as being one of Khorahks personal messengers.

In his hand he held a letter.

With a single look at the letter, Khatann knew this wasn�?Tt just a letter, it was his letter, and he was right.

Khatann opened the gate and let the slave in.

The slave didn�?Tt say anything, because he was too scared of the strong warlord in front of him.

�?ogive me the letter.�?� The warlord ordered.

The slave handed over the letter and immediatly left the barrack.

While sitting in his room in the barrack (the command room) he opened the letter.

He couldn�?Tt believe what he was reading!

�?othis is unbeliefable!�?� he thought

�?ohe�?Ts sending me there?! This is madness, suicide!�?� he yelled.

He grabbed a small dagger from the wall, and went to his master as fast as he could.

�?ohe�?Tll regret even thinking of this!�?� he said against his dagger.

�?ohe will, ohh yes he will!�?�

�?oyour current situation may be worse then we ecxpected, Borri.�?� The medic said.

�?omaybe part of the shell is stil in your body, but we�?Tve got to find out soon, or it might get stuck in there.

We�?Tve got to use a magnet, i�?Tm afraid.�?� The medic told him.

�?ono, not a magnet! That thing hurts, and it itches!�?� the thane boggled.

�?owe�?Tve got to! I�?Tve got no choice but to use the magnet sir, don�?Tt you understand?�?� the medic asked.

�?oyes, i understand, and you can operate with the magent, if you think that�?Ts best for me.�?� Borri answered giving up his last hope to escape the horrible fate of the magnet.

Two hours later the medic entered the room agian, but this time he was not alone.

He had brought another medic with him.

He was holding the magnet.

�?oborri!�?� the medic said.

�?ogrungi!�?� borri said.

�?owhere have you been up to since childhood?�?� grungi asked.

�?owell, i cetairnly haven�?Tt been up to the same you have been, looking at you.�?� Borri answered.

�?oyou have always been the better warrior, haven�?Tt you?�?� grungi asked looking at the armour on the chair.

�?owell, maybe, but you, you could always fix me up agian, you boozer!�?� borri accused

�?othat�?Ts why i�?Tm here, right?�?�

�?owell, let�?Ts get started, now that you seem to reconise each other.�?� The medic interrupted.

�?oyes, let�?Ts get started!�?�

�?owhen you feel pain, just say it, am i clear?�?� the medic asked while putting the magnet on the thanes leg.

�?oyou�?Tre clear.�?� Borri answered.

The medic moved the magnet over the thanes leg carefully.

�?oAARRG!�?� the thane screamed when the magnet had reached his knee.

�?oare you ok?�?� Grungi asked.

�?oi�?Tm fine as long as you keep that magnet away from my knee!�?� the thane yelled.

�?owell, at least we�?Tre sure where the metal is, right?�?� the medic said.

�?oyes, I think everyone here knows, and the rangers probably know it too now.�?� Grungi yoked.

�?owrong moment for yokes.�?� Borri said.

�?owell, i think i�?Tll just get my knife and my bandages, and we�?Tll start operating!�?� the medic said, smiling.

After a while the medic and Grungi returned to the chamber where Borri was lying holding his knife in his left hand, and holding the bandages in the other.

The operation began.

During the operation borri screamed and cursed his worst curses, constantly saying things like:�?�if i could walk then…�?� and sortlike things, but both the medic and Grungi didn�?Tt experience anything new, they where used to it.

But borri wasn�?Tt, and by the end of the operation he was hoarse.

But there was an upside: the pain in his leg was over.

Know your place & walking and training

�?ohow could he even think of sending me there?!�?� Khatann yelled while still holding the knife in his hand.

�?oaiding goblins! what a disgraise!�?� he yelled.

He reached the door and immediatly opened it.

�?ohow can you do this?!�?� he screamed at his master, holding the letter right in front of him and the dagger hidden behind it.

�?owhy?, i tell you, why do you send me there?!�?�

�?owell, because it�?Ts very important that the drarfs won�?Tt reclaim that hold, you see?�?� Khorahk answered.

�?oyes, i understand, but why me and my soldiers?!�?� he said while approaching his master.

�?owhy us?�?�

�?obecause you needed a punishment, and a punishment it is.�?� His master said.

�?othis isn�?Tt a punishment, this is suicide!�?� the warlord acussed.

�?oit�?Ts not suicide, unless you�?Tre not strong enough.�?� Khorahk said.

�?oI am strong enough, but…�?�

�?ostop! You are leaving tomorrow and that�?Ts that.�?� The wise sorcerer ordered.

�?othen there is only one thing that lasts me.�?� The warlord said while pulling out his dagger.

But before his dagger was even close to the sorcerer, he was blown back by a heavy ball of fire.

His face incinerated.

He fell to the ground and closed his eyes.

The first thing he saw when he opened is eyes agian was the roof from the medical building.

�?oyou�?Tre heavely wounded, my master.�?� Someone in the room said.

He couldn�?Tt see who or where that person was, because he wasn�?Tt able to turn his head, but he thought it was a slave promoted to work at the medic�?Ts.

�?oI know.�?� The burned warlord answered.

�?oand it hurts really bad.�?� He added.

�?opossible, but you got to stand up, my master. Their waiting for you at the gates.�?�

Khatann tried to stand up, and after a couple of tries, he even succeeded.

�?othe gates are this way, my master.�?� The slave said pointing his hand at the door.

�?oI know.�?� The warlord answered.

He only nearly managed to reach the gates, and once there, was exhausted.

�?oKhorahk told us what happened.�?� Zhadrahk said.

�?obut why are we here? Where are we going?�?� he asked the warlord.

�?owe�?Tre going to Karak eight peaks, sadly.�?� He answered while putting on his mask.

�?owhat?! That�?Ts suicide!�?�

�?othat�?Ts what I tried to tell him, and you can see what happened. He told me it�?Ts my punishment.�?�

�?oso, if i�?Tm right, we�?Tre ALL leaving for a suicide mission because YOU need to be punished?!�?� Zhadrahk asked.

�?oyes, indeed we are.�?� Khatann said ending the conversation.