[Archive] THE PLEDGE MMXI: Sign up here!

AGPO:

It’s nearly 2011 and [/b]

Last year, we ran The Pledge MMX to encourage people to get more miniatures painted in 2010. In the new year the pledge will be back, and this time it’s going to be better than ever.

Many hobbyists suffer from PMAS (Plastic and Metal Aquisition Syndrome). This condition leads to a heap of half built minis and starts of different armies amassing in your hobby space with no sign of ever being completed. The aim of the pledge is to help you turn that heap into a fully painted collection for gaming or display that you can be proud of. You’ll do so with the support of your fellow collectors here on CDO.

For [/b][/color] as in previous years, members will be asked to keep track of their painting progress in their signature, under the heading of The Pledge. However, this time I’m asking pledgers to come up with specific goals to post in the thread. This could be anything, but I’ll list some examples below:

“In 2011, I pledge to paint 100 miniatures”

“In 2011, I pledge to completely paint a 2,000pt Chaos Dwarf Army”

" In 2011, I pledge to paint more miniatures than I buy"

“In 2011, I pledge to finally finish my 60 strong hobgoblin unit”

“In 2011, I pledge to finish converting the unit of dragon ogres sitting on my desk”

"In 2011, I pledge to create a painting blog and update it with new material at least once a month"

Your goal can be as ambitious as you like, and tailored to fit your free time. The only conditions are that the pledge must be painting or modelling related, and it must include a clear goal. It can be for any army, for any system. If you succeed, you’ll get a nice shiney signature banner or medal for your efforts. However, if you fail, you will bare the signature of shame for the rest of the year. Think of it as a little added incentive! :wink:

To enter simply fill out and re-post the pledge form at the bottom of this post in the thread below:

The Pledge
I, [insert user name] hereby enter into The Pledge MMXI. I pledge to [insert personal goal], to keep a record of my progress in my signature, and to report back in a year’s time with the evidence that I have completed my vow.

I pledge to attempt to complete this goal to the best of my ability, and to support my fellow participants in their efforts. I recognise that, should I fail, I will wear the signature of shame for the duration of 2012, or until my pledge is complete.

[/b][/color]

Grimstonefire:

I, Grimstonefire hereby enter into The Pledge MMXI. I pledge to paint more than I did in 2010, to keep a record of my progress in my signature, and to report back in a year’s time with the evidence that I have completed my vow.

I pledge to attempt to complete this goal to the best of my ability, and to support my fellow participants in their efforts. I recognise that, should I fail, I will wear the signature of shame for the duration of 2012, or until my pledge is complete.

Praise Hashut! Long Live Chaos Dwarf Online!

For my own reference:

Monsters and War machines count as 5

Ogre sized counts as 3

Cavalry count as 2

Infantry count as 1

Blue in VT:

:hat off

I, Blue in VT hereby enter into The Pledge MMXI. I pledge to Complete the painting of my MM90’s in 2011, to keep a record of my progress in my signature, and to report back in a year’s time with the evidence that I have completed my vow.

Cheers,

Blue

AGPO:

Cheers Grim, that’s our first pledge. I’ll be making mine tomorrow night once I work out just what I have unpainted.

Redhammer:

I, Redhammer hereby enter into The Pledge MMXI. I pledge to paint more models than I buy, to keep a record of my progress in my signature, and to report back in a year’s time with the evidence that I have completed my vow.

dncswlf:

The Pledge Wrote:

I, dncswlf hereby enter into The Pledge MMXI. I pledge to Paint at least 150 miniatures with individual profiles, to keep a record of my progress in my signature, and to report back in a year’s time with the evidence that I have completed my vow.

Abecedar:

I, Abecedar hereby enter into The Pledge MMXI. I pledge to In 2011, I pledge to paint more miniatures than I buy, to keep a record of my progress in my signature, and to report back in a year’s time with the evidence that I have completed my vow.

Praise Hashut! Long Live Chaos Dwarf Online![/quote]

sparrow:

The Pledge

I, Sparrow hereby enter into The Pledge MMXI. I pledge to finish making my 2000 point army including 2 50 man hobgoblin units and to have at least 1000 points painted, to keep a record of my progress in my signature, and to report back in a year’s time with the evidence that I have completed my vow.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I, Hashut’s Blessing hereby enter into The Pledge MMXI. I pledge to have a higher score than last year, worked out by models painted, minus models bought and to keep a record of my progress in my signature, and to report back in a year’s time with the evidence that I have completed my vow.

Hashut’s Blessing:

I, Hashut’s Blessing hereby enter into The Pledge MMXI. I pledge to have a higher score than last year, worked out by models painted, minus models bought and to keep a record of my progress in my signature, and to report back in a year’s time with the evidence that I have completed my vow.

AGPO:

I, AGPO hereby enter into The Pledge MMXI. I pledge to completely paint ten full units and three greater daemons during 2011, to keep a record of my progress in my signature, and to report back in a year’s time with the evidence that I have completed my vow.