Okay I Play All of chaos
i need help killing the steam tank
i dont know what to throw at it
please help

Arlon
try looking at this thread from warseer, might get hit for trying it though lol

http://warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=132845

torn:

id try using some powerful magic, or hitting it with a bloodthirster. cant think what else regular chaos could do to it. CD’s could just RPG it to death . . .

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

id try using some powerful magic, or hitting it with a bloodthirster. cant think what else regular chaos could do to it. CD's could just RPG it to death . . .

torn
it would depend on what level your characters are on, i suppose you could tire the commander out if you have a late rpg session, and it would depend on the adventures you play :). if it works the aprentice engineer wont be able to drive/fire it without him

torn:

i meant RPG as in rocket propelled grenades, as in death rockts lol

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

lol

if playing as boc use morgur and lots of cheap units - he is the one who makes lots of spawn isnt he? - pop out spawn and mug it that way

dragon rider

hit it with trolls

hellcannon it

merc maneater ogres wit great weapons - st7 (messy)

Kera foehunter:

Get some homies and tank jack it!! or put a river in it way when you set up the board

torn:

Get some homies and tank jack it!! or put a river in it way when you set up the board

Kera foehunter
lol rivers is chaos' worst nightmare.

the steam tank commander will twiddle his mustache and then say 'ah ha, you lot stay there old boys while i just get the cannon loaded and my riflemen form up behind me, now thats a good chap.'

DARKTROOPER:

Lol yeah, send great weapons against it…my friend’s Bugman Ranger’s beat down my stank…took them awhile but they got the job done…

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

it is now official, all you have to do is engage it in combat and at the end it is immedietly destroyed, look at the new faqs on the canada site for it regarding warmachines

http://ca.games-workshop.com/news/news.htm

basicly a steam tank is a warmachine

it has no crew

if a warmachine is engaged in comat, it is destroyed at the end of the phase

Baggronor:

It can’t overrun so take the charge with some hounds, hopefully pass the terror check :), let them die and then send in the nasty troops next turn. A few rounds of great weapon hits and it won’t be that scary at all. After it takes 4 wounds or so, its effectiveness is severely depleted. Khorngor, Dragon Ogres, Chaos Lord on Dragon, Exalted Champions, Ogres, Minotaurs etc will all make a mess of it provided you get the charge. A unit or 2 of Ogres or Minotaurs is also much cheaper than the tank.

I usually run 2 Exalted Champions on steeds of Slaanesh in my HoC list: them and my Giant tear it to pieces.

AGPO:

When in doubt, ogres

minty:

it has no crew

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!
Not realy, as there only destroyed if they have none of there origonal crew left, and with origonal crew 0 (or the driver, who is a crewman and can fire, but cannot be harmed) it can't have none of it's origonal crew left:~

How I did it:
12 chosen/khorne warriors with great weapons. 13 S6 attacks will kill it swiftlym, for OTTness go for chosen khorne warriors instead

AGPO:

Shaagoth champion with mark of Slaanesh and great weapon. S7, always strikes first.

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!:

it has no crew

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!
Not realy, as there only destroyed if they have none of there origonal crew left, and with origonal crew 0 (or the driver, who is a crewman and can fire, but cannot be harmed) it can't have none of it's origonal crew left:~

How I did it:
12 chosen/khorne warriors with great weapons. 13 S6 attacks will kill it swiftlym, for OTTness go for chosen khorne warriors instead

minty
it is classified as a warmachine with no crew, and because it has no crew if engaged in combat it gets spiked, its one of those wierd things. there is a big discussion about the faqs on warseer at the moment

AGPO:

Because of course common sense is nothing in the face of the big red book

furrie:

it has no crew

This_Is_My_Boomstick!!

How I did it:

minty
choosen knights do it good all the time, just give them te mark of slaanesh and you don't have to worry about the terror:sick

Arlon:

12 CHOSEN KNIGHTS my word thats alot of points and they are better off other places the hellcannon worked just fine

minty:

I said warriors, the unit is in my HoC army anyway and is my main hammer which has been used to break throuhg the heart of many an enemy army

I don’t think furrie meat 12 knights though…

furrie:

I meant 5 choosen knights, 12 is a bit much, my 5 choosen knights slaugter a unit of 3 tomb king chariots in one round, the chariots didn’t had a changes :smiley: