[Archive] The one beverage you can't do without

Willmark:

I’ll start: Even with the fact that I’d be very sad if I had no beer or ale I’d have to go with Mountain Dew.

How about you?

RoguePanda:

Hmmm… I might sound wierd for saying this but - black tea! I simply can’t manage to get through the day without pints of the stuff! Although I would definately miss things like “Hobgoblin” ale and stuff, it’s simple tea for this Panda - but then, I am British and I was reading somewhere we have a national obsession with the stuff :cheers

Bloodfire:

Just finishing uni, I would say that I couldn’t live without any form of beer/wine (anything but blonde though) although my personal favorite, something I would never exist without is good old Black Sheep ale, can’t get enough of the stuff :hat off

Thorne:

a drink I couldnt live without… Tricky as there are so many I like but i would have to say coffee, I know sad huh but Its true. Coffee is a bone of contention with my wife and I as she is repulsed by even the smell. But my coffee always comes from starbuck’s and i always drink filter coffee and no other instant can live up to it. Without my 3 cups I cannot function sad huh ?

snowblizz:

a drink I couldnt live without... Tricky as there are so many I like but i would have to say coffee, I know sad huh but Its true. Coffee is a bone of contention with my wife and I as she is repulsed by even the smell. But my coffee always comes from starbuck's and i always drink filter coffee and no other instant can live up to it. Without my 3 cups I cannot function sad huh ?

Thorne
Starbucks... that's not coffee. No way.
I'm not sure what I'd pick. I like my coffee and my tea.

At the end I'd probably have to go with milk.

SteveM:

Water of course, can’t live without it.

The only contender to water for me is Diet Coke.  I can’t stand the smell of coffee or the taste of it, tea, beer, or wine.  I never claimed to be normal.

black hammer:

SteveM stole my answer. You literally can’t live without water. Besides, Caffine makes me way to jittery (I think it has a stronger effect on me than most people). Soda rots your bones and kills your athletic ability and I’ve never even tried alcohol.

AGPO:

Bloodfire - good call mate, Black Sheep is a very fine ale indeed, I’ve got a bottle of it looking at me from across my room saying "drink me, drink me."

As a bartender I’ve got many favourites, so I’m going to kop out and say I would need quality spirits. Purgutory for me would be cheap booze

nitroglysarine:

I’m weird, i hate coffee.

however Relentless is a great pick me up, and they have just started doing a condensed ‘shot’ they are tasteless, but potent!

I’m a fan of Earl Grey (i’ll get my coat…)

As for alcoholic beverages, i’m a fan of Greengoblin Cyder, Thatchers Katy and Thatcher rum barrel matured Cyder.
oh yeahhhhhhhh…

starscream:

I like my lager (drinking Coors Light at the mo) but my favorite tipple is Jack Daniels.

Quite partial to a Strongbow on a sunny day and non-alcoholic wise like every good Englishman I love my tea.

Bloodfire:

Bloodfire - good call mate, Black Sheep is a very fine ale indeed, I've got a bottle of it looking at me from across my room saying "drink me, drink me."

AGPO
When beer starts doing that, you better do what it says :P
Best time with a bottle of Black Sheep I had was after a long, hard and wet day of archaeological excavating, I spent an hour in the bath with a flask of tea, a mass of crackers and pate and a couple of black sheep ales, that was sheer bliss after working through a storm with only a thin jumper on (wasn't really that cold, just wet) :D

Captain Crayon:

Beer :slight_smile:

specifically fourex gold.

om nom nom.

Or pepsi max. i literally start the day with one.

cornixt:

I drink water most of the day. Other than beer, I like sweet white wines and vodka. Then there is ginger ale.

Border Reiver:

Black coffee - i’d miss beer, ale, lager, porters, etc. But I really like my coffee.

Ogrob:

Water.

I don’t drink anything out of coffe, coke, wine, beer or tea. I dislike most soda type drinks.

Just recently broke my chocholate milk habit :stuck_out_tongue:

For the longest time, I thought I’d grow up evntually, but now that I’m in uni, I’ve given up on that thought.

Thorne:

Starbucks... that's not coffee. No way.
I'm not sure what I'd pick. I like my coffee and my tea.
At the end I'd probably have to go with milk.

snowblizz
I think you missunderstand me its purely the coffee beans I buy from starbucks and grind them when I get home. I rarely buy a stupidly named coffee from there if truth be told plain black strong coffee !

BilboBaggins:

Mountain Dew would top my list but Hanks root beer and Black Cherry Whisnak (Philly area drink) would be near the top.

Zanko:

My favourite drink is Liefmans Kriek a special belgium cherry beer!

This beer is here in Germany very rare and difficult to buy!

IMO it´s the best beer in the world … and I drunk much different beers in my life!

:hashut

Kawazu:

First of all, coffee. That’s my fuel. Being a student, and quite near to the grade, I need tanks of it x.x

Otherwise, beer! Belgian beer is a sweet drug, if it wouldn’t be that expensive I will have it IV.

Also, that ubersweet mead served at the Wacken festival, Germany, was something to fight for :cheers

Balseraph:

Tea, tea and once more… Black tea :slight_smile: Day without black tea is wasted day…

And from alcohols… beer called Żubr. In english will be … Bison :slight_smile: