[Archive] The stone curse... Or a great blessing?

Revlid:

Nice fluff Revlid, though why would he melt down statues to Hashut?  I know it would seem to make it holy, but it seems disrespectful.  I would melt down captured dwarf warmachines! :)

Grimstonefire
Eh. I'm sure Hashut approves of recycling. It's not as though the statues are destroyed, they're just being made into another, bigger statue. Which is daemon-possessed and smashes whole regiments beneath its hooves.

I'm pretty sure the last part would win his approval, if nothing else.

TwilightCo:

[/quote]

Eh. I’m sure Hashut approves of recycling.

Revlid:

Aside from that.  Where did the fluff come from?  Was it and original or from some novella? I tend to avoid most of GWs WHFB books as I'm a bit of a book snob. :cheers

TwilightCo
Typed it up on the spur of the moment. You enjoy?

TwilightCo:

Typed it up on the spur of the moment. You enjoy?

Revlid
Hell yeah! I have good friends who are unpublished writers, so I always dig a good yarn.

51la5:

Love the fluff Revlid though I can’t see anyone melting down statues of Hashut maybe his kollossus is forged from melted statues of other gods with the faces still showing a a bull head at the top to show Hashut’s dominance over all gods.

Sargoth The Enslaver:

Well I read somewhere that every time CDS casts a spell a small part of him (or her?) turns too stone (a finger,toe,eye etc) rather than a slow turning in too stone over time death.So we may slafy say that good (if a CD can be called good???) old Astro has simply stoped casting all-to-gether so he can still rule till the end of his days (whtch can’t be all far off as hes nearing the end of his lifespan as it is,all Dwarfs good or chaosy mostly live for 500 too 550 years,the lucky ones can live for 700 too 757 years)

Perturabo:

In the thread linked to in my sig, there’s a short discussion about a unit of CDs with stone skin. I suggested they could be an experiment by the sorcerors to pass the curse on to acolytes and save their own skins. It wasn’t a popular suggestion with the thread starter, but I felt it could fit in nicely with such a callouse race.

Edit: Heh, I just realised what I wrote there. Unintentional puns ftw!

Kera foehunter:

kera start taking the the old soceror and put them on a island and making them face east toward the sunrise !! this might be a new Easter island in a few years!!

jolpis:

goood idea. or staple them in a circle and call it stonehedge or mayby sorcererhedge

Kera foehunter:

well lets envade the empier and do your Stonehenge

and some crop circle that would keep Empire wizard busy