[Archive] The Rarest CD Model?

Pyro Stick:

When you start to think about the question “What is the rarest chaos dwarf model?” most of you will automatically think of the Ass Cannon as it was an unreleased model. Well its definately rare and even rarer to find it complete with its pile of cannon balls, but i dont think its the rarest. If you have enough money then its easy enough to get hold of. Some of you will then think of the CD-A and CD-B models but those models are almost always on ebay. Others will think of the Juggernaut and then you will be getting closer. Bits for the juggernaut seem to be everywhere and its also easily available if you have enough money. Me and Clam were talking about the juggernaut yesterday and then it dawned on us that the rarest chaos dwarf model isnt the ass cannon, juggernaut, mm90’s etc but its Boar Centaur Torso 3! When you think about it you realise its true. Juggernaut auctions are missing it a lot of the time and i have never seen it come up on ebay on its own before (that i can remember). I got my one on ebay but it was hidden in an auction with a Tenderiser so no one saw it. Some of you might think that the Martin Footit sculpt is rarer but ive seen that on ebay much more than i have seen the Boar Centaur Torso 3. So congratulations to those that own a boar centaur torso 3 as it is, imho, the rarest chaos dwarf model.

Loki:

Great research Pyro i will have to keep my eyes open for one :slight_smile:

Ancient History:

Didn’t Thommy H post a thread way back when about an uber-rare bull centaur variant, which we concluded had been unreleased or summat?

Willmark:

Interesting hypothesis Pyro and good job researching it

However :slight_smile: off the top of my head some of the early 1st/2nd edition ones might be even harder to find. This is just off the top of my head thinking about it. My reasoning is timeframe a good chunk of those ceased production prior to 1985. A fair amount were made, but not as many are around anymore. Sure they come up on eBay

Again this is speculation on my part.

Pyro Stick:

Didn't Thommy H post a thread way back when about an uber-rare bull centaur variant, which we concluded had been unreleased or summat?

Ancient History
Me and clam were talking about that thread yesterday lol. But that was a Bull Centaur, not a Boar Centaur and i thought you had concluded that it was a Conversion by Gareth Hamilton?

clam:

Can’t be that much of a surprise, but I agree with Pyro, that torso is just damn hard to find, but I will find it eventually. I’m sure I will.

Didn’t Thommy H post a thread way back when about an uber-rare bull centaur variant, which we concluded had been unreleased or summat?

Ancient History
Yes he did - here: http://www.chaos-dwarfs.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=2554

- but pictures are all gone

That would be this one, right?

Credits: Gareth Hamilton

In my eyes a conversion - a good one, but still just a conversion.

Bull Centaur with axe #1 torso - and a Hero with Axe #2 hat

And why I’m convinced of that?

Because I traded for this :

- something like 1½ year ago.

And after one night in acetone - it looked like this:

Those Big Hats must have come cheep, when this was made, though. A conversion like this could easily cost you £20+ today :~
However :slight_smile: off the top of my head some of the early 1st/2nd edition ones might be even harder to find. This is just off the top of my head thinking about it. My reasoning is timeframe a good chunk of those ceased production prior to 1985. A fair amount were made, but not as many are around anymore. Sure they come up on eBay

Willmark
Could you be a bit more specific - what models? I find this subject rather interesting, so I would really like hear more about this hypothes.

Zanko:

It’s funny that I have the rarest CD but still search for a less rare MM90 CD! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:hashut

Thommy H:

Ah, so the “Bull Centaur Lord” was a conversion after all. That said, it’s a conversion that people seem to have done multiple times, completely independently. It appeared in the GW studio army, in Gareth Hamilton’s army, and twice on eBay that I know of. It seems strange that people would convert the same figure the same way so many times.

the black dwarf:

hate to be the bearer of bad news but boar centaur 3 torso isnt that rare no were near as rare as the ass canaon they were boar centaur 3 cast just as many times and as long as the juggernaut pieces very hard to find yes but not as hard to find as the ass cannon sure it doesnt come up on ebay much and yes alot of them got separarted from the juggernaut but just as many were cast im working on trying to get two of them off a freind at the moment he got them in a pile of citadel minis 1984 - 1990 of ebay and yes clam the other is going to you just getting the minis he wants now and hopefully will have them by this weekend some of the 1985 chaos dwarfs imo would be rarer because some of those moulds were damaged early on in the piece and changed varients,varients,varients some of them very very low numbers

the black dwarf:

come to think about it tounge poking chaos hell cannon???

mattbird:

wow. that’s just about the longest sentence ever.

:wink:

hate to be the bearer of bad news but boar centaur 3 torso isnt that rare no were near as rare as the ass canaon they were boar centaur 3 cast just as many times and as long as the juggernaut pieces very hard to find yes but not as hard to find as the ass cannon sure it doesnt come up on ebay much and yes alot of them got separarted from the juggernaut but just as many were cast im working on trying to get two of them off a freind at the moment he got them in a pile of citadel minis 1984 - 1990 of ebay and yes clam the other is going to you just getting the minis he wants now and hopefully will have them by this weekend some of the 1985 chaos dwarfs imo would be rarer because some of those moulds were damaged early on in the piece and changed varients,varients,varients some of them very very low numbers

the black dwarf

Pyro Stick:

the black dwarf
Imo the boar torso 3 is still rarer. This year ill keep track of how many Ass Cannons come up on ebay compared to the number of boar centaur 3 torso's. Which of the 1985 models are rarer? Could you post some pics?
come to think about it tounge poking chaos hell cannon?????????????????????????????????????

the black dwarf
Thats a chaos model though, not a chaos dwarf model.

the black dwarf:

part of a model (boar centaur 3) why dont you see how many (cannon balls )or how many (juggernaut cannons )come up on ebay instead yeah matt didnt no i was being marked on my posts havent been at school for something like 20years;) so i suppose if only a part of a model counts yeah i suppose boar centaur 3 is rare…

Thommy H:

Wouldn’t that make you at least 36?

the black dwarf:

yep bingo you got it brother :slight_smile:

snowblizz:

part of a model (boar centaur 3) why dont you see how many (cannon balls )or how many (juggernaut cannons )come up on ebay instead yeah  matt  didnt no i was being marked on my posts havent been at school for something like 20years;) so i suppose if only a part of a model counts yeah i suppose boar centaur 3 is rare............

the black dwarf
It's incredibly difficult to read when it lacks punctuation and capitalisation.

While I hope we never get as particular as some places regarding this I do think it is common courtesy to make your posts legible to others.

the black dwarf:

Hahahahahaha im sorry hahahahahahahahahaha no i mean it hahahahahahaha im sorry.

Thommy H:

Terrifying.

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

wallacer:

I would think the Speciality Set Chaos Dwarf would be right up there as well.

Kera foehunter:

Hahahahahaha im sorry hahahahahahahahahaha no i mean it hahahahahahaha im sorry.

the black dwarf
lol lol lol sorry lol lol no i mean it lol 36 year old :s