[Archive] The start of a chaos dwarf army

bootboss:

Hey I recently decided to go with a chaos dwarf scheme for my dwarf army: The Start Of A Dwarf Army - The Forge - Bugmans Brewery - The Home for all Warhammer Dwarf Fans

There was a major shipping delay from wayland wich gave me alot of thinking time, wich made me realise that i couldnt go paint miniatures straight out of the box:o.

I really like the look of big hats therefor my army is with masks… I am probably going with hats for bosses. (Sorry Tjub;))

These a the heads i have sculpted and casted for my warriors, I promise some better pictures when I get them painted up

Just a quick wip pic of the first unit

Please let me know what you think

nitroglysarine:

I think they are great, awesome work on the casting, they seem to have come out very well.

Awesome!

Blue in VT:

:hat off

Welcome!! this is going to be a great thread to watch…seems like you are off to a good start!

Blue

BeeZharr:

These look really promising, can’t wait to see them painted.

vulcanologist:

Very Good start. I’m always impressed by people who can cast themselves!

Admiral:

A bit big mouths for my taste, but good sculpts nevertheless for the casts. With those Marauder shields they will look great.

Bassman:

Very Good start. I'm always impressed by people who can cast themselves!

vulcanologist
People that cast THEMSELVES?!?!  I'm impressed too! Ahahaha sorry I could not resist

Very promising start. Longing to see them painted.
Especially the Ogre-Obelix carrying a menhir
www.ludicer.it/immagini/Asterix-e...-sasso.jpg

tjub:

Looks like a great start, looking forward to the next update and hopefully some paint on them! :slight_smile:

Bolg:

love the masks! (and get painting!)

Abecedar:

casting stuff yourself and painting (looks great by the way) but I can’t find enough time to paint stuff other people make for me.

bootboss:

Thank you everyone!

This is the first time I have casted and I can really recommend doing it, it is worth all the pain in the end

Anyway I started painting today:

These are the only guys finished so far. I am pretty happy with the colour scheme but i am open to suggestions

Especially the Ogre-Obelix carrying a menhir

Bassman
Thanks I allways watched the cartoons as a kid

His left leg comes of as he counts as a standard bearer so he needs to be on a 20mm

Thats all for today keep the comments coming

Bolg:

These are the only guys finished so far. I am pretty happy with the colour scheme but i am open to suggestions

bootboss
Wow you are fast. really love the masks (and the orger conversion looks stunning.

I would suggest you do something more with the bases, maybe even a brighter colour, that will make you models stand out more.

good luck.

Admiral:

I like those. :slight_smile:

This message was automatically appended because it was too short.

Piachu:

Really great casts man !!!

Overall efect of your army should be great :hat off

I’ve got only one hint.

Next time try to remove all of the mold lines :idea

All in all, thumbs up !!! :slight_smile:

bootboss:

Once again thank you all the replies are really motivating me

Now i would have posted a pic of the 10 new models i have finished painting but I cant find the cable for my camera :mad

I would suggest you do something more with the bases, maybe even a brighter colour, that will make you models stand out more.

Bolg
You hit spot on there i havent really started basing yet, ok the one guy has a bit of sand on the base but thats because there is a giant footstep that goes over 3 bases in total of the unit… gotta take a pic of that.

But yes i have thought about finding something bright to contrast, back when I did the normal dwarfs a guy suggested flower tufts and I must admit I really still like the idea, allthougt its not that fitting for chaos dwarfs… What is your opinion on that matter my friend?
I’ve got only one hint.

Next time try to remove all of the mold lines :idea

Piachu
I knew someone would point it out! that mold line is so… ARGH! cant find word!

It is allmost impossible to see it in real life unless you have seen that picture, I first realised it after posting the pic, I think it is the light that makes it pop.:wink:

bootboss:

YA update time, I was bored so i made a little comic strip as an explainer for my lack of pictures recently:

Finished another 6 guys:

Hope you enjoyed see you later

bas_2312:

YA update time, I was bored so i made a little comic strip as an explainer for my lack of pictures recently:

bootboss
:D Classic ;p

I really like your style of Chaos Dwarfs. Simple but very chaosy. The masks remind me of Uruk-hai, which is pretty cool. And of course the paint job is awesome.

Looking forward to seeing the finished unit!

Admiral:

They’re looking good. Perhaps a bit strong verdigris on a little part of one axe (the leftmost figure in the bottom row). As for the comic strip, I think it captured my impression of Danish people most accurately. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Only kidding. I too like the Uruk-Hai style masks. Will you paint the eyes of the bare-faced ones? If so, normal eyes or glowing eyes?

bootboss:

:D Classic ;p

I really like your style of Chaos Dwarfs. Simple but very chaosy. The masks remind me of Uruk-hai, which is pretty cool. And of course the paint job is awesome.

Looking forward to seeing the finished unit!

bas_2312
Thanks man I am a big fan of your work to.
I didnt even realise that the Uruk-hai had the same masks I just tryed to make one that looked like the one from the hellcannon art in the chaso warrior army book
They're looking good. Perhaps a bit strong verdigris on a little part of one axe (the leftmost figure in the bottom row). As for the comic strip, I think it captured my impression of Danish people most accurately. ;P

Only kidding. I too like the Uruk-Hai style masks. Will you paint the eyes of the bare-faced ones? If so, normal eyes or glowing eyes?

Admiral
Thanks and yes i did go a little crazy with the blue on blue on some of the guys.
Oh so your swedish? my nemesis, well I guess I am a bit retardet, even by danish standards ;P
Actually I didnt sculpt any eyes but it certanly looks like they have some anyway... creepy, well I guess I have to paint them now (maybe glowy, maybe not)

bootboss:

Hey guys sorry for the slow progress all my comissions are holding me up, 36 beastigors finally done but there is alot more to go…

Well one of my comissions are interesting 2 chaos dwarfs from trollforged miniatures, I have done the mage priest thing so far.

My friend payed me for a decent leader type quality, I i think he got that.

Thats all for today, I am going to paint some zombies now just for the fun of it, cheers.