[Archive] The Ogre's Horde

Ogre_Mage:

As mentioned in the introduction thread I do have around 2000 points of infantry painted atm, I’ve been using the Indy GT book, so I also have a Eruption Gun completed too.

Here are the completed models as of 4/20/2011 (I don’t have room to set them up and take pics atm, I was taking care of my parents at the time of the pics). I’ve got 20 more warriors with great weapons, 12 more with sword and board (BfSP models), and 25 more Annihilators completed now.

For the sword and board models in the pic I was aiming for a Chaos Armour full plate instead of the standard scale, I use them as Obsidian Guard.

[align=center]2017 Image Salvage

[/align]

Ogre_Mage:

Current Works:

Pegasus Knight Lammasu - need to make horns that don’t look terrible.

Great Taurus - Ready for painting. Using the Stag as a base, then slightly trimmed spare wings from my Chaos Daemon Princes. Have a 2nd one I’m debating using for my wood elf army.

Inferno Golems (x6) - At my local Pharmasave I found some transformer toys, their heads and arms move, super-glued them into place and am paiting one right now.

Daemon Eaters (x3) - Malakai Makaisson’s Goblin Hewer with repositioned axes and more axes, will use wheels from TK charriots(MS Paint concept pic included below)

Bull Centaurs (3 complete, up to 5 more based on how I feel about the first couple)- Found some plastic animals at my local dollar store, removed heads and adding torsos, then using spare dwarf bitz for head/arms.

Glimpse the Void:

I like that you went with the lava effect for bases, that’s different.

Loki:

Great start to the army , great work on the lava bases as well , i like your concept for the Daemon eaters will be good to see it made up :slight_smile:

Waste Rider:

Nice approach to CDs, Ogre Mage. I really like the lava bases also, dry brushing out from the “flow” looks good,

wonder what paint (colors) you use? Cool symbols on the shields :smiley:

Great taurus sounds like a really good conversion idea BTW.

Ogre_Mage:

Nice approach to CDs, Ogre Mage. I really like the lava bases also, dry brushing out from the "flow" looks good,
wonder what paint (colors) you use? Cool symbols on the shields :D

Great taurus sounds like a really good conversion idea BTW.

Waste Rider
For the most part I follow the steps in the Word of Hashut #2. The main difference is that I couldn't get the gravel that they say to use, so I went with 4 layers of black sand then barab black wash to remove the shine.

Here is some pics of the wings for the Great Taurus:

Waste Rider:

For the most part I follow the steps in the Word of Hashut #2. The main difference is that I couldn't get the gravel that they say to use, so I went with 4 layers of black sand then barab black wash to remove the shine.

Ogre_Mage
Right on :D thanks for the tip! The GT you have there will look awesome painted up in a red or black scheme. Good parts.