[Archive] The Milk of Hashut!� � (Taurus?)

Glimpse the Void:

I’ll begin with an apology if this thread is going strong elsewhere, I ran a search and didn’t see it in the first few pages and didn’t want to get blasted for necroing.

Question:  What are the modeling options for putting a Chaos Dwarf on a Great Taurus?  To ask a 2nd, and legally separate question, do any of you know of a suitable “evil dwarf” on something that I may be interested in using to replace it.  I’ve the lord converted already, i’m asking specifically about the beast here.

I know that they are finecasting one now, and that the old Taurus is available through ebay.  I just wanted to pick your collective brain and find out what kinds of options I’ve not heard about yet.

This is suddenly important to me, because my FLGS is running an annual tourney called dragon wars.  The scoring is entirely based on killing and wounding the opponents dragon .  I plan on putting a Bada$$ on top of a strength 6 Taurus and let them tag team the enemy dragon when my own dragon (each army is given a dragon) finds it’s way into combat.

Thanks in advance,

Glimpse

wallacer:

I think Reaper miniatures make something called a “Krung Beast” which would make a passable Taurus if you converted it to have some wings.

[edit] This figure:

You could also just buy the Bale Taurus from WF and convert that to have a CD figure on top of it?

Glimpse the Void:

Definite potential, I’ll have to price one.

wallacer:

US$24.99, not including shipping.

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/krung/latest/14139

lostmember:

http://www.amazon.com/Warlord-Krung-Beast-RPR-14139/dp/B000PJ3Q7A

Cheaper here.

Glimpse the Void:

US$24.99, not including shipping.
http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/krung/latest/14139

wallacer
Thanks, I had checked it out. I thought it was funny seeing the banner that advetised free shipping on orders of $25 or more. All in all, its pretty diesel, but GW's Taurus is $35, with no conversion of the wings required. If money and time were unlimited, I'd have to think about it just cause it looks pretty sweet.

gIL^:

i prefer this, Just seems really awesome, big wings on that and walla.
http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/bull/sku-down/03208

GRNDL:

What does this have to do with milk?

tjub:

What does this have to do with milk?

GRNDL
Yea, the milk of a bull... ehrm...:o

Nicodemus:

The milk of chaos dwarf kindness?

Glimpse the Void:

I’ve heard the Taurus described as a flying cow, and the idea of someone milking it makes me laugh.

I looked at the model on reaper, apparently it comes on a 2 inch base.  Do you guys think it’ll be large enough?

EDIT: Oh, and man do I wish I could afford something like the bale Taurus but my hobby funds are not enough cover something like that. Not in time for dragon wars at least.

snowblizz:

Well, you can get the Scibor verison, the one WF copied when they made the Bale Taurus… :o;P for $49.99 from TheWarstore, 2-4 week delivery though (Neil probably doesn’t have them in stock).

Rather cheaper than the WF version, though much smaller I think.

As a stop-gap I’d say the “real” Taurus isn’t that bad really. If you got to have one quick.

wallacer:

I looked at the model on reaper, apparently it comes on a 2 inch base.  Do you guys think it'll be large enough?

Glimpse the Void
I own a Krung Beast and it is about the same size as the old Taurus model (slightly bigger I think from memory, not counting the wings obviously).

Can't compare it to the new Tauruses as I don't own one yet.

Glimpse the Void:

I own a Krung Beast and it is about the same size as the old Taurus model (slightly bigger I think from memory, not counting the wings obviously).

Can't compare it to the new Tauruses as I don't own one yet.

wallacer
Thanks for that, as it's really helpful to hear. I may just go this way if I can find an easy enough way to sculpt the wings or cheap enough pair.

As far as the size of the new vs. the old, I am all but positive that the new finecast is just a recasting of the old model.

I'm gonna punish some dragons so bad.....

Abecedar:

@ Wallacer.   Thanks for that, I have one and never knew its name.   (Its planned to be a taurus (if ever allowed or a great taurus with some wings I have)

@ glimpse.   For Info on the krung beast.  ( sorry but has to be a description as camera stuff is dicey at the moment )

1.  to face forward I had to put it on a 40 x 50 mm base to fit its chin at the front edge,  the horns protrude about 15mm further
2.  the flat top of a plastic big-hat warrior’s hat is level with the top of its waist, the tip of his axe point at the top of its spine
     and his mouth at about its brow-line’s level
3.  the gap between its horns is 20mm at the tips which sit 5mm above ground level, outside of the horns is 30mm
4.  its shoulders are 25mm wide.  That makes them 5mm wider that a 4th ed. taurus.
5.  It is a fraction longer, approx’ 7mm in the body
6.  (posed) from rear of GW taurus model its nose reaches to the front of the reapers horns base in the skull
7.  Posed as they are “built” the GW taurus’s shoulders are level with the tops of the reaper krung’s

and… the 4th Ed. sorcerer or Lord sits on its waist as well as it sits on the GW taurus’s neck
8.  So overall the reaper is a bit longer and far bulkier and heavier set that the GW taurus
9.  the reaper photo doesn’t show it very well but it has real nice lower jaw tusks just like the big-hats (and looks grumpy)

Glimpse the Void:

Thanks for that description! I think I’ll try and grab one and slap some wings on it from Horde of bits. I’m thinking perhaps the Chimera or Black Dragon wings. The demon prince wings seem like they’d be to small. Anybody got thoughts?

wallacer:

I bought my Krung beast to convert to a Taurus, but since I already own 2 Tauruses, soon to be 3, it seems kind of redundant now.

I might use it as a terrain piece or have it pulling some artillery or something.

Glimpse the Void:

It would be pretty rad as terrain. Something else it could pull might be a gigantic slave pin with some suckers behind the bars.

Abecedar:

yeh, I now have two Gt’s and two lammasu’s but still have hopes for a ground based taurus as a mount and rhe krung would be too small to use as a Bale Taurus wou;dn’t it?

wallacer:

yeh, I now have two Gt's and two lammasu's but still have hopes for a ground based taurus as a mount and rhe krung would be too small to use as a Bale Taurus wou;dn't it?

Abecedar
Yes, I think it would be too small for a Bale Taurus, although that's only going from my impressions of the size of the BT on the website.

When I get home i'll try to take a photo of the Krung Beast and old Taurus next to each other.