[Archive] The Mad Hatter

Old Painless:

Here are some dwarfs I’m working on at the moment.

I have wanted to do this for years. A wizard with a wizard tower as a hat! I intend to make some kind of crown to go around the base of the tower out of GS, and was planning to use the arm from a pink horror in place of his existing left arm to cling onto his mount (I don’t know what this will be yet) in a kind of magic rodeo style.

If your carfull enough you can reuse the removed hats. I dont mind basic troops being the same model, but think command etc should all be different (unless there twins!?) So I reused the Lords hat on my second drummer.

Hope you like them.

Vash:

that looks awesome, where did the wizard tower come from?

Hazkar:

interresting idea

its always cool to see something new

hope to see it finished soon

Warhammerman:

Very unique and interesting idea. Well done too, might I add.

Old Painless:

that looks awesome, where did the wizard tower come from?

Vash
Its the Wizards Tower from old Mighty Empires. I think you can still pick them up on ebay for about £10. I filed the scenery part from the bottom until it fitted nicely.

I'm glad you like it. This site is really encouraging me to get back into modelling.

Willmark:

Just when you thought hats couldn’t get any more weird! :wink:

Vash:

ok, it looks good. and it’s good to see more people moddelling. this site is also helping me continu my chaosdwarf army

Border Reiver:

Good parts switch and it looks good.

Nothing like seeing simple conversions done well.

Kera foehunter:

nicely done i love the hats now you need to make the mega hat !!!

Warhammerman:

There needs to be a chaos dwarf king with a hat at least 10 feet tall. haha, nothing signifies power like a big hat, axe, and a cool beard.

Old Painless:

There needs to be a chaos dwarf king with a hat at least 10 feet tall.  haha, nothing signifies power like a big hat, axe, and a cool beard.

Warhammerman
That sounds like a challenge to me. I will start searching eBay for a suitable donor!