[Archive] The Snowman's Blog [28/02 update] (weekend over)

Auretious Taak:

Snowman,

The Bolt Thrower, you need to mount the Hob Gob Crew onto cork as well to get them level with the machine, right now the scale seems horrendously out and as if the Hob Gobs can’t actually use the machine at all. I also think the Bolt the crew member is holding is a tad too short in relation to the Bolt thrower’s pull itself.

I LOVE the sorcerer with the skull masked face, that’s just hilarious as a model, most amusing indeedy I say.

The Lord is cool, simply converted and modelled and nice looking and the Bull Tauurs is amusing.

I am pinching your idea of using Black Orcs as the top half of Bull centaurs, though I shall go for the traditional bull bottom. What you’ve converted is more in line with dragon Ogres, though smaller to the Dragon Ogre Models of courrse, but a heck of a lot cheaper for a unit. :slight_smile: They look cool, but just don’t quite fit in with the flavour of the chaos dwarves IMHO how they are modelled right now.

Cheers mate keep it up,

Luke.

The Snowman:

Well it has been a while and there are a few more things done. I will try to get some pics up tomorrow.

I have completed one Bull Centaur model but am not sure if I like some aspects of it yet. The green stuff didn’t do what I wanted it to do and I ended up having to cover mistakes with things like shields and weapons.

I have chopped up a unit of 24 warriors ready to GS and attach marauder shields to. So not much to really see yet.

@Auretious Taak - I’ll get a pic up of the boltie and the crewman. The bolt he is holding is actually longer than the one on the machine. I know what you mean about not being able to reach the machine, but I am happy to have them on smaller bases (for the moment). All my foot troop units will be a mixture of flat and built up bases to get some variety out of the BfSP models. Plans may change though.

Pics up tomorrow…

Merchant:

Your characters a really cool my friend, I cannot waite to see some regiments - are you going to make some with great weapons???

The Snowman:

Ok… Just a few pics of current works in progress.

One of my bull centaurs… not totally happy with him, rushed a bit and had to cover a few mistakes up. would like to have more armour on the ‘bull’ half so he may change a little yet.

A small group of great weapon warriors. GS yet to be applied. I am still fiddling with the list to see if I can get these guys in.

A comparison of the bolt on the hobgob and the bolt in the thrower…

All for now

Warlord Ghazak Gazhkull:

Hello

great looking stuff, i’m looking forward to the next update

Greetz

G

The Snowman:

An update.

Things have been busy around here so I have had a break. The last two evenings I decided to just spend a few hours on the dwarf warriors. I managed to finish the front rank of one unit, the second rank has been started, only 45 more to go… then the Blunderbusses. I guess I won’t be showing many pics as I go as it will just get repetitive rank after rank, so this may be the last update for a while. However, I will post soon with pics of the whole army as they look now (Plastic and GS and BfSP dwarfy).

My CDs are VERY hairy… their beards are HUGE!.. they are almost as round as they are tall. I couldn’t get a mask style that I liked either so left them off… I may come back to that later. So… here are the pics.

Dino:

Nice sculpting. I really like how you made the scale armour go over the chainmail.

Canix:

Very nice CDs the sorcerers are great.Thats a bold move using cold ones as BCs the saddle area looks very dodgey and could perhaps do with GS armour to completely conceal this :hat

keep it up lets see some painting ,your VC have just teased us wondering what colour scheme you are going for;)

Kera foehunter:

great green stuff work !!

i love your style of bull centaur it kicks butt

Auretious Taak:

Those Warrors are awesome Snowman. The Beards suddenly made me think, well if Dwarfs all grow their beards long and Dwarf Longbeards are the ancient and venerable warriors of good dwarves, us Chaos Dwarves either grow facial hair way to fast or are really old and awesome! Nice armour sculpting and the Bull Centaur is only so so to my likes, but good anyways.

al-hashut:

Wow, Great job Snowman. Lots of original ideas and some nice, neat sculpting to boot. Waiting with anticipation to see more WiP’s and the painted pics.

wallacer:

The Bull centaur wouldn’t make a half bad Dragon Ogre.

The Snowman:

Finally an update.

Yes I�?Tm still alive, Yes I�?Tm working on the CD�?Ts, Yes I�?Tm incredibly tired and worn out after the arrival of our third boy over new year. (A different kind of Chaos Dwarf)

I went to our local club 3000pt tourney recently and needed to boost my army to that level. I did that by making another 2 bolties, a CD hero, another earthshaker and a Sorceror Lord. I came 31st but I did use my army unpainted and this cost me about 10 places out of the field of 36�?� however I did get 2 wins over the weekend which I was stoked about.

The new stuff.

New Earthshaker & crew

New sorcerer & CD hero. sorceror turning to stone and carried by a hobgob

New Bolt throwers (can be converted to cannons for a dwarf army)

A set of new plastic chaos hounds have arrived ready for me to convert to Hobgoblin wolfriders�?� just need gobo wolfrider kit.

How is the old stuff coming along?

Still no paint, so sorry to disappoint. I have completed the beards on all the warriors, 48 of them!!! I was going to start undercoating but am looking to complete masks on most of them before doing that.

Bull Centaurs will be getting plate armour to cover up the cold one saddles, and will look much better than my test model which is the BSB.

A whole army shot of what I have so far. New movement trays are included. Magnetic paint on balsa�?� rare earth magnets under the bases. Sticks the stunties on fine.

I am honestly looking forward to getting these models at least undercoated in the near future�?� which means all the greens need to be done. Looking forward to getting some new paints as well. In the back of my mind I am also thinking of making a few units from the �?onormal�?� dwarf list to fit the theme so I have some options when it comes to playing. The VC are well and truly on the shelf at this stage. I have 3 weeks until I can spend some quality time on these guys, till then I�?Tll just plod along�?�…Very dwarf like of me.

Ubertechie:

Wow that’s a great group shot - just by looking at the amount of green stuff used you get a real idea of the volume of work that has been put into them so far.

I am sure that once they are all painted up they will look even more impressive

Kera foehunter:

What a come back !!! Thanks very much for posting your cool army

Swissdictator:

I really like the different approach to Bull Centaurs. The Cold One bodies just make them look even more menacing and is a nice twist.

I agree with Ubertechie (surprise!) that group shot is very impressive and goes a long way to showing the work you put into it. It’s actually really motivating in that it encourages me to take my time and put that extra bit of sweat into it, as it will pay off BIG TIME when it comes to the big picture (pun might be intended).

Keep it up! I look forward to seeing them painted.

The Snowman:

An update finally�?� this one has been a long time coming… 48 warriors and 34 Blunderbuss (along with a few random hero and lord models). That is a lot of beards and masks, some of the masks look TERRIBLE!!! But I will bring the best ones to the front in future�?� not the guy in the front row with a pie on his face (yes that�?Ts him on the left of the shot).

Upon completing these I have started the undercoating�?� From my previous whole army shot I only have the great weapon warriors (10) and the Bull Centaurs (7 of, including hero) to go with the green stuff�?� my second earthshaker still needs a lot of work but it is not something I will use on most games.

Warriors including the �?opie�?� dwarf… mmmm blueberry!

Warriors unit 2

Blunderbuss 1

Blunderbuss 2

I would post some pics of them undercoated if I thought they would be any good. You will have to wait for a coat of paint before I post any new stuff.

Kera foehunter:

great up date i love the new blunderbusses !! great job on the masks

Dino:

Lots of very nice conversions here. Can’t wait to see them painted up.

The Snowman:

Not an update as such. I have been sidetracked a little by life away from hobbies (writing school reports) and to get back into the swing of things I put together a Blood Bowl team…having never played Blood Bowl before. Just have greenstuffing on the linemen to do … already have 2 BCs and 6 Hobgobs done ready for painting. I am hoping to get a game in soon so that I can adjust a list as necessary. Sorry no pics yet. will try to get them up soon.

My CD army project is still on the go… just have a few pieces to go on the modelling front then have to get a coat of paint on the little fellas, unfortunately no tourneys coming up soon that I can attend to get me to speed up a bit. Oh well … slow and steady…