[Archive] The Raven Host

Dino:

@Hashut’s Blessing: Thx’s, not sure how i’d go over the top though.

@furrie: Thx.

@Viskar Zhragoth: Thx, and don’t worry more is definetly on the way.

@Cryonicleech: Thx.

@Kera foehunter: Thx.

I’ve got an update on my chaos warriors. Basicly they’re done.

I must say that i’m extreamly happy with them. Now all I need to do is get more warriors of chaos stuff like chaos knights, marauders, and chosen. But until that happens here’s the army shot.

Next up are two chaos spawn.

Cryonicleech:

Loving those warriors/Character man!

Quick Question, are you going to model Tchar’zanek as your lord/hero?? I would DIE to see that if you painted it.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Awesome thus far. I can’t wait to see the new models in your scheme and army. Fitting together nicely… Get another core unit first :wink:

Dino:

@Cryonicleech: Thx. I’ll definetlly be having Tchar’zanek in my army. Now the real question is weather it’ll be the next ten months or so.

@Hashut’s Blessing: I will get another core unit soon but I don’t have enough cash at the moment. And I also plan on getting my hands on the battalion set when it comes out.

Cryonicleech:

You should convert all the marauders to have mutated arms, to better tie it to WAR (just a suggestion though)

Dino:

That’s a definet yes, period. But it’ll require GS and marauders, niether of wich I have at the moment.

Dino:

Sorry for the wait on this log but had some other stuff i’ve been doing(Warhammer Online being on of the culprets) so here what i’m working on at the moment.

First up are Chaos Spawn.

The left one is kinda based on a tzeentch horror I saw. Got lots to do on the shadow grey/whote and some more to do on the blue areas. Don’t get ne started on the claws. The right one just needs the claws, feathers, and spikes painted and it’s finished.

Now here’s what i’m building/converting at the moment wich is really exciting for me at the moment. Chaos Knights.

Cut away most of the unwanted undivided symbols that I wanted to get ride of on the steeds and will GS the mark of Tzeentch on in their place along with raven heads and feathers. The knights will also have the same treatment but they’ll also get back banners and cloacks.

A freindly hobby tip from Dino: If ever you plan on cutting something of a plastic of metal miniature I would suggest using a dremel instead of a hobby nife unless it’s just to clean up or else this might happen to you.

Not fun.

Will be back with more later next week. Gotta go play Warhammer online soon.

GRNDL:

These models are looking really sweet. I’ve always had a soft spot for tzeentch but never had the fortitude to follow through in an army. I tried twice - once with 40k Thousand Sons and once with Tzeentch Chaos Beasts, but both attempts ended pretty quickly. I did do a bang up Ahriman, even if I do say so myself. The pristine paint job reinforces Tzeetch’s sophistication, IMO.

Nice work!

re: Dremels/rotary tools over knives

I second this. I couldn’t do my hobby without a Dremel - it makes life so much easier and safer. But be careful with the cutting wheels. The ceramic ones shatter and fragment pretty horribly and you’ll end up with worse cuts than the one in your photo. I’d recommend getting a metal cutting wheel (looks like a metal disc with a saw tooth edge) - its more durable, will not fragment or shatter and will eat through pretty much anything. I got one to use on my WWI inspired Imp Guard army for sectioning metal horse corpses and it did a great job - safely. The only downside to it is that the disc is pretty thick compared to the cutting wheels (about 1mm to the cutting wheels 0.2-0.3) and the volume it cuts through will be annihilated, so your resulting bits and pieces will be smaller than you expect. Its ok if you can compensate for it, but if you need two perfect halves, its probably not what you need. If you can live with losing 1mm of model, then I’d suggest it.

Viskar Zhragoth:

Dremel’s: I too use it, but be careful, you can cut yourself with it even easier than a knife. And I use the flexishaft, which is great, but the rotation (for me being right handed) can fling stuff towards you if you are not careful…You should always use some safety goggles when using the cutting wheel. One of the teeth on the wheel can break off…I KNOW someone (not heard of but actually know) who had a bit fly off a model and imbed in his eye. It was not fun and hurt his eye big time. SAFTEY MESSAGE OVER.

Ont he models: Love the spawns…can;t wait to see them finished, thx for the pics, keep up the good work.

Hashut’s Blessing:

Looking brilliant and if ya hadn’t mentioned the unfinished nature of the spawn, I would’ve thought they were beautiful. They’ll be outstanding with the few bits finished!

Was wondering what ya planned for the characters?

Dino:

@GRNDL: Thx. I really like the Ahriman model. I’m thinking of grapping him for this army as a sorccerer lord and give him a disc.

@Viskar Zhragoth: Thx.

@Hashut’s Blessing: I hope they look good when done.

As to answer youre question I first of all have the one sorcerer. As for the other I got a exalted hero with two hand weapons in the process of having some stuff shaved of. Other then those two it’ll be a few more sorcerers(one or two on dics), daemon prince of tzeentch, and the chaos lord in Warhammer Online:Age of Reckonning.

Now for another update.

More work has been done on both spawn.

Spawn #1

The purple is done. Blue might get one or two more highlights. Obviously the shadow grey/white areas have yet to be finished.

Spawn#2

The model is done but for a few areas. The base is being worked on as I type.

Now for some individual shot of the chaos knight’s steeds.

As you can see been removing most of the undivided symbols and replacing them with tzeentch marks. Will start with the raven heads and feathers soon.

Last up is the start of my dragon ogres.

I’ll be going off this for the basic build: http://z9.invisionfree.com/Madhouse_Workshop/index.php?showtopic=99

Now all I have to do is get some cold ones.

PsychosisPC:

You’re definitely a busy young fella. :slight_smile: Good luck on the DO’s.

I like the colors on the warriors, but I think the metalics need some work to add some depth. They look really flat to me. A bit of blacklining/darklining whether with inks or paints would really improve the looks, by adding definition and depth.

Keep it up.

Dino:

Yes I am.

To be honest they have more depth than what is shown(its my camera and lighting I use). But I guess it couldn’t hurt to give it a try.

Godbob and his jolly rogers:

Yay am update

Looking good love the hole blue colour

And as for the DO I would of used a bigger dragon but that looks great

:hat off

Kera foehunter:

wow!!! you have to be carefull dino!! just be glade it just a mear flesh wound!!!

love the spawn and the chaos knights

Dino:

@Godbob and his jolly rogers: Thx. And if you know any other models for the dragon half i’d like to here it.

@Kera foehunter: No kidding. And thx.

Another update from your friendly dinosaur guy.

More work has been done on the spawn.

Spawn #1

Spawn #2

I will watch some anime tommarrow and hopefully finish them up tommarrow.

I’ve also have been doing work on the knights.

I’ll be doing a lot of work on them this comming weekend and will have pics this Monday.

Slavelord:

I’m loving the GS on the horses, very presise. You have ispired me to pick up on my Nurgley army.

Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

Kera foehunter:

wow thanks for showing the new chaos knight now you got me wanting some!!!

Offtopic : how many spawn do you get in a package

and do you get extra stuff to

thanks dino

Dino:

@Slavelord: Thx, but I think the GS could look better.

@Kera foehunter: Thx. And to answer your question the spawn come in two a box and come with tones of pitz. Youre note gonna use them all on the two they give becouse they’re so many.

Dino:

I’m proud to anounce that the spawn are finished.

Spawn#1

Spawn#2

And sence they are finished I can now show my army shot.

Next month will probably be chaos knights :smiley: .